Bono is a little too monogamous for my taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

:hmm:

santa, allison, chizip or gabriel vox

which one is headache's baby daddy

Forget about the paternity test! What have these folks got to offer?

Santa: toys forever
Allison: martinis forever

Gabe, Chizip, what've you got?

BonosBaby12 said:

Won't swear to it but I think she is part of Interference.

Yes, I do in fact post on this board and at least three of these posts warrant a response. This whole thing has gotten out of control. The level of disrespect is simply shocking and the personal attacks are not only unnecessary but they are inappropriate. I find it very interesting that so many people are commenting on the cattiness that has evolved as a result of fans, in particular girls, getting pulled on stage while at the same time many of these people are behaving in the manner they are criticizing.

Starting with zoney! who began this thread. You should not believe everything you read/hear. All of these stories are one sided, if not completely false. I do not know whether I know you are not but either way you are not entitled to judge. You clearly have some kind of personal issue with me and it would have been more appropriate to take it up with me in private manner rather than resort to personal attacks in a public forum. However, as this has been aired publicly, I am going to clear up a couple things. In Chicago, I was there with *Ally* and we were 5 and 6 in line. We waited all night and slept in our car. I believe Chizip was running the line that day as he graciously offered to give *Ally* and I his lottery win if it happened. I did not cut and anything unforgettable fire says to the contrary is untrue. As for Detroit, I go to school in Ann Arbor. My friend and I drove out the night before the show, we got there at 3:30AM, spent the night in the parking lot of the Post Bar across the street from the venue with the rest of the GA line. I had one class I had to attend, I told this to the people in line including those running it, and they said it was fine for me to go. When my friend and I returned, the people in line let us back into our spots. However, one person in the line, who I will not name, apparently changed their mind and instead of talking to us about it, told security we were cutting. Despite the fact that many people in line did speak up for us, security sent us to the back. We had a friend who was coming late that night; so chose to wait for her before going in the venue. She won the lottery; so we were roaming in the ellipse that night. For Cleveland, my friend from law school and I came without tickets. We got there the night before and spent the day freezing like everyone else in the GA and ticket drop line. Unforgettable fire would have seen us had she spent anytime in the GA line between 5:00AM and 5:30 PM. This was pointed out to her by other people in line. We had friends who were about 10 people in front of us before the line was split into GA and fan club lines. We asked the people in front of us if we could walk in with our friends (a request I have always granted when asked of me). Everyone but unforgettable fire was fine with it. When the lines split, my friends and I were no longer in the same line as unforgettable fire and the people in between us had no objection to us walking in together. We were a group of 5 and 2 of my friends won the lottery. In Salt Lake, I was there with a large group all of whom had arrived either in the morning or the afternoon. I was the only one with an evening flight. My friends signed up on the list around the time that my flight was supposed to land and they were permitted by the people running the list to write me down. This is completely at the discretion of whoever is running the list. Anyway, if you feel like continuing your attempt at character assassination, enjoy. I hope it makes you feel like a bigger person.

As for unforgettable fire, I am not even sure where to start with you. First, you know as well as I do that I did not cut you and you know as well as I do that you were the one who got your number and left all night and all day. I never stated or implied that I have any status beyond that of any other fan in line. I simply told you that my friends and I would like to walk in together. Yes, this should be about the music. It still is for me whether I am inside rail, outside rail, back of the ellipse, by the soundboard, behind the stage, second level seats, or up in rafters (all places I have been on this tour). I know what you are insinuating with this post and it is not appreciated. The “I am a better fan than you because I have been into them longer” is crap and is not even an argument that should be entertained. There is no scam going on with the lottery. It is simply a matter of numbers and paying attention. Finally, as far as credentials – looks, age, education etc. - that is a ridiculous argument and one I am not going to get into with you except to say it is a perfect illustration of the cattiness that has become so prevalent on this site.

Jilly, as much is said by what you did not post as what you did. It is very convenient that you chose leave out the following
1) When the line was split, my friends and I helped you and sister out by letting you know that you only needed one membership card for the fan club line. I would say this worked out well for you considering it moved you almost to the front of the fan club line and you were one of the first people in the ellipse.
2) That evening at the ets party you asked me how the ets raffle worked. I explained it to you and encouraged you and your sister to stay for the raffle. You won the first raffle.
3) The person you made room for is a very good friend of mine. We were staying in SLC in the same hotel and were next to each other in the non-fan club line. She was late getting back to the line from ets; so she missed the opening of doors. When she got inside, she told me that she had decided just to roam the back of the ellipse. Any looks you got in your direction had nothing to do with a spot on the rail and everything to do with the fact we knew that you and your sister were talking about us.
4) You did come talk to me in line but it was the decision of the guy running the line to not cross me off the list when my flight was late. You should know that people who run the line often allow a group to write down the name of someone who will be a little late. In fact, you allowed it when you ran one of the New York lines in October and asked people to allow it when you brought your mother to the show in Phoenix (which they did).
5) The 11 year old was there with her mother and they chose to stand behind us because they wanted to be near us. We had made friends with them while in line. There was plenty of rail left when they came in the ellipse and they chose not to take it.
6) Despite how you have chosen to depict me, you know I defended you in New York after you were being heavily criticized for your and your sister’s behavior when you were on stage for WOWY. I was happy for you then and I did not like what was being said about you. Apparently, you are not capable of extending the same level of courtesy or consideration.
As a last comment, it is too bad the way many people have become, but it is hypocritical of you to say this immediately after bragging about your sister’s experience.

Iluvbeerandu2, you should take a look at my post in PLEBA and try understanding a situation before passing judgment. My comment and my smile were in regards to one of the few good things that happened on a day where I spent a majority of my time making police reports and searching local trashcans in hopes that the thief who stole my backpack with my tickets had discarded my law school books and personal effects because they were of no value to him. Yes, I was rail that night in New York and I was there legitimately as I have been every single time I have been rail this tour. I do not appreciate what you are insinuating nor is it fair how you are labeling me. Apparently I am only there to get attention from the band which is rather difficult when you spend a significant number of shows in seats, at the soundboard, outside the ellipse, or in the back of the ellipse. But of course you never bothered to ask; so why would you know that I was one of these places for a majority of the shows I went to. As to the rest of your argument, I will wear what I damn well please and you can swear all you want but you do not know me or my friends or anything that was going on in those situations.

Back to general comments – this whole series of threads from news articles, to multiple dances, to the lottery and who is in the ellipse all stem from an ugly place. Does it seem right that the second if not the first thing said to me by friends and even acquaintances after SLC is you are going to be torched online for this? Does it seem right that the entire tour passes with not a word said about the girl in the santa costume, but as soon as she is on stage she becomes a target? I, for one, miss the time when these boards were pleasant places to visit. If any of you (zoney!, jilly, iluvbeerandu2) want to continue this, feel free to PM me or email me at harlequinn16@yahoo.com and I will respond.

Harlequinn said:

As for Detroit, I go to school in Ann Arbor. My friend and I drove out the night before the show, we got there at 3:30AM, spent the night in the parking lot of the Post Bar across the street from the venue with the rest of the GA line. I had one class I had to attend, I told this to the people in line including those running it, and they said it was fine for me to go. When my friend and I returned, the people in line let us back into our spots. However, one person in the line, who I will not name, apparently changed their mind and instead of talking to us about it, told security we were cutting. Despite the fact that many people in line did speak up for us, security sent us to the back.

I know that there is absolutely no mention of my name in there and I am not sure if you are making reference to me, but since long ago it got back to me through the grapevine :happy: (love internet gossip) that the rumor was that I had taken care of that and kicked you guys out of line (out of jealousy!!11), I just want to state that I had nothing to do with that and there are people that can confirm that. Did I vouch for you guys? Hell no. As a matter of fact I believe I looked forward and minded my business. But then again, no one had informed me (the official line enforcer!!!11) that you guys would have been gone for that long and for what reason.

Yes I did talk to the head of security a bit. Mostly to clarify concerns that people around me had, info which I relayed back to the line and then we were talking about how the last time we had seen each other was when he he was a doorman at a strip club and he let me and my friends in for free. Don't ask :lol: I didnt talk to any of the other security guys and I believe the dude I was talking with wasnt even present when you were informed by some other security guard that "he didn't know who you were and he had not seen you all day"

Last edited:
am i the only one that has no idea what is going on in here?

:happy:

i dont know who any of these people are....who is dvd girl or whatever?

:happy:

i know nothinggggggggggggggg

:angry:

i know all :drool:

one thing i can vouch for is Khelia and Ally didn't do anything shady when I was helping run the line in Chicago

i just want to know whos coughing up the cash for headaches baby.thats the only answer ive come for in this thread, my moneys on allison, but thats just me. santa is a close second.

MK -

Harlequinn = Khelia = DVD girl = the now famous one = 4(?) times on stage this tour

I was one of the first 4 people in line in Cleveland - and so things may have changed after we were let in the building - but as of the moment that we were allowed in, the line was not split. Yes, there were 2 signs above the entrance, but security did not have the line seperated.

Last edited:
Ok, I've read the whole thread (even post once) and I'm confused.

My question:

I always thought the term was "butting" into line (as in how a goat butts people, or as in how people shove in to tight spots using their ass ;) ), not "budding" into line. Budding in makse me think of a flower, and that just doesn't quite fit.

So which is it?

(or should it just be called "cutting"? )

indra said:
Ok, I've read the whole thread (even post once) and I'm confused.

My question:

I always thought the term was "butting" into line (as in how a goat butts people, or as in how people shove in to tight spots using their ass ;) ), not "budding" into line. Budding in makse me think of a flower, and that just doesn't quite fit.

So which is it?

(or should it just be called "cutting"? )

I think they meant buddy-ing... meaning the phenomenon where one or two make an appearance and come 5:00 PM there's a larger number of people in that spot that no one seems to remember being in line at all :happy:

Miroslava said:

I think they meant buddy-ing... meaning the phenomenon where one or two make an appearance and come 5:00 PM there's a larger number of people in that spot that no one seems to remember being in line at all :happy:

:drool:

U2Man said:
Does anybody want a kiss?

I am not sure about your doggie, but some of them can have pretty questionnable breath... so I'll get back to you on that one :happy:

Miroslava said:

That makes sense. Although after being out in line all day the goat thing does too...on several levels. :D

I think they need to make numbered photo id bracelets for the GA line in the future. A different colour for each show. And maybe a fingerprint too. And a sign in sheet. If you don't match, you get booted to the back. :)

And wouldn't it be cool if they would send out someone to scout the arena during the show and pick a person to go up on stage -- maybe even someone from the stands. That way absolutely anyone in the arena would have a chance to be up there, not just a few at the very front. ....actually if I was going to a show I would prefer that they just play the show and not have anyone up there, but I'm cranky that way.

Last edited:
I think now that this tour/leg is over everyone is getting cranky with nothing more to look forward to or celebrate. Jeez, its the holidays for Christ's sake and we've just collectively enjoyed a once in a lifetime experience.

Let it go............

Give thanks.......

StlElevation said:
i just want to know whos coughing up the cash for headaches baby.thats the only answer ive come for in this thread, my moneys on allison, but thats just me. santa is a close second.

your all wrong... joe o'herlihy is my baby daddy

DSCF1738.JPG

:love::love::love:

see? he's touching my ass

Harlequinn said:

Back to general comments – this whole series of threads from news articles, to multiple dances, to the lottery and who is in the ellipse all stem from an ugly place. Does it seem right that the second if not the first thing said to me by friends and even acquaintances after SLC is you are going to be torched online for this? Does it seem right that the entire tour passes with not a word said about the girl in the santa costume, but as soon as she is on stage she becomes a target? I, for one, miss the time when these boards were pleasant places to visit.

It's obviously unfair that some people are resorting to personal attacks, but after you were pulled up again in SLC, you do have to expect a certain amount of flack. Dancing with Bono 4 times over the course of a tour is no small deal! lol. I know that if I were in your shoes, I'd have to be prepared for some sort of backlash. I know it's unpleasant, but that's just the way it is, unfortunately. :(

I mean, I'm sure you would understand if it was the other way around. (Obviously, you're not the only one he's pulled up multiple times). I'm still wondering if it's because Bono recognizes you and knows you'll be calm about the whole thing. :hmm:

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble. I think the general gist of this thread is that Bono needs to make this gimmick a little more unexpected and special, because unfortunately it's become tiring to some people (especially if he's pulling up the same girls). For example, maybe next time, if Bono goes to pull you up again, perhaps you can point to another fan and share the love, you know? I think people just want other fans to get the chance if Bono decides to dance with someone, if he continues to do it at all (and I'm sure he will lol).

turi001 said:

all i know is that there were a bunch of girls line budding in boston. its really sad...and i think some of u may be here....i have no idea what your names are?

and thats a fact and has nothing to do with scanning.

( i could careless how u get in the elipse)

i was not in boston, and have no idea what happened there.

BONO DOES NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING. IT DOES NOT STATE ANYWHERE ON YOUR TICKET THAT YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO DANCE WITH BONO. IF HE WANTS TO PULL UP THE SAME PERSON 69 TIMES, SO BE IT. THAT IS NOT THAT PERSON'S FAULT. STOP THIS IDIOTIC BITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i'm done now... had to get that out

Last edited:
forty said:

For example, maybe next time, if Bono goes to pull you up again, perhaps you can point to another fan and share the love, you know? I think people just want other fans to get the chance if Bono decides to dance with someone, if he continues to do it at all (and I'm sure he will lol).

As great as that is in theory, it is pretty hard to do. :lol: In Cleveland, after reacing my hadn out in a knee jerk reaction I had enough brain capacity left to think "no, he cannot be coming for you, pull your hand back NOW let someone else get it". So I did, allowing the hands of my friends to be in front of me (and possibly even taking a bit of a step back, not sure). He kept pointing at me. After he didnt budge I pointed at myself. He nodded. I pointed at the stage. He nodded. And that was that. So I tried but did get short of pointing at someone else. :shrug: To a point, it would also be kind of rude to do that, no? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom