Bright End of Nowhere pt 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: every last drop of it's fiction

Edge was sitting in the hotel bar talking to Adam when Bono came in.

“What the hell do you see in Vik?” he fumed.

Edge looked up in surprise. “What’s that suppose to mean?”

“Who’s Vik?” Adam asked.

“The female technician with the short brown hair and endurable personality,” Bono growled still looking at Edge.

“She’s just a friend,” Edge said trying to calm Bono down. “And she’s not that bad really.”

“Oh sure. I’ve only spoken to her twice and both times she’s practically bitten my head off.”

“Maybe it’s how you approach her. She can get really defensive if you get on her bad side.”

Bono snorted. “I’m surprised she even has a good side.”

Edge glared at his friend. “Look, you may not like her but that doesn’t mean you can come in here and start insulting her. I happen to get along with her and if you don’t like that then you can fuck off.”

“I think,” Adam interjected. “That you should both just calm down because this is probably not worth a huge argument.”

Edge took a calming breath. “Look mate, I’m sorry I snapped at you but it might not just be her, it could be you as well.”

“Sure, whatever,” Bono muttered before heading for the doors obviously still irritated.

He’d just made it to the door as Vik was walking in and as a result almost flattened her.

“Would you watch where you’re going,” Vik spat.

“That’s her isn’t it,” Adam asked Edge who nodded in reply.

“Well maybe you should have gotten out of the way,” Bono snarled.

“There is nothing that says you can walk here and I can’t so next time pay attention,” Vik spun away from him and headed for the bar.

For a moment it looked like Bono was going to pursue the argument but then he spun back around and stalked off.

“Is he always like that or is it only when I happen to meet him?” Vik asked dropping into the seat beside Edge.

“He’s in a bad mood today,” Edge replied.

Vik ran a hand through her hair still looking irritated. “Well I happen to be the lucky one who only gets to talk to him when he’s in a bad mood then.”

“He thinks the same thing about you,” Adam told her.

Vik snorted. “Every time he’s spoken to me it’s been some kind of order just because he’s the “boss” and can order me around. I don’t take too kindly to that so I normally end up snapping at him.”

Adam chuckled. “I think we’re all a little used to having people do what we tell them to. However we do try to do it kindly.”

For a moment Vik looked like she was going to say something then she just shakes her head. “Whatever. I have to go work, I’ll see you later.”

Once she’s left Adam turned to Edge and said, “Well she’s certainly interesting.”

that's all for now. let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom