Ebay tickets for Ottawa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacefrogdog

The Fly
I'm looking for tickets for a friend.

What is happening to these Ebay sellers currently selling tickets well above face value, when Ebay dictates that they can't do so while in Ontario? According to Ebay policy, once the face value is reached, the seller is responsibly for ending the auction. But what happens if the seller leaves the auctions and the sell price is above the face value? Does Ebay void the auction in that case?

EBay is a business - those laws are posted because they have to. The only time they will pull down an auction is if people complain about it. Keep in mind the higher an item goes the more money they will make.

Exactly. Since the buyer's location is never revealed, except to the seller, the government would never be able to find out whether any laws were broken.

But Ebay's help pages state that the location of the event, irrespective of the location of the buyer or seller, is important. Ontario is one of the provinces where the tickets can't be sold over face value, so the show at the Corel Centre would apply.

Oh well - I think it's a moot point as the sellers well get away with it as you've all stated.

What if you bought the tix for way over face value, then later did a chargeback through Paypal/credit card of the amount over face value - claiming that you didn't realize that the transaction was illegal and you are only doing your part to abide by the law?

If nothing else the seller (scalper/broker) would be pissed!

the olive said:
What if you bought the tix for way over face value, then later did a chargeback through Paypal/credit card of the amount over face value - claiming that you didn't realize that the transaction was illegal and you are only doing your part to abide by the law?

If nothing else the seller (scalper/broker) would be pissed!

Thats fuckin theft. If you dont want to support scalpers dont buy tickets off of them. There are lots of fans selling i got Van2 tickets for face from a fellow fan. If you have a problem with the legalities of scalping on ebay i dont see how you could pull this scam off and live with yourself. :eyebrow:

theedge111 said:

Thats fuckin theft. If you dont want to support scalpers dont buy tickets off of them. There are lots of fans selling i got Van2 tickets for face from a fellow fan. If you have a problem with the legalities of scalping on ebay i dont see how you could pull this scam off and live with yourself. :eyebrow:

Relax, I didn't say I was going to do it... The thought just occured to me. Yes, I guess it would be theft and illegal. BUT SELLING THE TICKETS ABOVE FACE VALUE (in Ontario) IS ILLEGAL TOO!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom