Collector question: U2-3 value

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VintagePunk

Blue Crack Distributor
How much is this worth? Version info taken from U2wanderer.org.

sing001-03.jpg

Track Listing:
Out of Control (Single Version) / Stories for Boys (Single Version) / Boy - Girl
Further Information:
1981 fourth pressing, re-release in plain black sleeve, and without the numbered sticker. U-2 is in the thinner style type. Ireland is mispelled on the label and the band's names are etched only on the b-side of the vinyl. There may have been more than one pressing done like this as there are subtle label variations to be found among these copies, most noticibly where the "Made in England" label is placed.

Mods, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but this is a time sensitive question.

Honestly think you might get a quicker response in the proper forum.

Honestly think you might get a quicker response in the proper forum.

Thanks Sicy, you're probably right. I just thought that this forum was busier, and someone familiar with collecting might see it faster out here. Could you move it for me, please?

I kind of passed up the chance I had today, but I still wouldn't mind a reply for future reference. :)

I think your best bet nowadays is have a look what it is doing on Ebay.
(There is one now with a Buy It Now price of $40 and another one where the opening bid is $30)

BTW, here's a nice website with some info about the pressings: u2-3.com _ about

Thanks for the replies.

BVS, whoa! I'm sure that must be for the first pressing, the one with the picture cover.

Popmartijn, I saw the $40 buy it now listing, which is what made me decide not to go for the one I could have had. This one was at a temporary display set up at a university by a dealer, and he was asking $35 CDN for it. However, the later editions listed on the U2wanderer website all have black sleeves (as did the one on eBay), and this one was in a plain white sleeve. My daughter saw it, and called to ask if I wanted her to pick it up for me. When I noticed the sleeve discrepancy, I told her that if it were me, I would have offered him less, but she didn't feel like haggling, so I told her not to bother. Since last night, I've been kind of wishing I'd told her to get it anyway. :lol:

I found a 4th pressing of it at a record convention on the weekend. My eyes are still peeled hoping to accidentally run into a 1st pressing :)

Back
Top Bottom