Computer experts help me please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Advah

War Child
A horrible thing has just happened: half of my download file has disappeared!! That is to say about 20 bootlegs I didn't have time to tidy!:sad:
The strange thing is that some mp3s I had entered in winamp still are available..:huh: And the free disk space hasn't changed, either. But when I try a search with windows, I don't find any of my files.

I'm totally freaked out, I don't even want to think I may have lost all this stuff! Did the same thing happen to you? Do you know what I could do to fix thaaaaaaat?!?
:sad:

(sad) Advah

Ok, topic closed! I had to restart my PC because it had too many bugs (didn't want to do it at first, I was afraid it might erase me other files), Windows made a weird stuff and restarted, and now all the files are back! Pfiouuu!! :crazy: :sigh: I must say I feel better!
I think it's time to burn a few CDs now, just in case..

Whew! That was scary, glad it's okay now! I remember once when all but 5 of my pics disappeared!

Thanks U2Kitten!:hug: Sorry to hear that about your pics, I would have gone mad!

PS: I haven't felt that good in ages LoL!

Advah said:

I think it's time to burn a few CDs now, just in case..

back them up while you're thinking about it. I lost a drive a couple weeks ago that had ALL my U2 stuff on it. If I hadn't had some backups I would have lost 160 gigs of stuff. :crack: And you know how much fun it would be to start getting all that back.... :angry:

Don't tell me about that, it's my worst nightmare! You guys are frightening me, I'll start burning this week-end!:huh:
I think I need to make a defrag quickly, I don't want other files to disappear...

defrag won't help if you run Windows 2000 or XP. That's more for 98 or lower b/c they use a different file system. It won't hurt, but it won't really help at all. Your best bet is to just delete files you don't want, uninstall programs you never use, make sure you have the latest Windows updates, make sure you have an up-to-date antivirus program, and do an up-to-date scan for spyware with Adaware or Spybot.

Well the defrag gave me 3% of free space on the disk, which doesn't help me a lot. (I'm on Win 2000).
I can't delete more than I've already done, so I'll burn some concerts (especially those in 320 kbps that take a lot of space).
Usually I've got everything updated, but when I made a Spybot scan I found about 12 entries!:huh: I really need to learn using this pgm!
Thanks for the info LLABM!:angel:

Back
Top Bottom