edge's cousin attacks again: "the album is already finished"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
E-mail from MICHAEL MARRONE, u2tour mailing list...

Edges cousin bringing U2 fresh news? maybe... :wink:

Hey,
If I may be so bold to cut & paste a comment from vh1 message boards on
U2 it might be of interest...

buzzkill27

07:16 PM
The Reason Why the Album is Delayed

Hello to all you U2 fans,my old man was from Dublin and I have friends there,one or two who know people who work for the band and I'm not saying my info is 100% accurate,but I do know a friend who knows a little bit about the situation regarding the album.
This is what I've learned:

The album is already finished,the mixing and mastering of the new album is already underway but it is a process that takes about 2 to 3 months to complete...that means the album minus the artwork or album title will be offically in Universal Record Executives hands by June.The sound of the record is "space garage" whatever the hell that means it contains 12 to 13
songs,8 of which kick major ass(the songs rock harder than anything U2 has ever recorded).

The reason why the album is being delayed and only released by September 7th is twofold.

1.) Marketing reasons: The record company Universal/Interscope wants to take advantage of a late summertime promotion blitz to market the upcoming album and a fall release when traditionally albums sell better than they do over the summer months.....remember ATYCLB was relesed in October and benefited from Christmas sales.......POP was rush released in March
1997,U2 and the record company did not have time to sufficently promote
it,U2 wasn't properly rehearsed for the tour and the album was an afterthought by the time Christmas 1997 came around,U2 isn't going to make the same mistake twice.So the record company is looking for a big boost from
U2 in the 4th quarter sales period of 2004(which is from fall to winter) much like ATYCLB did for Interscope/Universal in 4th quarter of 2000.

2.) Part of the "marketing blitz" is to have U2 release a single for a major action superhero type of movie over the summer...a movie that will be big and therefore also will sort of announce "the return of U2/U2 is back"
etc. etc. and it will help to get the word out about the forthcoming album.What movie?? some peole are saying this "Sky Captain and The World Of Tommorow" movie...but I'm not so sure if
that is the one yet.

I hope some of this info helps,trust me you will be hearing a U2 single out this summer as part of a movie tie in.It looks like New album - Sept. 2004
......Tour late 2004/2005......... Rock and Roll induction ceremony Spring 2005....... MTV ICON 2005

See ya!

I just checked that site and read that statement, if anyone has anything else to offer, please do.

namaste~Linda ny

Last edited:
Well, that all sounds great and i'd be DAMN happy with that. Especially the thingthat 8/12 songs rock harder than anyhing U2 have ever done. That would be excellent. It would make the album a huge success.

Let' all cross our fingers and dream out loud now.......

i heard they wanted to release the album in early sept just so that chizip's prediciton of the release date would be right

innocent_eyes said:
Especially the thingthat 8/12 songs rock harder than anyhing U2 have ever done. That would be excellent. It would make the album a huge success.
if they tried to make the song rock harder than it asked for in the first place it probably won't help to make it a better album

I wouldn't mind if this article was the truth, but I have doubts that they would rather release that movie single over an album single. (I think Elevation's Tomb raider robbed ATYCLB of a more deserving song to be a single)

8 out of 12 rocks harder than anything they've ever done? Wow, this should be interesting. Remember that article early in 2003 when a journalist said All because of you is their hardest song ever? I guess the War meets Achtung Baby description may not be that bad after all, and that all those rumors about a more rocking/guitar fillled albums are true.

Yeah, sounds very interesting!!!! U2 girl, u didn't think elevation was a great song? All my friends loved it and beutiful day more than walk on and Stuck..., walk on got a warm reception. Stuck...wasn't a very good single, but it was in some ways. It was good for that album. I would have prefered Kite as a release over that though.

the original statement makes alot of sense.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haw

howdy folks

it's me, it's me

the man the myth the legend.................... the corner, cousin to the edge

sorry for not reporting for a while. i was off visiting my folks, the cliff, who's the edge's uncle and my papa, and the line-of-intersection-of-two-surfaces, the edge's aunt and my mama.

while we were sitting down for a nice corn beef and cabbage dinner, who would happen to stop by but cousin the edge himself. so i done asked him about this here new album bizness, and he done told me that they indeed are done with the album.

the reason done for the delay is quite simple, i reckon. bono caught a case of the south african whooping cough while he done was one of them there humanitarian trip thingamajigs, and the boys done need to find a cure so that he can go on tour. so adam and larry done be in the laboratory night and day tryin' to come up with a cure for the south african whooping cough, and once they do, the album will come out and they shall tour.

so we've got that goin' for us

well i reckon i best be a goin'. some guy who claims to be the deerector of u2 security or somethin like that done wants to interview me for his webpage. funny lookin' fella he is too. i done believe the interview will be up this weekend.

till next time, this here be the corner- cousin to the edge

Last edited:
innocent_eyes said:
U2 girl, u didn't think elevation was a great song? All my friends loved it and beutiful day more than walk on and Stuck..., walk on got a warm reception. Stuck...wasn't a very good single, but it was in some ways. It was good for that album. I would have prefered Kite as a release over that though.

Well to me, elevation was ok, not GREAT, but ok - i preferred Stuck over it. I think Kite in particular should have been a single, also In a little while.

You know what Space Garage rock sounds to me?? Someone who opened for U2 on some dates back for Zoo TV - one of my favorite bands EVER.... The Pixies !!!!!!!

Numb1075 said:
You know what Space Garage rock sounds to me?? Someone who opened for U2 on some dates back for Zoo TV - one of my favorite bands EVER.... The Pixies !!!!!!!

Back when they started recording this album, Edge was asked who he'd been listening to as of late (as this is often an indicaiton of where the album is headed sonically), and - if memory serves - I think he said Sonic Youth, BRMC and... The Pixies.

I think we're in for a good ride :yes:

I think you are right Dorian Gray. The Pixies came out with some amazing sounds and melodies (And Sonic Youth made ridiculous noises come out of the guitar). i wouldn't mind hearing pixie-ish music along with bono's wonderful vocal range and inspiring lyrics. I am pretty pumped. Too bad we'll still be waiting a while for the release.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom