COBL = Reference to London?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADecentMelody

War Child
Listening to the Jo Whiley show, Bono says it's snapshot of them first coming to London when they were 17/18 trying to showcase their demos around. Also, the neon hearts line refers to a Boomtown Rats song of the same title.

There goes the NYC theories, at least from this interview.

according to Bono in Q magazine he states " It's a New York song. about going there for the first time, We were the first band to play Madison Square Gardens after 9/11 and during Where the streets have no name the house lights came up and there were 20,000 people in tears , It was beautiful "

tarquinsuperb said:
God forbid the song might actually be about somewhere in Europe.

I don't think this thread was started in the spirit of "Americans claiming the song for ourselves." U2 have written far too many American songs, it's true. This is more just addressing inconsistencies objectively, at least on my part.

UnforgettableLemon said:

I don't think this thread was started in the spirit of "Americans claiming the song for ourselves."
Sorry I was only messing about.
To be fair I was at the Top Of The Pops performance when the song was premiered and Bono introduced it by saying it was about being young in big cities like London and New York.
I don't think it's about every city just those that are a bit special like London or New York.

tarquinsuperb said:

Sorry I was only messing about.
To be fair I was at the Top Of The Pops performance when the song was premiered and Bono introduced it by saying it was about being young in big cities like London and New York.
I don't think it's about every city just those that are a bit special like London or New York.

what he/she said

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom