Coco Solo, Colón, Panama Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Renato, can't thank you enough.

Site hits are going up on U2gigs! Live updates for the win.

Extended drum intro. Sounds pretty cool.
Keyboard playing as backing track.
Bono is doing ok with lyrics.

Edit: CUCKATOO :lmao:

Sounds very good imo - better than Boots live.

Yellow lights in the background for those that want Coldplay reference.

It really sounds good!

Bono sounds a bit tired at the end of the song. So much for fast vocal delivery. :lol:

Now coming to Edge's solo:
Bono goes to the middle of the public and stands up on the table where the interview was talking place.

Solo sounds similar to the album. Continues during the "songs are in your eyes" part.

VERY uplifting.

I guess it's over (unless there's a surprise after the commercial break).

Sounds very good imo - better than Boots live.

Yellow lights in the background for those that want Coldplay reference.

It really sounds good!

:lmao:

So Bono's handling the pace of the verses?

:lmao:

So Bono's handling the pace of the verses?

I think he did it quite well, considering it's the first performance. He did sound tired at some point, though.

Damn, so much for three songs!

Yeah... I checked back at u2achtung and someone says that they may be taping a third song for another show. I guess we'll find out soon enough, as there were members of that forum in the audience.

Yeah... I checked back at u2achtung and someone says that they may be taping a third song for another show. I guess we'll find out soon enough, as there were members of that forum in the audience.

Cool, hope that happens!

Don't suppose you could look over the article I've posted? The phrasing's clunky since I was just updating as you posted; I'll revise it soon: U2gigs.com - U2 play on Le Grand Journal

Would also like to give you some credit for helping out here. I normally do that by giving somebody's first name and the initial of their last name; Ashley is the "Ashley W." in question in the U2gigs relaunch article. Would you be OK with that?

:lol: Aren't you supposed to.. work at work?

How can you be online in a recordstore? :p Don't you have music to sort and customers to help?

As if Liam would ever be a productive member of the workforce!

Cool, hope that happens!

Don't suppose you could look over the article I've posted? The phrasing's clunky since I was just updating as you posted; I'll revise it soon: U2gigs.com - U2 play on Le Grand Journal

Would also like to give you some credit for helping out here. I normally do that by giving somebody's first name and the initial of their last name; Ashley is the "Ashley W." in question in the U2gigs relaunch article. Would you be OK with that?

The article looks fine. I'm a bit scared I may have missed something on the interview (as I said, they were speaking in english and there was someone dubbing in french on top). And thanks for asking about credit (I did this for the pleasure, as you know!), much appreciated. In case you feel like mentioning it, the initial of my last name is M.

Hey Ax, or Liam if you're still around. The ads on telly are saying that the album is out on Friday.....I thought it wasn't til Saturday......am I having a dumb blonde moment? :der:

It's friday, or so I've heard.

Same date as Holland! :hyper::hyper::hyper: FOUR MORE DAYS!

Freaky. It's 3 more days and exactly 12 hours.

The article looks fine. I'm a bit scared I may have missed something on the interview (as I said, they were speaking in english and there was someone dubbing in french on top). And thanks for asking about credit (I did this for the pleasure, as you know!), much appreciated. In case you feel like mentioning it, the initial of my last name is M.

Not to worry! I tend to be pretty selective about posting interview comments as it is, so it doesn't matter if it's not all there.

I always try to credit people who help out. :)

:hyper::hyper: OMG!!!! That means I get to blast it at work as soon as I pick it up :lol:

Omg, the people at your work are lucky they have such a social employee like you! :yes:

I'm skipping my first class to pick it up. I hate getting up at 6.30 anyway and I have class from 9-11, and then from 1.30-3.30, so I'll not sit at uni for 2 hours doing nothing/superthreading, I'll most likely sit at home and blast the album on the downstairs sound system. :drool:

Hey Ax, or Liam if you're still around. The ads on telly are saying that the album is out on Friday.....I thought it wasn't til Saturday......am I having a dumb blonde moment? :der:

Yep, we get it Friday!

Not that it matters for me, as I'm waiting for the deluxe edition to arrive from Amazon UK. (The most deluxe edition isn't available here ... the version JB will be selling is an import; you can get it for only a little over half the price by ordering from Amazon.)

Yep, we get it Friday!

Not that it matters for me, as I'm waiting for the deluxe edition to arrive from Amazon UK. (The most deluxe edition isn't available here ... the version JB will be selling is an import; you can get it for only a little over half the price by ordering from Amazon.)

I'm just gonna buy the normal one at JB and order the box set from Amazon. I really need to get off my lazy arse and do it!!

Not to worry! I tend to be pretty selective about posting interview comments as it is, so it doesn't matter if it's not all there.

I always try to credit people who help out. :)

Thanks! I am looking at the French websites and I'll let you know of anything interesting.

How ironic, the Canal+ signal I had has just been interrupted.

Me too!! I'm kinda outta the tuf Bono club now. . . . ah well.

Check the thread in PLEBA, if you show me the pic I can crop it for you into an avatar if you'd like. Otherwise, perhaps Bonnie could make you one with the freaky cat in it? :lol: She did an awesome job at Yoshi, so a cat wouldn't be hard. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom