Bono is a little too monogamous for my taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoney dude, I was towards the back in Detroit. Never saw any of those chicks at the back of the line. Whether or not they stay out, they always end up at the front of the line, in the ellipse and more times than not on the rail. Like I said, don’t get me started on that. If you thought my first post was something, just get me started on that issue. Miroslava, I’m sorry this is only coming out now. If I wasn’t so busy having a life and attending U2 concerts I would have posted these autrocities a long time ago. As far as saying this to their face, I did say this to them. When all their friends come out of the woodworks to say no stay there, it’s hard to get them to the back of the line. They just stand there like they should be there, everyone is my friend and no one is going to tell us to go to the back of the line. If I knew this was here before I would have posted a long time ago. I also suffer from the say disease of having a big fat mouth. Just because this is coming out now, does it make it any less untrue?

You want specific examples? Let me give you one I heard myself. Boston. I haven’t seen these chicks all night. Didn’t even know they coming to the concert until 6am. These chicks weren’t in line at all. I heard one conversation, some girl came over and asked one of the girls in the group of “regulars” about how last night went. I heard this myself “oh I didn’t stay out. It was too cold.” She said it loud enough for the people in her immediate surroundings to hear. Well imagine that. she was at the front of the line and on the rail in the ellipse. Saw her talking to short security dude that night again. Im not being supersecretive I just don’t know anyone’s name. I don’t do the internet chat thing like you people, but I’ll be here a lot more often. Sorry, I would definitely call them out. I want to hear how I misheard that conversation.

Those girls don’t do anything special to get his attention? Come on now. I think Bono is like most red-blooded men. Skin boobs and girating dancing is enough to get my attention and his. I like it. I love it a lot. Men dig that type of stuff. Please girls. Wear less clothes the men in the audience love it a lot. I don’t give a shit who dances onstage. I thought this was the right place to post your stories and discuss it.

It is really sad that it has come to this... I agree with alot of what's been said here... And in the end, i think there are two reasons why all this drama is occuring...

1) This "random" ellipse system... It was completely unnecessary and caused nothing but problems... and a lot of hurt feelings... I don't remember any of this kind of drama on the Elevation Tour... they should have never changed the system.... And their "official" reason for doing so is completely hypocritical.... As we all know Bono can't be sick of the same faces, cuz he keeps rewarding them....

2) Bono likes boobies! He's a man. He just can't seem to get enough attention from the ladies... So, as much as i'd like him to stop all this dancing girl stuff, cuz it's become completely predictable.... I highly doubt he will, because he needs the attention... He's been doing it for years... I don't think he's gonna stop now... But in the end, he is a big part to blame for all this controversy... But he's Bono... we love him.... We know he likes his dancing girls...

I think the real culprit here is the "random" ellipse system that made some fans feel like they weren't as important as others.... i know there is a thread for this topic too... but i think all of this drama comes back to this stupid decision to change the GA rules...

yeah, either that or some people who post have nothing better to do at shows than eavesdrop and try to piece together fictions out of what they think they hear and see :rolleyes:

i do think that those who think the "novelty" has worn off with dancing girls need to remember that not everyone goes to multiple shows, so it *is* novel for the majority of people.

I agree that the lottery has created bad feelings all the way around. Good point.

corianderstem said:

Must not have worked, since they stayed there the whole time ... I was keeping my eye out for U2 staff as well, but had no luck.

I saw you and thought, "Huh, I wonder if that's Gabrielvox," but was overcome by a bit of shyness and didn't say anything, just in case it wasn't you.

I was the girl standing next to them in the turquoise shirt. So, uh, hi!

:wink:

Yup, so much for my cheating methods lol

You were too shy??? Gah! Im usually the one who has a hard time approaching people I don't know.

Well hi now! :)

and a belated :hug:

i could care less who bono pulls up on stage or how many times he pulls up the same person...having witnessed my freinds getting on stage this year i know its not fixed.

as for the line budders.

a group of girls never waited outside all nite...2 girls showed up at 11 pm the nite before threw down some blankets and i never saw them again till morning. with a gorup of 5 or 6...they were behind our group so i never said anything..

same thing second nite...but this time they were in front of me...but i was in such a good mood i couldm't careless.

but oh well, they r selfish. u2 karma baby!!!

i also heard the same group tried to bud in portland...i wasn't there so i really can't say.

turi001 said:
i could care less who bono pulls up on stage or how many times he pulls up the same person...having witnessed my freinds getting on stage this year i know its not fixed.

as for the line budders.

a group of girls never waited outside all nite...2 girls showed up at 11 pm the nite before threw down some blankets and i never saw them again till morning. with a gorup of 5 or 6...they were behind our group so i never said anything..

same thing second nite...but this time they were in front of me...but i was in such a good mood i couldm't careless.

but oh well, they r selfish. u2 karma baby!!!

i also heard the same group tried to bud in portland...i wasn't there so i really can't say.

this was boston in december

*Ally* said:
i don't have time to respond to this in depth right now, because i am very busy at work. but i will say a couple of things.

first, i find it quite ironic that people who are criticizing the "dancing girls" for being catty and rude are acting in the SAME EXACT MANNER in this thread.

remember, people, there are 2 sides to every story. as an example, i am reminded of the Boston Flag Ship, where someone alleged that you all cheated into the ellipse (by speaking to Allison and saying "we're all in")- you claim that was an misinterpretation of events and not true. well, the same exact thing is going on here- people posting what they THINK they saw and heard. i find it ironic that the very same Boston Flag Ship people who claimed OTHERS were saying untrue things about them are now jumping in to support the same type of unproven allegations against another person. completley hypocritical.

i was not at most of the shows being discussed. but i do know for a fact that the 'now famous one' did NOT cut in line or cheat at the Chicago shows. Ask Chip- he was running the line. i got there with her the day before the show- we were 5 and 6 in line (or 4 and 5, i can't remember). we stayed out all night, slept in our car. left for a couple of hours to shower, and then were back at the venue. whoever claimed the famous one tried to cut is LYING.

Edited to add: there are a few people that i've met on this tour, and on Elevation, who i've had bad experiences with and could write nasty things about. however, i think blasting someone on a public forum like that is rude, petty and immature. i was taught that if i didn't have anything nice to say about someone, i shouldn't say anything at all. seems other people were not raised the same way.

it is unfair and mean to single out a particular person like this. i sincerely hope that it does not continue.

all i know is that there were a bunch of girls line budding in boston. its really sad...and i think some of u may be here....i have no idea what your names are?

and thats a fact and has nothing to do with scanning.

( i could careless how u get in the elipse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom