comparing some A-bomb songs with others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFlyOnTheWall

Refugee
First of all, I don't find the new album as great as something that can be called their masterpiece. I like most of their albums better than this one (it's all full of good tunes, but not a single GREAT one, and I mean great as /going from the beggining/ I WIll Follow, Gloria, SBS, NYD, A Sort Of Homecoming, UF, Bad, WTSHNN, I Still Haven't..., WOWY, Running to stand Still, EBTTRT, One, Love Is Blindness, Stay, Lemon, Mofo, Gone, Stuck, BD, Walk On, Kite... - yes, many GREAT songs)
Now, I know probably all will disagree, but I must say I don't find let's say SYCMOYO as good as some older "similair" songs (One, All I Want Is You). The words are awsome, but the music is just trying to hard to be a classic piece. The same thing is with Vertigo being rocking.
And CFYT really didn't succed in becoming Walk On pt. II...

I'm not gonna say things about other songs, too...:wink:

I think I've heard you repeat the same things over and over enough without you creating a thread about HTDAAB... ;)

For example, if you think Stuck is better than any song on Atomic Bomb then I just can't help you!

I don't think we can really judge the "greatness" of this album. We need some time to chew it up, regurgitate it and then decide if we're going in for another bite.

I usually judge these things after they've been toured. And a lot of times the tour will cement my feelings towards the album. Call me crazy, but that's my method.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom