Don't Panic, Don't Pay 500$ for GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
This situation is extremely frustrating, and I am as pissed off as all of you, especially since we had a fair system working fine for all those years, and now as someone said, they outsourced their fan club, and we're getting screwed.

But I really urge those of you who want good seats NOT to buy from scalpers right now. I work in showbusiness, and I can tell you that only a small portion of a concert's tickets will go onsale for the general public on the first day. Most good seats (and that includes enormous amounts of GA) are kept for the people in the business, or are not sold at the beginning as a way to try to stop scalpers.

But when we get closer to the date, more tickets will be available, and it's very likely there will be excellent tickets onsale the day of the show, and most probably some GA. And even if you end up having to buy from a scalper, you will pay WAY less as you get closer to the show.

I know it's stressful not to have a ticket until the last minute, but it's really not worth it to pay 500$ for GA right now.

During the last Springsteen tour, my boyfriend tried to get GA on the first day of the general sale. After a minute they were all 'sold-out'. Then about a week before the show, tons of GA tix went onsale online. We actually ended buying way more than we needed, and we got stuck with 5 extra GA tickets the day of the show. There were scalpers everywhere trying to sell their tickets, and they were going at ridiculously low prices. We literally could not find anyone to buy our tickets, as many people in the GA line had extra AND they were selling some at the box office.

Now this will not happen with U2, no doubt, no one will be stuck with extra GA tix. But this Springsteen show was technically sold-out too.

So don't panic, be patient, we will have other occasions to get GA. No garantee, clearly, but all hope is not lost.

Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I have re-faxed the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom