Bono&Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wild honey 7

Acrobat
Yesterday was my big moment: I finally meet Bono and Edge :hug: at HQ!!!

Wow, I'm still in some kinda shock :crazy: :fain:, I'm sooo happy and I can't believe it actually happended....but well I have pictures to prove :laugh:!

I had only been waiting at HQ for like about an hour. Bono was already at there, and then Adam and Edge arrived (both :wave: at us).

Then Dallas (u woudn't believe how cute he is :cute: ) out to talk to fans.

And then, suddenly the door opened and Edge and Bono where standing there, I was like :crazy: and then everyone walked over to them (cos it started to rain....).

Well, it did get a bit crazy then, Bono said he had no time at all and that we would have to do this quick.....one of the girls reacted to that with hugging him.....:censored:...then fans got pushed aside cos some others wanted to take their picture with Bono.

Last edited:
So with Bono in the center of everyones attention, :hug: Edge :hug: looked a little lost standing there. So I just shook his hand and said hi. Then handed him my pen and he signed my handbag (stupid me forgot all my cd covers that day...). And then he put his arm around me and I had my pic taken with him.
Edge is soooo nice and he looked so good :drool:. (For the Bono girls: Bono looked very hot too, I love his silver stubble...:drool:...).

Larry arrived at about 4:30, only to be chased down in his car by some crazy guy who was screaming and shooting pics.....:censored:......I was like "don't do this, please, Larry doesn't like that at all".....:sad:.....

To be honest, I'm a little worried about going to HQ again today, cos there will be sooo many fans.
And some of them are so selfish and crazy and seem to loose their minds when they see someone of the guys.

I'm so glad that Emilie :hug: will be there with me today...

Anyway, I would like to ask some of the crazy fans going down there to remember that no one of U2 is obligated to come out and talk to them or sign autographs or having their pics taken.

There is no such thing as a right to have your picture taken with Bono (or anyone else for that matter...) or spending some personal time with him!!!!

U2 are people, so please threat them like people.

Please respect that Larry doesn't like all the fan stuff going on there (for whatever reason), stop chasing him.

IMPORTANT:

I don't mean to bug anyone with saying this nor do I want to hurt anyones feelings!!!!
I just feel this had to be said....

Last edited:
Congratulations!! Splendid stuff wild honey....so glad to learn that you met Bono and the Edge at H.Q. We do realise that no member of U2 is under any obligation to meet with fans...most just go along on the off-chance it will happen....just like you did....and it's nice to wait and if someone decides to make an appearance that's great..if they don't there's no harm done...it's just being there...it kinda has an effect on fans..it's like visiting a temple...going on a pilgrimage of hope. Congrats again....and contrary to what you said...the days of U2 and their Hanover Quay studio are numbered, so why not let the fans have their moment....I say if you wanna go...then go....maybe, just maybe you may get lucky...U2 are very fan conscious and if the timing and mood is right...one of the band is nearly always ready to acknowledge the fans that wait patiently and expectantly across the street.

thats great! i dont think that any of the stupid people that act like that are here in pleba. i think for the most part we all get it and would treat all the guys with the respect they deserve. i mean come on! who could honestly think that larry would respond well the being chased down. hes like a deer....approach slowly...no sudden movements....lol. even then. i think its kinda on his terms. its not like hes a rude or anything, just a private guy and all the real fans know that. and like emilie said, if you want some lovin from the b-man you gotta be nice to him! :wink:

Wild Honey...you lucky thing!!
Congrats girl!! I am very very very happy for you!! YAY!! You did it!! See?? Dreams can really come true!! :wink:

I hope you and Emily are lucky today as well!! And i am soooo glad that Bono is back home working the tunes with the boys!!
And...I totally agree when you say they are people ... just like me and u...and they don't deserve to be bugged by some unpleasant people...so please...respect them guys!!!

YAY...congrats...once again girl!! I am dying right here!! :drool:
It is so cool when this things happen...and we share it all...!! ;)

I forgot to say that we also got to meet some very nice people from Hungary, Mr.LeMon (he is soo nice :hug:) and his band!!

Last edited:
Yikes!!
I am so oHAPPY for you girls!!! I am a bit jealous....I wish i could be there rocking with you...and jumping all over!! I am really thrilled right here in my room...can't stop thinking OMG....! They saw themm...once again!!! :wave: :hug: :applaud:

OK I am officially panicking now!!

We will be in Dublin from Monday and if its one thing I hate its pushy fans!! I can see trouble !!!:madspit: I understand that some people get over excited but to be honest its just plain embarrassing.
We certainly are not like that!!

But on a lighter note I am so pleased for you looking forward to seeing your pics maybe I'll have some soon!!:drool:

:up: ;) Congradutalions Wildhoney7!! More @ the studios then HQ because of the pushy fans!! You really made me feel for Edge!:sad: I would have done just what you did! :wink: Edge is a sweety! but-Poor Larry:heart: no small wonder why he does NOT like any of 'the fan stuff'!!:mad: I would have had to tell that man off!!:madspit: I feel Larry is Justified in his dilike for all this! It's just sad alot of nice fans have to suffer!! It's really sad when they just don't want to listen!:(

Bono's Tart said:
OK I am officially panicking now!!

We will be in Dublin from Monday and if its one thing I hate its pushy fans!! I can see trouble !!!:madspit: I understand that some people get over excited but to be honest its just plain embarrassing.
We certainly are not like that!!

But on a lighter note I am so pleased for you looking forward to seeing your pics maybe I'll have some soon!!:drool:

Don't worry too much. Some of the craziest already left Dublin...
I'm looking forward to meet you tomorrow!!! Emilie already told me how nice you are :wink:.

Aww thank you!:hug:

If I collapse in shock make sure Bono gives me the kiss of life wont you!!?l:wink:
I'm so excited about coming back over I cant understand it its not like I havent been before and met Bono!!!:eyebrow:

See you both tomorrow ladies!!!:hyper: :faint:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom