Don't you think it sucked how they cut up ZOOTV on VH1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I must have missed a thread somewhere else. I just saw it, was it on before? The butcher job was horrible. The MacPhisto part didn't even make sense. How could they leave out MW and WOWY? What a disgrace.

I saw it and I agree, it was pathetic. They missed out on too many of their best songs, but as long as potential fans get a taste of U2, I guess that's all that matters.

Maybe that's what they were going for, the taste of it, for casual fans. But as a show, which ZOOTV was, it was ruined. We fans who know it well can see how sad it was.

Yes, it's gonna be on several more times.

I had never seen Zoo TV before (I'm asking for the DVD for Christmas) and this cut-up version really gave a dull impression. It left me with very little feeling, and every other U2 concert I've seen has left me feeling something besides "Where's the beef?" "Running to Stand Still" and "Streets" were very impressive, however.

I too saw it last weekend, and I too was quite surprised they left out Mysterious Ways. I posted about it in my LJ:

And then VH1 Classic was showing ZooTV Sydney, but only an hour of it. And I have it on DVD, but I watched it anyway just so I could see which parts of it they fit into an hour (with commercials). The setlist didn't really surprise me, except for the part where they left out Mysterious Ways.
It went like this: They cut out most of the intro and launched into Zoo Station and The Fly, then cut right to One, then to commercial (without Unchained Melody). They came back straight into New Year's Day, then cut to Angel of Harlem, then right into Bullet the Blue Sky. They went to commercial after that, and I thought for sure they'd skip right to Streets, but nope they played Running To Stand Still (which made me very happy), and then Streets. After that, the hour was almost up, and I figured they'd play Pride and end it there, but they surprised me again. No Pride, and instead, we got Love is Blindness, and then it ended. It was nice to see MacPhisto <3

All I kept thinking was "The general public likes Mysterious Ways. The general public would not comprehend MacPhisto."

I watched it just for the hell of seeing something I've seen a million times so it wasn't that bad.

I was happy that they didn't slice out Running To Stand Still.
That would have pissed me off, you just can't do that. :no:

Non-fans probably wouldn't get the Mac bits so yeah.

They do that every time.... same was done with VERTIGO live (chicago). They sqeezed the whole show in 60 minutes.... :eyebrow: someone who has never been to a U2 show might see that and think "THAT'S IT??"

I'd make it:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
Where the Streets Have No Name
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car/Speech
Love Is Blindness

If you need to squeeze it into an hour with commercials.

What I can't understand is WHY they felt the need to edit it down to an hour! What, with all the stupid programming they have, and all the unnecessary repetitition like showing "Famous Toys 50-80 out of 100" five times in 2 days, surely there was enough time to show the entire concert instead?:eyebrow:

Butterscotch said:
What I can't understand is WHY they felt the need to edit it down to an hour! What, with all the stupid programming they have, and all the unnecessary repetitition like showing "Famous Toys 50-80 out of 100" five times in 2 days, surely there was enough time to show the entire concert instead?:eyebrow:

No kidding! How many times do they have to show "Celebrity Paranormal" and "40 Greatest Pranks"? They're supposed to be about MUSIC! :rant: :yell:

^Celebrity Paranormal kicks ass :angry:

I saw it, it was pathetic but who cares? it showed U2 at the time and that's what they suppose to do..

As long as I have my dvd I'm good..

Rachel D. said:

No kidding! How many times do they have to show "Celebrity Paranormal" and "40 Greatest Pranks"? They're supposed to be about MUSIC! :rant: :yell:

Are you kidding? Aren't you fascinated by "Fabulous Life of Celebrity Pets?" :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom