Bono on guitar...fave moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ending of Kite on the Boston DVD is very nice. The repeat of the "summer" verse is lovely when played acoustic like that. :drool:

I like his energy on "Exit" from Rattle and Hum. The little riff he plays on Running to stand still from Chicago DVD is pretty, if rudementary. He can play guitar better than most think.

LemonMelon said:
The ending of Kite on the Boston DVD is very nice. The repeat of the "summer" verse is lovely when played acoustic like that. :drool:

Dancing Barefoot, someone told me Bono is in fact playing the solo on it! :drool:

If that's not the case then maybe All I Want Is You from Vertigo Buenos Aires 2nd Night or Slow Dancing.
His playing on "We Almost Made It This Time" is quite good too.

Greetings Interferencers! Long time lurker, first time poster! I am borderline U2 obsessed and love the boys with all my heart and soul and decided I would finally register for this beautiful feedback message board (which I've been lurking on with regularity since HTDAAB leaked in '04)...I figured that a topic on Bono's guitar playing is as good a place to start as any.

It's not really a moment for me but when I think of the B-man and guitar I think of this quote "I always wanted to play guitar very badly and I do play guitar very badly"

Always thought that was hilarious. I'm a beginning guitar player myself and it's just such a great quote. As for actually playing I agree with the above poster who said Bono is better at guitar than most think. If you watch the Rattle and Hum outtake video of Bono and Edge working out the chords to "Shes gonna blow your house down" on Youtube you can see that Bono can hold his own with a six string.

I love you all,
Peace and Love
Rory

My fave moment is the few chords he strikes at the end of With or Without You on the R & H Video. Its imperfectly perfect.

bonoriff0ww.gif

:drool:

I like his rhythm guitar on The Fly from the Vertigo tour. He actually plays the notes.................correctly. :lol:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Uh.. Staring At The Sun PopMart anyone???

He does that sweet little accoustic intro - almost spanish sounding :drool:

this is one of the occasions where i think he is only pretending to be playing.

My fav Bonotar moment?

Well, whenever it's actually turned on.

Or is that whenever it's turned off? :ohmy:

I'd still like to know whether Bono played the solo on Dancing Barefoot. I heard/read an Edge or Adam quote to that effect also, but i thought maybe they were joking.

If it is indeed Bono, well...i'd be impressed.

"They won't let me play guitar...for some very good reasons"

Bono, at the beginning of WOWY as a roadie takes away his badly-out-of-tune guitar.

Chicago 9/21/05

The chords he strums at the 'She runs through the streets...' part of RTSS. As seen on R&H. The man has passion, that you can't argue.

Last Night on Earth is a great moment...either on guitar or on air guitar...but a great moment nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom