Bono's Dancing Girls V - Were you one of the chosen?Wish you were? Post/chat here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Ally* said:
FYI, one of bono's dancing girls made the final cut of the Chicago DVD (which will be released in November). someone just posted a promo video for the DVD in the General Tour Discussions thread, and Khelia is clearly seen strutting her stuff onstage during 'Mysterious Ways'! way to go, khelia!!! :hyper:

Yay Khelia!!! :rockon:

And yay Alli, and all the other fantastic dancing girls. You rock!

Great story!! So thrilled that Alli got on stage again! Those pics are amazing!

Also, congrats to our lovely Khelia for making it on the Vertigo tour DVD!! What a big deal that is! She was Bono's birthday gift indeed. :wink:

I hope everybody who wants to dance with the man, does so one day...

LATwins said:
Great story!! So thrilled that Alli got on stage again! Those pics are amazing!

Also, congrats to our lovely Khelia for making it on the Vertigo tour DVD!! What a big deal that is! She was Bono's birthday gift indeed. :wink:

I hope everybody who wants to dance with the man, does so one day...

Well said:up: My thoughts aswell:yes:

u2bonogirl said:
Im glad for you! Mrs. Edge and I werent so lucky :wink: But thankfully Ive been over it for ages now. Ive got a cute guy at home to distract me :giggle:

I did have some post-dance depression about a week after it was over. Just being back to reality and thinking "what could possibly be better in my life than THIS" and such, and wondering what I could have done better during my brief time on stage (and there is a LOT). Fortunately, that bit has passed. Now I'm not depressed, but I do think about my experience at least once a day....I guess that's better than the 24 hours a day after it first happened! :lol:

I find I have mostly happy memories now, though sometimes I have some downs. The ups are when I listen to the bootleg, watch the vid and think "wow, he was looking for me!" I end up grinning like an idiot and feeling amazing.

Then when I hear of other people having better on-stage experiences than mine I think "ahhh man, I wish that had happened to me!".

I also think not having any more GA is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I can never be chosen again. :( But on the other hand, what if I had GA and he passed me by completely. Knowing me I'd go into a bout of bad self esteem that he didn't recognize me/like my vibe a second time.

Anyway, this is not for one second to sound like I am ungrateful, you all know how grateful and thrilled I am. I am also very happy for everyone who gets pulled up and her dream coming true...no matter how many times it happens. I was just sharing some of the things that go through my head sometimes. :)

Last edited:
From U2Tours I'll assume she doesn't mind them being posted
:wink:

8016-2.jpg

8016-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:

I did have some post-dance depression about a week after it was over. Just being back to reality and thinking "what could possibly be better in my life than THIS" and such, and wondering what I could have done better during my brief time on stage (and there is a LOT). Fortunately, that bit has passed. Now I'm not depressed, but I do think about my experience at least once a day....I guess that's better than the 24 hours a day after it first happened! :lol:

I find I have mostly happy memories now, though sometimes I have some downs. The ups are when I listen to the bootleg, watch the vid and think "wow, he was looking for me!" I end up grinning like an idiot and feeling amazing.

Then when I hear of other people having better on-stage experiences than mine I think "ahhh man, I wish that had happened to me!".

I also think not having any more GA is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I can never be chosen again. :( But on the other hand, what if I had GA and he passed me by completely. Knowing me I'd go into a bout of bad self esteem that he didn't recognize me/like my vibe a second time.

Anyway, this is not for one second to sound like I am ungrateful, you all know how grateful and thrilled I am. I am also very happy for everyone who gets pulled up and her dream coming true...no matter how many times it happens. I was just sharing some of the things that go through my head sometimes. :)

At this very moment, I'm listening to the 9/14 boot, and got past the part where he was looking to you, to no avail. Both Sarah and I commented that we're SO happy he found you!! :hug: :heart:

jilly mullen jr said:
i think i did an all right job hugging!

and here is one for my little sis. she is bloodrededge but rarely posts...

IMG_0089.jpg

what's your sister's real name? i don't wanna put "jilly's sister" on the site :wink:

VintagePunk said:

At this very moment, I'm listening to the 9/14 boot, and got past the part where he was looking to you, to no avail. Both Sarah and I commented that we're SO happy he found you!! :hug: :heart:

Awww! Thank you! :heart:

*Ally* said:
in the last 2 pics, bono is on his knees gently resting his head against Alli's stomach... it was so sweet. :heart:

FYI, one of bono's dancing girls made the final cut of the Chicago DVD (which will be released in November). someone just posted a promo video for the DVD in the General Tour Discussions thread, and Khelia is clearly seen strutting her stuff onstage during 'Mysterious Ways'! way to go, khelia!!! :hyper:

Ally, I just saw a pic of Khelia (and maybe Ruth?) on Gawker's page covering the U2/Corbijn exhibit. I thought it was kind of cool!

Check it out here! (Scroll down)

oK, I am not a PEBLAN but an old time Interferencer........ My head is about to explode after reading through this thread and seeing all these pictures. A couple things:

1) None of the links to the videos work... Can someone helo me out here? I am dying to see Miroslava's moves, lol and see below:

2) OH MY GOD MRS. EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have NO idea how thrilled I was to see that you got up there Jess!!!! Congrats! I need to see your video!

3) How come no one has mentioned the lucky GUY from NYC 10/08 that got up there? Is he going to make it on Anya's website? ;)

Anyways..... congrats to all. I hate you. lol

:lmao: Angel

1. Well, let's see, the link to my video still works, all you have to do is copy it, paste onto your browser and remove the space between the words send and it

Miroslava said:
http://s9.yousend it.com/d.aspx?id=1CQUXJXFYLLI40Z916QS47B55S

The same should be true for most of the other links (unless they're more than 7 days old, in which case they're definitely dead. I am dogsitting at my parents and don't really have access to my stuff, but maybe someone can repost if needed :wink: )

2. The complete story and videos for Mrs. Edge can be found here
http://forum.interference.com/t141778.html

3. The lucky 10/8 guy is not here, cause well, I am not sure if he'd appreciate being called one of Bono's Dancing girls :lol:

And I understand that Anja is not limiting her site to just girls, so I am sure he'll make it in :D

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

And I understand that Anja is not limiting her site to just girls, so I am sure he'll make it in :D

:wink: he will of course, if i can find a picture or anything of him on stage that is :)

Sweet, thx. Downloading it now........ dowgraded internet connections months ago, so I will post a reply in a week or so when its done. :wave: jK

btw- how did you guys get all your tix? I managed to score only two, and only one GA, and both tickets were not bought the conventional ways. :s

Angel said:
btw- how did you guys get all your tix? I managed to score only two, and only one GA, and both tickets were not bought the conventional ways. :s

:yikes:

Cheating, stealing and threatening with bodily harm? :lmao:

*thinks*

4/30 Denver GA - General TM sale
5/7 Chicago GA - Traded 100 levels from U2.com presale for GAs :mad:
5/22 (?) NYC seats - Ebay for $40 over face
6/24 Dublin GA - U2.com presale! :hyper:
6/25 Dublin seats - friend traded extra 6/24 pitch from U2.com presale...
6/27 Dublin seats - Ebay :crack:
9/16 Toronto GA - General TM sale
9/17 Toronto GA - General TM sale
9/20 Chicago GA - Broker :eeklaugh:
9/21 Chicago GA - Broker :eeklaugh:
10/22 Pittsburgh GA - Broker :eeklaugh:
10/24 Detroit GA - General TM sale
10/25 Detroit GA - General TM sale
11/19 Atlanta GA - Broker :eeklaugh:
12/10 Cleveland GA - ETS

And I am considering adding Las Vegas

:crack:

So basically Miroslava, you will be paying this tour off for the rest of your life.... :ohmy: Good for you.

:up: Btw- just watched your video! Good job. You are very lucky to have that on film.

oK, I need to go back to reality now. Night all.

oh and btw- what I meant by not the conventional ways... as in TM public sale. One ticket was sold to me by a friend who got it in the U2.com presale. My other ticket my friend also purchased in a presale for our company who has coporate presale eligibility to all shows held at the venue here. $200 reds.... :| That ticket killed.

I am still in desperate need for a ticket to the second show here in my city- 11/28 if anyone wants to help a 30+ brunette dance with Bono. :wink:

Miroslava said:

:yikes:

Cheating, stealing and threatening with bodily harm? :lmao:

*thinks*

4/30 Denver GA - General TM sale
5/7 Chicago GA - Traded 100 levels from U2.com presale for GAs
5/22 (?) NYC seats - Ebay for $40 over face
6/24 Dublin GA - U2.com presale!
6/25 Dublin seats - friend traded extra 6/24 pitch from U2.com presale...
6/27 Dublin seats - Ebay
9/16 Toronto GA - General TM sale
9/17 Toronto GA - General TM sale
9/20 Chicago GA - Broker
9/21 Chicago GA - Broker
10/22 Pittsburgh GA - Broker
10/24 Detroit GA - General TM sale
10/25 Detroit GA - General TM sale
11/19 Atlanta GA - Broker
12/10 Cleveland GA - ETS

maybe you can help me find 1 GA for 11/2 in Los Angeles :hmm:
All my tickets so far have ended up being from Ebay :( I got 1 ticket to 1 show on the pre-sale, but it was still directly across the stage.

and I have resorted to begging... no one to borrow or steal from at the moment... :shrug:

(I had to remove your smilies so mine might appear!)

First off, thanks so much to everyone for the kind words :hug:. I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief, utterly exhausted from this whirlwind trip, but more importantly, VERY GRATEFUL for what has happened again.

I was literally in NYC for a little over 24 hours, and thanks to Jet Blue, I got a free trip out of it. I wasn't planning on going to the show on the 14th, just to the 8th and 10th. (i flew back to California on the 11th). But because of technical malfunctions on my first trip to NYC, I got a free trip to NYC. And with a little coaxing from Ruffian, I booked a flight back to NYC just to see U2's 5th night at MSG.

So the story goes like this....I think....i'm trying to recollect all my thoughts...and they are a bit fuzzy but here goes (sorry it's a tad bit long)....

We land GA tickets at the last minute, and my ticket gets beeped for the ellipse. Ruffian and I are front row a little bit over to Bono's right. Our other friends get front row in front of Adam! We are soooo excited....5th night at MSG and front row in the ellipse! We dance like crazy girls. Fast forward to the encore. The First Time and SIAMYCGOO are played at the tip of the ellipse. After that, we hear the music of Fast Cars and Bono and Edge are coming back to the main stage. Fast Cars - woohoo - great song to dance to - and we go crazy.

Bono puts on his cowboy hat, flamenco dances with Edge, and about half way through the song, he comes over to me, looks at me, points at me...and I'm thinking, NO WAY. I want to make sure it's me, so i gesture to myself, and he shakes his head yes. I lift myself up over the rail; no security is there. I wait a second because i can't do this by myself. Then Murphy realizes that I'm about to go up, so he helps me on to the stage. All I want to do is look into Bono's eyes because he makes you feel so comfortable...and he has beautiful eyes too :flirt:. Although I'm no dancer by any means, I just try to dance. We dance around each other, I dance for him. And then, somehow, he ends up lying down. Whoa...I'm thinking Alli, please don't make a fool of yourself. Because a lot could go wrong. So he lies down, he takes his cowboy hat off and puts it on his chest, and then puts his hands behind his neck as if he'd taking a rest in the park or something and gives me the hugest grin. Alrighty...I give him this look like what do you want me to do????? Do you want me to dance around you, take your cowboy hat and dance in front of Adam, lie down next to you, the list could go on but I'm not going there. So I pick the best behaved choice and dance around him. Then I'm thinking, B - please get up now because I really would like to lie down on this stage with you. So I give him my hand, he grabs it, gets up and we dance around each other some more. Then he puts one hand out to his side as if he wants to slow dance. :combust: I oblige. Song is over. He kisses my hand and I give a kiss on his cheek. Then a hug...a really long hug...and that's when WOWY starts. I really thought that after the kiss on the cheek I was heading back into the audience. I couldn't believe he would keep me up there for another song. Oh man, it was intense. My body was shaking. I hold on tight, singing the words with him. Then he lets go of our embrace, and he looks at me, and i just stare at him mouthing the words. Bits of my hair were in my eyes, and he brushes them out of the way :faint:.
Then he pulls me closer into him, and he keeps staring at me, and I want to look away because it's a little nervewracking having B look at you like that. But I don't turn away. Then he is on his knees, wraps his hands around my waist and he rests his head on my stomach. And I stand there in complete awe of this man who inspires me with his music, his compassion, and his activism. Then he stands up, kisses my hand, and I walk down the stairs and back i go into the ellipse. As I'm stradling the railing, he asks me my name, and I say Alli but he can't hear. He asks again, and I say Alli a bit louder. I'm not sure if he heard. Some people say they heard him say Alli over the mic but still not quite sure. As i get back to my spot he waves goodbye to me. I about hyperventilate and Ruffian is there to give me the biggest hug. It really was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget. And I'm so happy I got to share it with some fellow Plebans and many other U2 fans I've met along the way. :hug:

I just want to say, I feel blessed and priviledged to have this opportunity again. I never in a million years would've thought this could happen to me. I hope more Plebans get a chance - you all deserve it! :heart:

btw, i know a couple of ppl who filmed and once i get them, i'll post. Also, if anyone has pics or videos of this, please please email them to me at allison_wong17 at yahoo.com. THANKS!!

Adelabella said:
Ancalagon, just wondering where you got that sexy scruffy Bono pic for your avatar. :drool:
Seriously, his sexiness is truly baffling sometimes.

Ok, all the time. ;)

It's from the picture disc of 'In A Lifetime'. I cleaned the scanned image up as best I could and turned it into a wallpaper, as well as an avatar. Enjoy! :)

Edit: Congratulations, Alli! What an experience! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom