Big yam mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
It sounds familiar, but I haven't heard it as far as I know, nor know where it can be gotten. Has anyone else heard it? Was it released? is it just another name for the grand jury mix?

good question, I was just trying to find it on NewMedia but no luck

I hope it's not the same as the Grand Jury mix because I hate that version, it could be the name of the single version, which is the one they put on the City of Angels Soundtrack

special agent johnson, no relation

since they didn't put "The Fly" on the Best Of, why didn't they at least put "The Lounge Fly remix" on there?

Well, it's almost guaranteed as the hidden track.

But... I look at it this way, the remix could have been

1) Mofo (mother's mix)- This is the worst U2 remix I've ever heard
2)Staring at the Sun (Sad Bastard's Mix)
3)Numb (Soul Assassain mix)
4)Last Night on Earth (First Night in Hell mix)

U2 have released some great mixes, some crappy ones, and some middle of the road ones. I think the Big Yam/Grand Jury mix is middle of the road, and far better than those listed.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Well, it's almost guaranteed as the hidden track.

But... I look at it this way, the remix could have been

1) Mofo (mother's mix)- This is the worst U2 remix I've ever heard
2)Staring at the Sun (Sad Bastard's Mix)
3)Numb (Soul Assassain mix)
4)Last Night on Earth (First Night in Hell mix)

I have to say that I agree with two of your choices and disagree with the other two. Personally, I think the Sad Bastards Mix is quite good (a more fulfilled version of what they tried to do with Miami). And the Soul Assassins Mix took U2 in a whole different direction (hip hop) and it sounds quite good too.
But as you said, the Mother's Mix (though maybe not the worst remix ever) and First Night In Hell Mix can better be forgotten.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom