Bono in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alexbigboss said:
thank you
He signs to me a picture of the joshua tree collector's box (bono in frontof joshua tree)
I just say "hello, thank you, can I have... one... Can you make a picture", I was stressed :D
And I forget asking question, sorry, like I said I was stressed
(sorry for my english, I just learn it in school)

edit : like I said too, I'm looking for others pictures of me :)

Cool! :up: :)

alexbigboss said:
thank you
He signs to me a picture of the joshua tree collector's box (bono in frontof joshua tree)
I just say "hello, thank you, can I have... one... Can you make a picture", I was stressed :D

Be careful what you ask for...he'll 'make' you a picture allrighty, he loves making pictures! :giggle:

Welcome :)

Bono is fond of graffiti-ising pictures of himself. He likes to draw on glasses and such. He can be pretty humourous about it.

I remember outside the hotel during the PopMart tour. One guy had one of those PopMart DJ recrod bags that they sold at the shows. The fan said: "Bono, can you sign my bag". Bono took the bag and wrote "My Bag" - Bono 97.

After one of the Vertigo tour rehearsals'. I asked Bono to sign CD. I'd brought my Best of 1990-2000. He looked at the cover and said: "How do you spell buffalo"? I spelled it for him and he signed it "Buffalo Bono".

alexbigboss said:

holly crap! this is me! me! me!
I was there, I will remember all my life :D
someone have others pictures of me?
thx :)

Hi ALEX!!! So glad I found that pic of you and Bono meeting... I also found this one too...I'll try and get it larger....

Jesus Girl

16124736.jpg

Edge_Orchestra said:
Bono is fond of graffiti-ising pictures of himself. He likes to draw on glasses and such. He can be pretty humourous about it.

I remember outside the hotel during the PopMart tour. One guy had one of those PopMart DJ recrod bags that they sold at the shows. The fan said: "Bono, can you sign my bag". Bono took the bag and wrote "My Bag" - Bono 97.

After one of the Vertigo tour rehearsals'. I asked Bono to sign CD. I'd brought my Best of 1990-2000. He looked at the cover and said: "How do you spell buffalo"? I spelled it for him and he signed it "Buffalo Bono".

:lol:

So cute!

u2jesusgirl said:

Hi ALEX!!! So glad I found that pic of you and Bono meeting... I also found this one too...I'll try and get it larger....

Jesus Girl

16124736.jpg

thank you!!!!
there's my signature
p1080056nk0.jpg

he only signed me!

Alex that is awesome!! congrats dude

the reason why Bono's hair looks so short and thin is just because he cut it way too short...once it grows in it will look normal...

and it's not like we haven't seen pics of Bono in 6 months or something! we just saw pics recently before this somewhere...so don't know what all the talk about his hair is about haha

u2jesusgirl said:

Jesus Girl

16124736.jpg

I registered on there wrong somehow and it will only show me US pix then and not these new ones. I don't know what I am doing wrong... *pulls hair out*

Can someone try for Alex. Here is the link....

http://isifa.com
(make sure the territory choice says Czech)

Alex, you may want to look and see if you know the other fan posing with Bono on here....Congrats on meeting him!! We are so happy for you!!!

Rob33 said:

the reason why Bono's hair looks so short and thin is just because he cut it way too short...once it grows in it will look normal...

no that's not the reason at all. It was cut deliberately like that. There are two very differnent lengths of hair happening there. And it's been cut (and recut) like that a few times now over the last bit. That look only lasts two weeks at most, trust me...

u2jesusgirl said:

isifa.com
(make sure the territory choice says Czech)

Alex, you may want to look and see if you know the other fan posing with Bono on here....Congrats on meeting him!! We are so happy for you!!!

I don't understand what can I do with this website

moussy said:
Hi Alex! :wave:
here it is....bigger but with the damn watermark

thank you
I take contact with the guy who take the pictures, I hope he will be nice and give me pictures
wait and see

:wink: :drool: Ahh....i agree w/ u My.....Bono Is becoming very much the elder statesmen, just what I was thinking! But, I think he would miss the music.......! He needs Both!! And is it Me? or is that tie...copper? maybe the lights? anyway...he Is looking soo good these days....emm!:drool: :flirt:

alexbigboss said:
thank you

edit : like I said too, I'm looking for others pictures of me :)

Way to go Alex! Good job! Isn't Bono the nicest person?
Congratulations!

BonoFox1 said:

Yeah and when they get the chance they kiss his ass!! Fuck the press!!!:madspit:

I live in the UK and there are few things I despise more than the Daily Mail. I haven't even bothered clicking on the link. They are worse than the 'red tops' like the Sun and the Mirror.. they are a paper for haters. If you are a racist, bigotted, homophobic, anti everything kind of person you should buy this paper each day.

From the DATA website, here is Bono's statement regarding his meeting the other day with the French President.

http://www.data.org/news/press_bonoStatement_010808.html

Bono Statement on Meeting with President Sarkozy of France

President Sarkozy of France and Bono met this evening at the Elysee Palace. The meeting was requested by Bono and his Africa advocacy group, DATA.

Following the meeting, Bono said:

"We had a feisty factual meeting about effective aid, French aid and the risks to EU credibility of broken promises to the world's poor. The President knows the details and moves fast.

Within the meeting the President not only promised to restore 20 million Euros cut from the Global Fund to fight AIDS TB and malaria, he also said he would send through a plan to restore promised French aid trajectories in the next few weeks.

The President admitted it would be very very hard, but France would keep her word."

France’s aid commitment:

France shares the EU’s commitment to increase development assistance to 0.7% of GNI by 2015.
France has separately committed to reaching that target earlier, by 2012.

In 2006, France spent 0.31% of GNI on overseas development assistance.

According to a parliamentary report of 11 October, it is estimated that ODA (overseas development assistance) would be 0.35% of GNI in 2007 and would remain at 0.35% in 2008.

About DATA:

DATA was co-founded by Bono and others in 2002 to raise awareness and promote action to fight poverty and AIDS in Africa.

In English, DATA stands for Debt AIDS Trade Africa. More information about the organisation can be found on our website www.data.org

:bonodrum: :love: :hug:

moussy said:
Hi Alex! :wave:
here it is....bigger but with the damn watermark
is_16124736-1.jpg

Alex, dude...... you lucky devil. Amazing! Awesome moment, and an awesome picture of you and Bono to remember the moment forever. Couldn't be happier for you!!!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :camera:

Alex, these are great photos! Were there many fans waiting? How did you know he would be there? Very nice of Bono to come and greet his fans.

Do you know who gave him the snowglobe? Was it given to him by a fan? He looks so cute in that particular picture.

I wonder if Bono is back in Dublin now.

last unicorn said:
Alex, these are great photos! Were there many fans waiting? How did you know he would be there? Very nice of Bono to come and greet his fans.

Do you know who gave him the snowglobe? Was it given to him by a fan? He looks so cute in that particular picture.

I wonder if Bono is back in Dublin now.

Exactly, these are the "details" I was asking about! :wink: Come on Alex, we'd love to hear more!! :yes:

As for that article in the Daily Mail, not only is it insulting but full of other inaccuracies (apart from the one about the Oscar) and exaggerations. And the "private equity fund" they're on about is, I assume is Elevation Partners, a fund which in turn invests the money back into music industry! Anyone can find out more here:-

http://www.elevation.com/index.html

And here's what they say about Bono's involvement:-

http://www.elevation.com/EP_IT.asp?id=112

And the article makes it sound like it's Bono's own private fund, which it's not! :tsk:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom