Chicago 3 Setlist Party - Ballroom at last??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway, if you want to continue this debate, Townie, I suggest visiting the Free Your Mind sub forum and diving in there. A set list party thread doesn't seem like the time or place to go in depth on how the Supreme Court works.

I really didn't want this to go that way....I made (literally) one comment on not wanting to listen to Bono blathering (which I have done several times) and got ambushed by 17 people....but HEY! Good times....

This issue (gay marriage) has been pretty much decided over the last 2 years. It has become legal in 36 states over a very short period of time,

And what do you tell the people who are legally married in one state, but get absolutely no recognition in another? Tough? "Sorry, but this state hasn't come around to it yet, so just be patient and wait until they decide you're worthy of equal treatment under the law."

why did the Supreme Court even need to do ANYTHING about it?
Because a case was brought before them asking for clarification of the legal mess that allowing some states to ban gay marriage while others states allow it creates. You do understand that the Supreme Court doesn't actually go out seeking issues to judge, right? They decide to take on cases that come before them through the legal system. That's how this works.

If marriage is a federal issue, then why do you go to your local town government clerk's office to obtain the marriage license? Why don't you go to Washington DC?

Come on, this is just silly. You do understand that the local government is also connected to the federal government, right?

I really didn't want this to go that way....I made (literally) one comment on not wanting to listen to Bono blathering (which I have done several times) and got ambushed by 17 people....but HEY! Good times....

What if Bono made a speech saying SCOTUS was wrong? "Yeah! Woo! More of this, B-Man!"

What if Bono made a speech saying SCOTUS was wrong? "Yeah! Woo! More of this, B-Man!"

Sure...yup....because you clearly know me and what I would be thinking....

Can you tell what I'm thinking right now? I will give you a hint....

:wave: have a nice life COBL

Sorry, can't keep up with all the posts....apparently I'm in the minority on here. Yay for you all and your opinions...I will respect them, disagree with them, and continue to listen to my favorite band despite the fact that I disagree with them on some issues. I bear NO ILL WILL towards anyone or anything....I would hope that you can all be as respectful as I have tried to be in my responses....have a nice night

Yeah everybody, we're all gonna get laid!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm back n the hotel from this truly special gig :drool::love::hyper:

Words and even periscope cannot relay what a life affirming experience tonight was :love:.

One HAD to be played tonight after whats just happened ( adam took his bass off and was getting ready for 40 from what we saw before he put it back on ). It was , to me and all the other hardcore nuts around me tonight simply off the charts, the same with pride for
obvious reasons . This experience with the singalong for One cannot be captured , you just have to be there.
AIWIY is my second favourite U2 song so thx Ali for being there tonight :D
This was one of those gigs you really wish you had been to but im glad most of you guys got good periscope links to experience it.:applaud:

One HAD to be played tonight after whats just happened ( adam took his bass off and was getting ready for 40 from what we saw before he put it back on ).

40 wasn't on the setlist, so maybe it was a double change.

[TWEET]615369101813399552[/TWEET]

Tweet embed is not intuitive, nowhere does it say you just have to put in the number after /status. Had to quote another tweet to see what I was doing wrong..

Last edited:
40 wasn't on the setlist, so maybe it was a double change.

[TWEET]615369101813399552[/TWEET]

Tweet embed is not intuitive, nowhere does it say you just have to put in the number after /status. Had to quote another tweet to see what I was doing wrong..

The embedded tweets don't even show up for me, but maybe that's because I'm a lazy fucker when it comes to installing browser updates.

omggggg I've been way critical of this tour in parts but they really pulled it together tonight for me to get to see. I knew it would be good, Bono hung out forever and talked to everyone (said he'd "see what would happen" when I asked about Stay and Playboy Mansion, not getting my hopes up but hey) but I met the girl Julia who got onstage tonight, we stood right next to each other while talking to him and she told Bono the story of getting onstage in Cleveland and off hand I was like "you should do it again tonight" and we know how that worked. they played Gloria that night too, ironically.

as for the show, wow. they were just on. Gloria was near-perfect (they played it, who cares), loved Cedarwood, End of the World was insanity, e-stage great. I'd never seen Desire (not a regular in america) and it was so fun and loose. always how that song has been so I dug it. Lucifer's is one of my favorite new songs so I was glad that was out. Bullet was fucking amazing. a true highlight and I think he changed up the spiel a bit??? was excellent and powerful. Pride/BD both good but wow, All I Want is You???? tremendous. shed tears. it was perfect and his voice nailed it. rest of the show good but would've liked Bad/40 in the encore but how can I complain

very very very excited for tomorrow

Bono won't sing One, Axver won't keep his browser up to date. What is this world coming to :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom