Bono & Alicia Keys record "Don't Give Up"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbird

War Child
From today's NY Daily News.....

Alicia Keys and Bono have remade the Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush single "Don't Give Up" to benefit the African charity Keep a Child Alive. They will perform the song Thursday at the Black Ball fund-raiser at Jazz at Lincoln Center.

Giddy Up! I've always loved this song.
Maybe they'll consider playing in Vegas this week!

I like the original, so I'd love to hear Bono and Alicia Keys' version.

Does anyone kone if it is being released as a single?:hmm:

tbird said:
From today's NY Daily News.....

Alicia Keys and Bono have remade the Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush single "Don't Give Up" to benefit the African charity Keep a Child Alive. They will perform the song Thursday at the Black Ball fund-raiser at Jazz at Lincoln Center.

Peter Gabriel is a fantastic musician. The song is excellent, couldn't have been a better choice for Bono and Alicia Keys. Can't wait to hear it! :cute:

Miringeltje said:
Bono is a Busy Bee.

Nov 1: LA
Nov 2: LA

Nov 3: NY

Nov 4: Vegas
Nov 5: Vegas

Doesn't it occur to anyone that this boy is killing himself? One day off between two sets of two shows, designed for him to rest his voice and his body, and he's flying cross country to perform and then flying back. This is grueling work, and he doesn't even brush his teeth without giving it 1000% -- so what kind of toll is this schedule going to take -- he's been doing all these other things on their days off, and none of it is easy. This isn't good, not one bit.

I wonder if they'll sing it while clutching each other desperately :hmm:

I'm curious to hear it, but I don't think it will better the original (one of my favourite songs). I like the idea of a Bono/Alicia collaboration though :up:

So does anyone know if he was really going to this? It seems he was giving a video address early this morning to Time Global Health Summit in New York from LA.

56063724.jpg

I'll be impressed if he actually shows up tonight in NY.

right, so did he go or not? i haven't seen anything in reference to him being there...

ruffian said:
right, so did he go or not? i haven't seen anything in reference to him being there...

Don't think he did, he also participated in a TIME magazine forum yesterday but it was via videophone from California.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom