Best Song Survivor: All That You Can't Leave Behind Round IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuck. I think my ranking of the remaining songs is probably a bit different to everyone else's. Mainly because I actually like Elevation :reject:

8. Stuck
7. In A Little While
6. When I Look At The World
5. Elevation
4. Kite
3. Beautiful Day
2. New York
1. Walk On.

And of course, since I still just count TGBHF as the last song on ATYCLB, I rank that above all of those remaining.

This is shockingly close between the 5 that won't be finalists anyway. How about a big tie?

This is shockingly close between the 5 that won't be finalists anyway. How about a big tie?

Five songs within five votes of each other and the other three on zero, wow. This round has made it fucking obvious what the three qualifiers will be. I'm tempted to just call the entire album right now. A five-way tie would be excellent.

Does anybody object to eliminating all five of these songs in one fell swoop and moving onto HTDAAB at the conclusion of this round? If so, is there any criteria other than all five being tied for votes that you would consider acceptable grounds for quintuple elimination? (e.g. the five songs eliminated require >95% of the total vote and no more than five votes between first and fifth.)

The round ends in ten hours, so I'm willing to leave this open for discussion until then, unless there is an overwhelming consensus for one stance in which case it would make sense to run with whatever that consensus is.

For future reference, at the time of this post, IALW has 17 votes, WILATW 16, NY 15, Stuck 14, Elevation 13; BD and Walk On and Kite have zero.

Does anybody object to eliminating all five of these songs in one fell swoop and moving onto HTDAAB at the conclusion of this round? If so, is there any criteria other than all five being tied for votes that you would consider acceptable grounds for quintuple elimination? (e.g. the five songs eliminated require >95% of the total vote and no more than five votes between first and fifth.)

The round ends in ten hours, so I'm willing to leave this open for discussion until then, unless there is an overwhelming consensus for one stance in which case it would make sense to run with whatever that consensus is.

For future reference, at the time of this post, IALW has 17 votes, WILATW 16, NY 15, Stuck 14, Elevation 13; BD and Walk On and Kite have zero.
i'd be happy to see it ended now, tbh.

It's impossible :ohmy:

I'm with you here. :ohmy:

I mean it will spare us a few rounds since Interference EPIC FAILED voting for Elevation, WILATW and Stuck.
But this is an...
...EPIC...
...FAIL.
EPIC.
I mean, "GeorgeW.Bush"style EPIC. :ohmy:

I suppose it's inevitable. I guess Stuck is doomed no matter how much rallying and fighting I could possibly do in later rounds.:wink:

I'd say go ahead.

I just checked the last three rounds, and there have been NO votes for Kite at all, one unique voter for Walk On (first round only), and two unique voters for Beautiful Day (on no occasion did they both vote in the same round). Three voters is not even a quarter of the total for the "best" performing song out of the five up for elimination here.

It seems to me that future rounds would just be going through the motions for a result that is already clear.

I just checked the last three rounds, and there have been NO votes for Kite at all, one unique voter for Walk On (first round only), and two unique voters for Beautiful Day (on no occasion did they both vote in the same round). Three voters is not even a quarter of the total for the "best" performing song out of the five up for elimination here.

It seems to me that future rounds would just be going through the motions for a result that is already clear.
i wish i'd voted for beautiful day for shits and giggles now, just to throw a spanner in the works.

Looks like we've support for mercy-ruling this entire album, even from its fans. Just over three more hours to speak up if you don't think this should be done.

I would object to it, but I guess it's pretty obvious what the result's going to be, so :up: from me. Just do it, if people lose sleep over it... :lol:

Plus it saves an abomination in When I Look at the World being eliminated next.

Judging by this voting, City of Blinding Lights will probably go first three rounds and something like Vertigo will make the finals.

Incidentally, Miracle Drug, City of Blinding Lights and One Step Closer are the tracks I want to make it from Bomb

There is just a minute to go and this meets pretty much any possible criteria that could have been set for a quintuple elimination. Any one of these five songs could easily have been eliminated this round and our semi-finalists are obvious. It's time to move onto HTDAAB. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom