Chevy Chase, Maryland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with still images and I'll presume someone else is doing the recording.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so into photography - like when the Qantas A380 was in Auckland I wished at the time I could look at it not only through the viewfinder of the camera.

this karaoke place in vienna had desire, and some guy had done it earlier in the night awesomely. so i signed up for streets, and then they played desire instead, and i didn't know how to tell them in german it was the wrong song, and i looked like a total twat singing badly something someone had already done well.

I'm hoping everyone else was rocking out and looking at all of the visuals for the song.

the funny part, though, was that I knew i'd look like a cock, but i just COULDN'T....HELP...IT

Heh, at U2 gigs, multiple people remarked to me about how into the music I was. Luckily all positively.

But I'm kind of distinctive when I headbang with the 'fro.

I'm happy with still images and I'll presume someone else is doing the recording.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so into photography - like when the Qantas A380 was in Auckland I wished at the time I could look at it not only through the viewfinder of the camera.
i hear you. when i was traveling i had to remind myself to put away the camera sometimes and actually look at shit. same thing with concerts, baseball celebrations....

I've discovered I genuinely prefer watching trains when I'm photographing them.

It was the solo in The Fly, if that makes it any better.

All is forgiven.

Compare notes?

Pretty blank at the moment... Alcohol seems to be the easiest and cheapest way thus far :up:

also i have to share, on the topic of singing, that there is this absurd karaoke bar here i went to thursday. it looks just exactly like a proper british pub, but then, it's a french karaoke atmosphere, and they have 3 u2 songs. can anyone guess which ones?

Errr... One, WOWY, Mysterious Ways?

(I only say MW cause my friend's karaoke machine has MW, which was kinda surprising)

Also, I thought karaoke was an Asian thing..? In my experience, only Asians have the capacity to let it all out by belting out their horrible rendition of "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes".

I find ES in a lot of karaoke tapes too. I don't get it.
i have never seen it before, but i don't go to a lot of karaoke. i think it's really weird, it's not the same level of hit as other stuff you find, really quite unknown. but it would actually be fun to sing, i kinda do wanna do it. except i'd be soooo tempted to belt out "electric toaster"

All is forgiven.

Pretty blank at the moment... Alcohol seems to be the easiest and cheapest way thus far :up:

Errr... One, WOWY, Mysterious Ways?

(I only say MW cause my friend's karaoke machine has MW, which was kinda surprising)

Also, I thought karaoke was an Asian thing..? In my experience, only Asians have the capacity to let it all out by belting out their horrible rendition of "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes".
the gayest and asianist man i have ever met, but mostly just the gayest, and i've met a lot of gay gay men, was there and did a terrible terrible rendition of something or other, and he thought he was really great, and it was hilarious.

I thought I'd have to be super drunk to sing a fucking spice girls song on singstar with my friends, yet i did it stone cold sober.

and by with, i mean alone in front of.

I actually sung in somebody else's presence last night.

Ali and I did Exit and somebody needed to do vocals. Except I didn't do them very well, because I was trying to focus on playing guitar, which I also didn't do well because I was trying to remember the lyrics, so yeah.

(Yes, U-Wen, Ali and I had a Phail band meeting WITHOUT YOU.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom