Best Song Survivor: The Joshua Tree Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth and penultimate round for The Joshua Tree in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from The Joshua Tree will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the fourth round, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For made an overdue departure.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
10. Trip Through Your Wires
9. Mothers Of The Disappeared
8. Bullet The Blue Sky
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
33 votes: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
29: Exit, Red Hill Mining Town
13: In God's Country
2: One Tree Hill (wtf), Running To Stand Still
1: With Or Without You
(Total votes: 109)

I will have no part in eliminating RHMT and Exit, both worthy of a finals spot.

I'd ideally vote RTSS, but I'm going to hold onto my vote in case voting IGC could save RHMT and Exit. I love IGC, but the four songs I'd choose as finalists are WOWY, RHMT, OTH, and Exit, meaning I'd have to eliminate IGC anyway, so I'd be willing to do it now if necessary.

Thank you, Khan! :love:

Now let's all pretend nothing untoward happened.

k, it's been fixed. i think i managed to delete the votes too, so those who voted for bullet should be able to vote for something else now. anyway, i'm voting for rhmt.

I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be, I think, but I am having a hard time deciding what to vote for. I think I'll just do some process of elimination.

I'm not going to vote for WOWY. It was probably the first U2 song I really loved oh those many years ago. It's not gonna be RTSS. Too Bono. And it's not gonna be Exit. Too bad-asssss.

Fuck, I don't know. I'm not voting. Fuck it.

wow, this album is fantastic. pretty much every song has something to offer, and every song bar TTYW has the right to be called brilliant. about half of those are epic. and two of those are my favourite songs ever.

:heart:

:yawn: I was very happy to wake to see RHMT still on the list.......

Today it will be Exit or IGC for me, whichever is needed to save RHMT. So, I will wait to see how this all plays out :hmm:

I would even be willing to oust RTSS to save RHMT, though that would be severely painful for me.

RHMT has a classic Bono vocal while IGC doesn't.

RHMT has a classic Bono vocal while IGC doesn't.

I agree with you. But it doesn't matter. A striking lead guitar riff always wins over good vocals in the minds of the general populace.

Besides, IGC has great vocals too!

ISHFWILF? Beautiful Day?

Well, BD has that familiar guitar riff in the chorus.

Anyway, I'm listening to JT right now. Just finished RHMT and now IGC. Damn, what great songs! Definitely a tough decision. Fucking amazing music this is.

As if the general public remembers BD for anything other than Bono's soaring chorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom