Banana, Kiribati Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG000229.png

THE MOST OVER RATED BOOK OF ALL TIME. Seriously...there was nothing remotely special about this.

:yes: :vomit:

p1050713.jpg

The Eyes Of The Dragon by Stephen King. 10/10

READ IT. Not only the best King book I've read, but also the best fantasy I've ever read. I could easily read this all in one sitting, it's hugely engaging and the characters all seem so real. Flagg is quite possibly the best novel villain ever. :up:

Attention Superthread!

I'm considering buying this lot for $25:

90f6_1.JPG

They're apparently about an inch across each.

Thoughts?

p1050713.jpg

The Eyes Of The Dragon by Stephen King. 10/10

READ IT. Not only the best King book I've read, but also the best fantasy I've ever read. I could easily read this all in one sitting, it's hugely engaging and the characters all seem so real. Flagg is quite possibly the best novel villain ever. :up:

Flagg? RANDALL FLAGG?!

Must read this then. The Stand was SO influential on me when I was younger.

Photo43.jpg

1421: The Year China Discovered The World by Gavin Menzies.

-10,000,000,000,000/10

Where do I begin? This is arguably the worst work of history ever. This should be filed in the fiction section of bookshops. Words cannot describe how astonishingly dreadful this is. I'm at a loss to explain why anybody would read this. It has no historical merit - it is just the stupid delusional imaginings of some old geezer with delusions of grandeur. He has no evidence, he makes baffling leaps of logic, he has no fucking idea what he's talking about, he has no awareness of previous research ... I should burn my copy.

THE VERY SAME. And what the HELL, why haven't I read The Stand yet?!?! :goestofindit:

I started the Stand but got side-tracked :sad:. Also I saw the movie first :reject:. I haven't read Eyes of the Dragon yet, must get on both of those.

The movie of The Stand is pretty good. The book is amazing. I read it when I was like 11 in 10 days. My edition is over a thousand pages long.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the movie. If you liked that, you might like the made for tv version of The Shining. It's very much true to the book, and...honestly I like it more than Kubrick's :uhoh:.

Photo44.jpg

Candide by Voltaire. 7.5/10.

This starts off as a great little satire with some very incisive points. Voltaire overdoes it, but it's the sort of satire that warrants being overdone. Then he overdoes overdoing it, and that's where he loses me a little.

Still, quite worth a read; it's enjoyable and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom