Bon Iver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ I should stop lying. I never downloaded it. I bought it straight up from guess-where the other day.

It's great stuff. I like the evolved sound. No obvious standouts like Skinny Love, Wolves or Stacks, but great all the way through. I think Perth, WA, Aus is my favourite track. Holocene is the shit too. And I love Beth/Rest because it legitimately sounds like an 80s song.

So two from two for Mr Vernon. Plus he gets a few sick cunt points for working with Kanye.

Which reminds me, they were talking about Kanye possibly featuring on a Bon Iver song... can you imagine how poorly that would have fitted on this album?

I don't know why, but I haven't listened to the new one much at all. Maybe it's the lack of obvious standouts, but I just never find myself wanting to give it a listen. Probably only listened to it 4 times or so, and nothing from it has really stuck with me. That happens sometimes, I guess.

I don't know why, but I haven't listened to the new one much at all. Maybe it's the lack of obvious standouts, but I just never find myself wanting to give it a listen. Probably only listened to it 4 times or so, and nothing from it has really stuck with me. That happens sometimes, I guess.

I have had this same experience with it, exactly.

It's like what LM said about The Antlers. It kind of becomes background music. Always pleasant and creating a nice vibe, yet I'm detached while it's on.

I find myself turning to it frequently, but I couldn't tell you how a single song goes w/o hearing it.

joyfulgirl said:
I have had this same experience with it, exactly.

It's like what LM said about The Antlers. It kind of becomes background music. Always pleasant and creating a nice vibe, yet I'm detached while it's on.

I'm actually the opposite in that that is closer to how I feel about For Emma. I think a fuller band sound helps this record, even if it dips a bit in the middle.

I also love love love the off-kilter drumming (its there on Wolves too). Reminded me of Phil Selway on Videotape and King of Limbs at first, but it sounds great here.

Justin Vernon-
Winding it down. I look at it like a faucet. I have to turn it off and walk away from it because so much of how that music comes together is subconscious or discovering. There’s so much attention on the band, it can be distracting at times. I really feel the need to walk away from it while I still care about it. And then if I come back to it – if at all – I'll feel better about it and be renewed or something to do that.

Apparently a spokesman for the label said, "They are just going off cycle after two very busy years on this record." Regardless, sounds like Vernon isn't 100% certain of the band's future at the moment.

Here's hoping it's just a break. I still reminisce every other day about their live show.

When I first saw the link on p4k I only read Bon Iver "Winding Down" and I got all excited thinking it was a new song :(

That other band of his really sucked. I see no reason why Bon Iver shouldn't be his primary creative source. The band is too popular? Grow from that. Become a more well-rounded songwriter.

If he's suggesting he wants to quit music entirely lololol he'll be back

I absolutely do not get why Cobbler loves this band SO much, but I do like them and am looking forward to this new album. Packaging sounds super cool. Hopefully it blows my mind and forces me to buy the vinyl.

I absolutely do not get why Cobbler loves this band SO much, but I do like them and am looking forward to this new album. Packaging sounds super cool. Hopefully it blows my mind and forces me to buy the vinyl.

Oh no you di-int!!!!!!

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Looks like a new album is on the horizon. :up:
I got hooked on these guys from all things the tv show "Chuck". "Creature Fear" popped up and I really liked it, so I found out what the song was and looked these guys up. Very glad I did. I've actually found 3-4 great bands through "Chuck". The show featured some great music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom