Best Song Survivor: 2000s Semi Final I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the first 2000s semi final in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top four songs from this semi final will proceed to the grand finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

In the 2004-09 miscellaneous round, No Line On The Horizon II did what its album track twin could not and made the semis, along with Fast Cars, which just edged out Window In The Skies.

GRAND FINALISTS
1. New Year's Day
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. One Tree Hill
7. All I Want Is You
8. Until The End Of The World
9. The Fly
10. Zooropa
11. Stay
12. Gone

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
58 votes: No Line On The Horizon II
52: Fast Cars
49: Window In The Skies
39: Winter
32: Smile
27: Native Son
17: Are You Gonna Wait Forever
16: Xanax And Wine
12: Alt. ABOY
6: Alt. Yahweh
5: Alt. SYCMIOYO
2: The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew
(Total votes: 99)

If only this was worst song survivor... then both ABOY and ABOY alternate would be in the semifinals!

Kinda hard to sift through the mediocrity here. I guess I'll throw a vote to Vertigo.

goodbye goodbye (adiós!)
downsrim.gif

How bizarre, I placed my vote, yet my name doesn't appear, even though my vote has been registered.

ummm...how the fuck did NLOTH II beat the album version? :|

Because they never went up against each other. NLOTH I was in the NLOTH album round and didn't qualify for the finals, while NLOTH II was in the 2004-09 miscellaneous round and was the leading qualifier from that group.

And personally, I'm pleased about that since I think NLOTH II slays NLOTH I.

Back
Top Bottom