Bono Undergoes Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is this girl, why is she giving him a cake and why is her underwear showing? :ohmy:

Good to see Bono that "fit" so shortly after surgery :up:

A few more, thanks to onekea :love:

bonolunchcardrivingfrance6-8-10.jpg

bonolunchcarfrance6-8-10.jpg

bonolunchfrance6-8-10.jpg

I think they very well can be orthopedic shoes, he's been wearing shoes like that for years. I like the sandals, I have a pair similar to them. They are comfy, especially on a hot day.

I think they very well can be orthopedic shoes, he's been wearing shoes like that for years. I like the sandals, I have a pair similar to them. They are comfy, especially on a hot day.

Me too, I have several pairs of similar looking sandals that I wear nearly all the time during the summer, when it's warm enough that is! :wink:

Still curious to know what he's got is the box, maybe some cakes or sweeties? :hmm: The writing on the box is probably the name of the shop he got it from!? :hmm:

Last year when the band appeared on the Chris Evans radio show and a caller asked them about the state of their hearing after years of playing loud rock music, do you think Bono lied when he said he got his hearing tested the year earlier and that he only lost the very top end of his hearing in his left ear or do you think he persuaded his doctor to “slide him through” and keep at a secret from him that his hearing was in grave danger? Do you think Edge was also being lied to when he said that any damage to their hearing is not significant? If someone never wanted to know the truth about the state of their health then they wouldn’t bother going to have a check up. If Bono didn’t want to know the truth than why would he bother to go to see a doctor in the first place. Do we go to cancer screening for the sheer joy of it all? Maybe we do. My last cervical cancer screening was on my birthday and there is nothing a girl wants more on her birthday than to be prodded with a sharp specula up her private’s. It’s not as if he cannot afford to seek a handful of talented doctors. There is not reason to suggest that he was backed into a corner.

Maybe if he spent as much time on his mobility as he visibly does on his veneers probably then this never had happened. I know you need to avoid tooth ache, have a reasonable bite because otherwise later on you could become prone to migranes and if you don’t brush your teeth you are at a higher risk from coronary heart disease but other than that straight teeth is just vanity, it’s not more important than your hearing, eyesight or your mobility. Although it’s not ideal they are millions of people who wear dentures and lead happy fulfilling lives. What would you do if you lost your eyesight, your hearing or the use of your legs?

Yeah I've been really worried about Bono getting pregnant and needing a c-section. Good thing that thread has calmed all our fears.

You’re the one is acting all melodramatic with posts such as “He is vulnerable” and “He nearly lost the ability to walk”. Reading some of yours and Benji’s posts is like watching an episode of Hollyoaks. I don’t need to watch the omnibus edition of this show later on today; I’ve got all the drama I need here. Maybe you and Benji could become scriptwriters for hospital drama Casualty. It could do with a lot of improvements because it’s dreadful, and I watch a lot of shit. The editing is confusing, the script is contrived and annoying and the acting is so dire that even I could do a better job. The only puls I would give it is that the theme tune is so damn catchy. I’d rather listen to a minute of it’s theme music than the rubbish current chart music that they play on the music channels.

You’re the one is acting all melodramatic with posts such as “He is vulnerable” and “He nearly lost the ability to walk”. Reading some of yours and Benji’s posts is like watching an episode of Hollyoaks. I don’t need to watch the omnibus edition of this show later on today; I’ve got all the drama I need here. Maybe you and Benji could become scriptwriters for hospital drama Casualty. It could do with a lot of improvements because it’s dreadful, and I watch a lot of shit. The editing is confusing, the script is contrived and annoying and the acting is so dire that even I could do a better job. The only puls I would give it is that the theme tune is so damn catchy. I’d rather listen to a minute of it’s theme music than the rubbish current chart music that they play on the music channels.

Seriously...? I think you'd find that bonocomet is one of the most level-headed posters here, and that she didn't raise undue alarms regarding his injury or surgery.

eta - the c-section post notwithstanding - I think we were all a little alarmed about that. :kiss: :wink:

Cacut Annie, with all respect, but your post doesn't make much sense. What does Bono's hearing have to do with his back? I'm sorry but I think the band just HAS TO HAVE regular medical checkups, especially when going on tour, because insurance is involved and they just demand that the band is in top form physically. Like athletes, I'm sure they get checked on a regular basis and Bono, knowing the back problem since at least the Elevation tour, has been in treatment ever since. I don't know why some people think he'd be too stupid or too lazy or whatever to have regular checkups and to do whatever he can to ease his physical problems. When he was having troubles with his voice after the PopMart tour he also went to a doctor and had a biopsy. I'm sure it wasn't such a great thing for him to even think about losing his voice because of a possible disease and he's been talking about that a lot. Assuming he avoids health checks is just ridiculous. Health is a very private issue and I don't think Bono needs to issue an official statment every time he goes and sees the doctor.

Your comment towards bomocoment is disrespectful. No one is being "melodramatic". I advise you to go and read the official statment from the doctors that was issued after Bono's surgery. Go to U2.com and read, it's still there. After reading it you'll know that paralysis was indeed an issue and Edge also said that Bono couln't walk, I'm sure they would not say such a thing if it wasn't true, they would not scare or worry fans like that, but apparently Bono's injury was very serious and when paralysis in involved, it's not funny at all. I'm sure he didn't have a great time discovering he couldn't move or even feel his leg properly.

...Bono, knowing the back problem since at least the Elevation tour, has been in treatment ever since. I don't know why some people think he'd be too stupid or too lazy or whatever to have regular checkups and to do whatever he can to ease his physical problems...Assuming he avoids health checks is just ridiculous. Health is a very private issue and I don't think Bono needs to issue an official statment every time he goes and sees the doctor.

Your comment towards bomocoment is disrespectful. No one is being "melodramatic". I advise you to go and read the official statment from the doctors that was issued after Bono's surgery. Go to U2.com and read, it's still there. After reading it you'll know that paralysis was indeed an issue and Edge also said that Bono couln't walk, I'm sure they would not say such a thing if it wasn't true, they would not scare or worry fans like that, but apparently Bono's injury was very serious and when paralysis in involved, it's not funny at all. I'm sure he didn't have a great time discovering he couldn't move or even feel his leg properly.

Totally. :up: Bono would be checked regularly by doctors each tour, in order to get insurance for the tour - there's no other way to go about it, tour insurance is a must, and the health of the tour member must pass their examination.

Back problems are SO routine. So many people have them (including yours truly)...this would not be a reason to exclude him from tour insurance.

I suspect what has happened is that between last leg of the tour and up till the surgery time, something has happened to make what was a chronic condition worse. Thankfully, he was diagnosed and treated (by surgery) right away.

But the thing is, many, many people are in the same boat as him - severe sciatica pain with numbness of the limbs...even paralysis, who have to wait for surgery. And they're fine. No reason to think he won't be, either.

He's past the scariest part...the diagnosis and surgery. If he does what the doctor's orders now (and there's no reason to believe he won't - he wants to get back onstage as much as anyone else wants him to), he'll be as good as new. Better, even. :)

Health is a very private issue and I don't think Bono needs to issue an official statment every time he goes and sees the doctor.

I agree with tis post.

All this speculating is silly because not even a doctor would be 100% sure of what was going on between him and Dr Muller. In the past when Larry talked about something concerning an injury with his arms, he mentioned that he had calf's blood injected into him. How do we know what it really was? This was a jovial moment and his health is a private issue. How do we know that Adam may have had to have piles surgically removed from his buttocks. I bet other celebrities have back surgeries all the time. It's no bigy. So I don't understand why all this fuss. What about Bret Michaels suffering a minor stroke on the same day? Isn't that more serious?

That's because I was meant to make it towards you and I'm sorry. Why are you always negative towards me. I just find some of your posts rather negative. People have injuries all the time. People develop cataracts all the time which could lead to blindness if they aren't treated. Isn't that serious? I'm sure loads of celebrities have cataracts removed. A burst apendice can mean death. Isn't that serious? I'm sure loads of celebrities feel an intense pain meaning that their appendice needs to be removed asap. My point is that the pain that Bono was experiencing was so intense that he couldn't just ignore it, therefore he was always going to be treated. Thus meaning paralysis was unlikely. If someone you know had to have a suspicious mole removed but after being checked over everything was fine would you treat them as though they had been gone through a death sentence?

Totally. :up: Bono would be checked regularly by doctors each tour, in order to get insurance for the tour - there's no other way to go about it, tour insurance is a must, and the health of the tour member must pass their examination.

Back problems are SO routine. So many people have them (including yours truly)...this would not be a reason to exclude him from tour insurance.

I suspect what has happened is that between last leg of the tour and up till the surgery time, something has happened to make what was a chronic condition worse. Thankfully, he was diagnosed and treated (by surgery) right away.

But the thing is, many, many people are in the same boat as him - severe sciatica pain with numbness of the limbs...even paralysis, who have to wait for surgery. And they're fine. No reason to think he won't be, either.

He's past the scariest part...the diagnosis and surgery. If he does what the doctor's orders now (and there's no reason to believe he won't - he wants to get back onstage as much as anyone else wants him to), he'll be as good as new. Better, even. :)

Well said Vintage! :applaud:

Wow for a minute there I was like What??! Quoting me with things I never said! :ohmy: But I see that it was an error. Okay.

Back
Top Bottom