Best U2 tribute band: Zoo Station, Joshua Tree or Else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyril

The Fly
I heard great things about Zoo Station (an amazing 4-hour St Patrick show in San Francisco a friend of mine attended). I also read good things about the Joshua Tree and Elevation...

Which u2 tribute band is your favorite? And why?

Thanks,
-Cyril

Last edited:
the Unforgettable Fire -
they play around NYC/CT/Boston lots. I like them best because they're the only one i've seen.
kickass band, too - always on top of the new tunes, and they nail the older stuff. you never know what you're gonna hear.

I remember seeing a video of some U2 "tribute" band, and it was so ridiculous. It might have been Elevation. It wasn't a tribute band at all it was a U2 mockery band. The lead singer couldn't sing, but was decked out in clothing only Bono could pull off and didn't sound anything like Bono at all. It was one of the most irritating sights I've ever seen.

I have 2 absolute favorite tribute bands, Elevation Canada and Joshua Tree.

What I love about Elevation is the detail they put into their shows. Nothing is overlooked, especially when it comes to stage costumes. They are excellent musicians and really make a connection with their audience. Brady is not a dead-on Bono sound alike but he's got a great voice. On some nights, you can get 3 different U2 eras, complete with costume changes. They are also the nicest 4 guys you could ever meet.

Joshua Tree does a more straight forward show, but just as good as Elevation for different reasons. The first thing people notice when they see them is Jason's voice, which is scarily similar to Bono's. The rest of band is tight musically and they are very passionate about what they do. From Boy to HTDAAB, they've rocked the house everytime I've seen them. And, they are also great guys :up:

I also liked Zoo Station but I've only seen them once so I can't really compare them to the other bands I've seen.

Exit was excellent back when they were doing U2 covers...their original material was good too.

I haven't seen them with their new singer yet but I think they're going to stick with mostly original stuff.

The Joshua Trio, from Dublin.

Never had the good fortune to ever see them but they were legendary.

They took out a fatwa on Eamon Dunphy. Pure genius!

:wink:

BEST U2 TRIBUTE BAND

I have seen the Joshua Tree...the Massachusetts-based U2 cover band and they are good. However, last year in England, I saw U2/UK. They were brilliant. They were amazing. They dressed like the band, sounded like the band, did the same onstage antics as the band. They were incredible. The lead singer had Bono down to a T. He had all of Bono's Elevation clothes. They were brilliant. It is funny because the very next week was the week I met Bono, Adam and the Edge.

Back
Top Bottom