Bono On The Daily Show - 11.30.11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yes, now that's what I was going to say.

You're wrong about calling me a mentally lost cause. I was signed of therapy months ago. I'm not on the pills anymore.

My down days probably eased, and this week, and even today in fact, I haven't felt this good in years. Unfortunately as always a high leads to irritation and impatience. But I'm much better at dealing with the highs and lows.

This time last year I was physically and emotionally exhausted. I used to lay in bed all day with absolutely no motivation even get dressed or eat anything. Not anymore. My mind has stopped raising and I feel the pressure when I speak has ceased.

I no longer feel threatened by the menacing statue in the town centre anymore either.

Honestly, annoying alters are fine and dandy until they consistently derail threads with moronic gibberish. :huh: And if it ain't an alter, well, I just don't see the point in making valid discussion in some threads and then being completely daft in others.

It's.. not an alter Utoo. That's the disturbing part. At least as far as I know.

In short leave me alone and stop calling me a moron. Okay you're the most intelligent and perfect person in the world. I get it.

I remember what I was going to say. Although I don't find Bono hugely annoying like some celebrities, but when I come across these interviews when he makes these self depreciating jokes, I don't know whether he's for real or he's just joking. Case and point: the Q Magazine interview when he said the album of AB covers was better than the original.

In this particular interview I question whether or not he was serious about sexual dysfunction :lol:

I'm sorry? I asked Galeongirl to stop making such spiteful comments everytime I come on here and then you call me a moron? That's not being very kind is it?

All I'm saying is that Bono must be a numpty if he thought acupuncture was the answer to all his back problems. When U2 went back on tour this year Bono announced that he'd have no more back problems. I read it on the BBC teletext page. I dare the next interviewer to ask him why didn't you do it sooner?

No I reckon the medical procedure at the health clinic was always meant to occur last tear so that the band could reschedule the tour and Glastonbury to coincide with the re-release of AB. No one will convince me otherwise. Never

I was talking about the surgery. There would be no complications from the injury because he had the surgery.

In short leave me alone and stop calling me a moron. Okay you're the most intelligent and perfect person in the world. I get it.

I remember what I was going to say. Although I don't find Bono hugely annoying like some celebrities, but when I come across these interviews when he makes these self depreciating jokes, I don't know whether he's for real or he's just joking. Case and point: the Q Magazine interview when he said the album of AB covers was better than the original.

In this particular interview I question whether or not he was serious about sexual dysfunction :lol:

The phrase you're looking for is "case in point". :)

I'm sorry? I asked Galeongirl to stop making such spiteful comments everytime I come on here and then you call me a moron? That's not being very kind is it?

All I'm saying is that Bono must be a numpty if he thought acupuncture was the answer to all his back problems. When U2 went back on tour this year Bono announced that he'd have no more back problems. I read it on the BBC teletext page. I dare the next interviewer to ask him why didn't you do it sooner?

No I reckon the medical procedure at the health clinic was always meant to occur last tear so that the band could reschedule the tour and Glastonbury to coincide with the re-release of AB. No one will convince me otherwise. Never

I was talking about the surgery. There would be no complications from the injury because he had the surgery.

My kitchen table told me that his surgery had nothing to do with his back. It was all a cover up for new hair plugs. I mean, his hair is so fluffy and full....

He didn't call you a moron. He was talking about your argument, and yes, there is a difference.

But since no one will convince you that your conspiracy theory is incorrect, then can we hope you'll just stop bringing it up?

I think arguments like this are a time when possibly just choosing to not say anything and move on is a potentially good option.

Cactus Annie: B-man had a bad back for a very long time, but then the disc ruptured, and it suddenly became a medical emergency - there is no conspiracy, don't worry...

a bad back is something you can live with for many years until an event occurs which has grave complications and requires IMMEDIATE action

Cactus Annie: B-man had a bad back for a very long time, but then the disc ruptured, and it suddenly became a medical emergency - there is no conspiracy, don't worry...

a bad back is something you can live with for many years until an event occurs which has grave complications and requires IMMEDIATE action

Exactly :up:. No it isn't a conspiracy theory because all conspiracies are usually profound (death of Princess Diana, were the moon landings faked,etc, etc). This is exactly my point. Coincidently, a friend of mine also had to undergo a medical procedure at exactly the same time as Bono for her back. Her condition was much much more serious than Bono's because when she was a child she suffered (and survived) from polio. However, did her story make all the newspapers? No but Bono's did. Did she make the mainstream news? Nope, but Bono did. Did she have thousands of people talking about her on forums such as this one? Nope.

If she had waited and waited it would have done her no good. Bono waited and really should have done it sooner.

Exactly :up:. No it isn't a conspiracy theory because all conspiracies are usually profound (death of Princess Diana, were the moon landings faked,etc, etc). This is exactly my point.

oh.

i thought the point you were trying to make was that it WAS a conspiracy theory?

Bono waited and really should have done it sooner.

nothing could be done sooner because it hadn't happened yet ffs

Oh no, I can't believe this conversation about Bono's injury is still going on :uhoh:

Seriously, I'm pretty sure Bono tried to do whatever possible to help with his back problems, but I'm also sure that the surgery was caused by an emergency that required immediate operative measures. Bono has talked about the situation he was in many times. People with bad backs don't automatically go to surgery, in Bono's case it was inevitable. That wasn't something that was going on for years but an emergency that caused him to have surgery within days. Seriously, what's so difficult to understand about that?

Millions of people live with back problems, I'm one of them. Only a small amount get surgery because most of the time it doesn't help much and/or the risks are too high. Back problems are usually treated with conservative therapies, in many cases there isn't much that can be done with surgery. I suffer from a disc problem in my neck and it causes my right arm, hand and fingers to feel numb. I have pain and can't work for more than an hour without having to get up and do gymnastics. It's the years and years of working on the computer, working with the mouse, sitting and sleeping on my belly which caused the problems. Gymnastics, massages, warmth, physical therapy, and sometimes medication makes it better. I had to have injections, but most of the time other treatments help. There are months where I don't feel anything, but it's getting worse with coldness and humidity, so fall and winter is the worst time. Unfortunately, the problems have traveled "downwards" and parts of my lower back are also affected now, causing troubles with my left leg. There's pain and numbness and sometimes I can't properly move the leg. I'm a very active person and knowing what kind of movements you should and shouldn't do really helps. Sitting around is the worst thing and stress makes it worse.

So I'm pretty sure people like Bono - apart from the fact that he's been having back problems for many years and I'm sure his been much much wore than mine - has done everything possible to help with his condition. He's under so much stress and pressure, so it's logical that his condition has gotten worse over the years. If there was a way for him to have surgery to "fix" is, I'm certain he would have done it, but surgery usually doesn't "fix" these problems and is no guarantee that they don't come back or get worse again. It's a tricky medical issue but so so many people suffer from these troubles and most of them don't have surgery, so Bono is not the big exception.

I don't think there's much need to discuss this issue any further. The man has shitloads of money, so I'm pretty sure he can afford every doctor and every kind of therapy there is.

i know, i give up... i was just trying to bring a bit of common sense to the subject but it's making me a bit cranky now and my patience is wearing thin lol

Cactus Annie said:
No I reckon the medical procedure at the health clinic was always meant to occur last tear so that the band could reschedule the tour and Glastonbury to coincide with the re-release of AB. No one will convince me otherwise. Never.

Thats the worst statement i think ive ever heard lol

Why would they do all that for a reissue that nobody in the world cares about apart from hardcore u2 fans.notice i said hardcore most fair weather fans wouldnt give a toss.

Theres no finanical gain or any gain at all in them doing glastonbury at the time of the re issue also i think you need to check your calender glastonbury was back in june, achtung baby came out in decemer,glastonbury was long forgotten by the time it came out.

Did you see the sales and the chart standings for the re issue they were awful like i said only hardcore fans care about reissues.

do you not think it would of been better doing it the year before when they actually had a new album to promote? That actually needed promoting badly in the uk as the album floped massively.

Cactus Annie said:
Exactly :up:. No it isn't a conspiracy theory because all conspiracies are usually profound (death of Princess Diana, were the moon landings faked,etc, etc). This is exactly my point.

You bolded the wrong part. Bono's disc ruptured, which caused the sudden medical emergency.

Coincidently, a friend of mine also had to undergo a medical procedure at exactly the same time as Bono for her back. Her condition was much much more serious than Bono's because when she was a child she suffered (and survived) from polio. However, did her story make all the newspapers? No but Bono's did. Did she make the mainstream news? Nope, but Bono did. Did she have thousands of people talking about her on forums such as this one? Nope.

Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me that a famous person makes the news more than someone who isn't famous???

I wish Bono would rob a bank. :rockon:

While singing Acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom