Brandon Flowers Covers IGWSHA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My immediate thought was "IGWSHA gone country".

Not my favorite, but not awful (mainly just a matter of personal taste, I think), and major props to him for playing the song at all.

I approve.

Come on U2, Brandon Flowers has played more Pop songs than you have in your entire 360 tour to date :doh:

Well, he sounds terrible in the first verse. Very flat. But, it's obviously not something he's sung live very often. So, I'll give him a break, even I don't really want to. The chorus seems to fit his range a bit better.

But props for reppin a great and obscure U2 song.

Yeah, he's not much chop as a singer outside of a certain style. But the arrangement is what I want to hear in more detail, it sounds cool.

Hah. That's one of those U2 songs that an artist can cover and people go "wow, is that a new song Brandon?"

Maybe 1 person (the one repeatedly screaming?) knew the song. ETA: sorry, the guy harmonizing...I guess he knew it also. :lol:

Hmmm... not big on the verses myself, but it is good he's giving the song some love. Shows how much of a fan he is.

Really nice guy in real life too, I might add. Met him a few years back after a Killers show.

Haha.

I don't mean to laugh at the dead, and I love Johnny Cash, god rest his soul, but the way you worded that post just made me really LOL.

Thanks for posting.

Big fan of that song and got so pumped when I read U2 rehearsed it in Barcelona last year..........

I like Brandon Flowers (although not the parts of his solo album I've heard so far) and I like the Killers' first few albums a lot.

I feel like I should like this cover, but I don't. Maybe it's because I love the original so much, and anything else just sounds wrong to me. But as others have said, props to him for doing it. :up:

I approve.

Come on U2, Brandon Flowers has played more Pop songs than you have in your entire 360 tour to date :doh:
This is an excellent point. A B-side and a snippet of the lead single is not enough Pop lovin' for an entire tour. :sad:

I wouldn't mind hearing that on record.
Nor would I. Since he's still doing promotion for Flamingo, maybe this could pop up as a B-side somewhere along the line?

You're going to be waiting quite a while.

Johnny Cash is dead.
:lmao:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom