Boston, March 11...location/tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a quick count of the list from page 46, not sure if any have been added since then but there are at least 18 pairs of tickets being given out today alone.

that's still not that many if this place seats 900. there has to be another way to get tickets somehow.

Are we sure that there is 900 seats? You also have to count all the silly dj's that get to go, press, VIP tickets given out by the people running this as well as the band's guests... it adds up fast.

I wish it was an outside show.. I would have gladly been 200 deep in the freezing cold to see them for an hour :lol:

Are we sure that there is 900 seats? You also have to count all the silly dj's that get to go, press, VIP tickets given out by the people running this as well as the band's guests... it adds up fast.

I wish it was an outside show.. I would have gladly been 200 deep in the freezing cold to see them for an hour :lol:

FWIW the Somerville Theater seating chart lists 899 seats. But you're right that that doesn't mean they're giving away 899 tickets!

I wish it was an outside show.. I would have gladly been 20000 deep in the freezing cold to see them for an hour :lol:

Fixed :nerd:

Ok, here is a strange question....what if you won tickets on 2 different radio stations? I know the chances are slim of getting through twice...but would they check the list?

FWIW the Somerville Theater seating chart lists 899 seats. But you're right that that doesn't mean they're giving away 899 tickets!

yeah that's exactly my point. where are the tickets that aren't being given away on the radios going? i can't imagine each ticket for the show is a radio contest only.

Know anyone out in Boston Common right now?

My brother is out there looking for the sexy boots. Anyone else have people out there? Maybe we can help other interferencers get those tix.

two thoughts:

(1) Tickets will be released at the ST box office day-of;
(2) The show won't be in the main theater but one of the smaller ones (I'm not that familiar with the place though, so I could be wrong)

Did anyone make a sign and hang it up in their business? That contest is over now... Wonder when they'll pick the winner for that.

two thoughts:

(1) Tickets will be released at the ST box office day-of;
(2) The show won't be in the main theater but one of the smaller ones (I'm not that familiar with the place though, so I could be wrong)

There's no hard copies of tickets available. They probably want to prevent scalping and production of fakes.

There will probably be alot of opportunties to win the day of the show.

glad to see the shoutouts going out.

I was thinking of that but the 1st time when I connected I was all umms and duhhhhs and couldnt speak. when all the calls blew up their system, they had to call back. that one was pre taped so even if I dropped an interference comment it would have been cut.

Ok, here is a strange question....what if you won tickets on 2 different radio stations? I know the chances are slim of getting through twice...but would they check the list?

Slim? Hell, if you win two sets of these things, you should go from the gig to Logan for a flight to Vegas and put your life savings down on a blackjack table.

Not sure what the name of the tour is gonna be, but the gig next week should be called "All Circuits are Busy." Actually, "Unknown Caller" works too because that's what I have been.

Slim? Hell, if you win two sets of these things, you should go from the gig to Logan for a flight to Vegas and put your life savings down on a blackjack table.

Not sure what the name of the tour is gonna be, but the gig next week should be called "All Circuits are Busy." Actually, "Unknown Caller" works too because that's what I have been.

Or Busy Signal

I have grown to loathe it the past few days.

That was a really bad question. If I had gotten through I was going to ask for a clarification if it had to be all the music or just a track.

Here's Carter Alan's response to my email on the subject:

Thanks for your response, but the question was absolutely not ambiguous. U2 contributed to a soundtracjk with many artists and didn't write their song for the soundtrtack in the first place. Edge wrote and performed the music for Cap[tive specifically. You've got to listen closely...
Now you know!

To add to the rumor mill:

Depending on whom you ask, U2 is playing at the Paradise, the House of Blues, the Middle East, Showcase Live, the Wilbur Theatre, and the Berklee Performance Center next week. Since we reported first that Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr., and Adam Clayton are coming to Boston Wednesday as part of a three-city promotional blitz, guessing the venue has become a favorite parlor game among diehard fans. Radio stations continue to promote the show, giving away tix to lucky listeners without disclosing the location. So where's it going to be? Try the Somerville Theatre. While the band might have preferred to play at the Paradise, where they first performed in 1980, we're told they'll be taking over the 900-seat theater in Davis Square. They're expected to do a Q&A and also play at least a few songs from their latest CD "No Line on the Horizon." Or are they? Ian Judge, the theater's director of operations, emailed us tonight to say this: "No show featuring U2 or any other group has been booked at my theater for March 11. If anyone confirms such a show I am sure they would undoubtedly contact us first, which they haven't at all yet." This would not be the first time a superstar has played at the Somerville Theatre. You'll recall that Bruce Springsteen did two shows there in 2003 as a fundraiser for DoubleTake, the documentary magazine founded by the Boss's buddy, Harvard professor Robert Coles. As you might expect, there's intense interest in the U2 show, and fans are trying everything they can think of to score a ticket. (The Wailers show at the Paradise next Wednesday is sold out because fans thought - or hoped - the reggae act was a ruse.) But, relax, in the likely event you can't get in the door, you can always walk over to the Joshua Tree for a pint. And this isn't your only chance to see the lads. Their US tour will include a show - though only one, we're told - at Gillette Stadium. Tickets for that gig, which will be either Sept. 20 or 21, should go on sale soon.

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/more_names/blog/2009/03/u2_where_the_streets_and_the_v.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom