Bright End of Nowhere pt 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: pure crap

single quotes ‘’ equal thoughts, double quotes “” equal dialogue

The next night after the show Vik couldn’t help but wonder how Edge had managed to talk her into this. Normally she’d have no problem turning down a party so why had she agreed to this one? It had something to do with Edge, she decided and that fact alone scared her. She had never developed a deep attachment to anyone because that only ever led to hurt so what was it about him that changed all that?

Bono scowled at her as she walked in with Edge but didn’t say anything. Vik stayed close to Edge for he first little while because she didn’t really know anyone else in the room.

Bono was in the centre of a group of people telling some elaborate story that involved a lot of arm waving and for a moment Vik stopped to watch him. She could see why everyone liked him so much with his charismatic and outgoing personality. But it was the same traits that made him such an excellent front man that got on Vik’s nerves.

Edge smiled as he handed her a glass of coke. “Bono caught your attention after all?”

Vik snorted. “He should come with a sign that say ‘best observed from a distance’.”

Edge laughed. “He’s not that bad. Especially once you get to know him.”

“I’m not ever sure I want to get to know him.”

“Well the feeling seems to be mutual anyway,” Edge grinned.

Vik snorted again and took a sip of her coke.

A slow song starts playing and a few couples start dancing.

“Dance with me,” Edge said after a moment.”

Vik choked on her coke. “What?”

“Come dance with me,” he said grinning mischievously.

“I don’t even know how to dance.”

“It’s easy, I’ll show you.”

Vik looked doubtful. “I’ve never done it before, I’m going to make a fool of myself.”

“No you wont. Come on,” with that he took her hand and lead her out to the dance floor while Vik tried to formulate another excuse.

“If I make a fool of myself you’re getting you ass kicked,” she informed him.

Edge laughed as he took her into his arms. “Just trust me.”

“I don’t trust anyone,” Vik mumbled wondering why she wasn’t putting up more of a fight.

“Relax,” Edge murmured softly. “You’re way too tense.”

‘You’re making me tense,’ Vik thought. ‘Just by acting this way.’

The problem was that Vik found she was enjoying dancing with him. ‘Why do I like being close to him? This doesn’t mean I’m falling for him does it? I don’t want to fall in love, everyone I’ve seen who falls in love just winds up getting hurt. It’s better not to feel, safer not to feel and I know that so why am I feeling this way towards him?’

Edge was watching Vik closely, while her facial expression never gave away much of what she was feeling he was learning to interpret her emotions through her eyes. When she was relaxed her eyes were a blue green but the more angry or irritated she became the closer and closer to ice blue her eyes became. Sometime in the past thirty seconds her eyes had gone from being blue green to ice blue and he couldn’t understand why.

‘I didn’t think that dancing would irritate her, it didn’t seem to be a moment ago so what’s going on?’

Vik couldn’t help but be relieved when the dance was over, it allowed her to move away from Edge and away from the conflicting emotions he made her feel by standing close.

She could see Bono watching her and shot him a glare. ‘I don’t care what he thinks, I’m definitely not interested in dating Edge.’

so what does everyone think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom