Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance this major event could be the iminent John Cleese tour? No seriously.

Have you seen the dates he is doing in New Zealand next month: http://www.abpresents.com.au/johncleese_main.htm

In my last Ticketek update it had John Cleese in the upcoming ticket section... if he is doing a 22 date tour of New Zealand... imagine the tour of Australia.

Just a thought. :shrug:

lol, I wish you hadn't pointed that out. It would have been too funny had we been waiting on the edge of our seats for this 'big' announcement, and then it wasn't U2, wasn't the Rolling Stones, wasn't any other massive band, it was ....... John Cleese....

Earnie Shavers said:
lol, I wish you hadn't pointed that out. It would have been too funny had we been waiting on the edge of our seats for this 'big' announcement, and then it wasn't U2, wasn't the Rolling Stones, wasn't any other massive band, it was ....... John Cleese....

:lmao:

timothius said:
To be honest John Cleese almost excites me more than U2... no seriously.

Yeah, depending on ticket costs, I'll go see him.

Fawlty Towers ... :drool:

fullautoreverse said:
this is just getting too full on! arrghghghgg

coldplays additional shows are going on sale in a week, i cant believe they beat U2 to an announcement and general sale of tickets for shows next june...

yes indeed
and they ARE coming to Adelaide

:mad:
:madspit:
:huh:
:( :ohmy:

I've been waiting 18 months to know who the new James Bond is, and today it's finally been announced. (Daniel Craig, FYI)

Now all I need to know is if U2 are touring Australia to cap off the weekend. I've been waiting since elevation for that...

Hmmm...
is the "big news" that we were waiting for the Hugh Jackman in the Boy from Oz? It's shown up on the main page of ticketek and was on the Today show this morning? Haven't heard anything about it until noew.

Another anti-climax by the looks of it.... or am i wrong in assuming that's it?

i'm so bored i'm going to write about how bored i am ... and i'm going to complain that U2 should hurry up and annouce something or earnie should write something stupid that annoys me to think for a few days again ... and guess what i did, i actually managed to fit U2 into an imaginative story for my HSC somehow it just went well into what i was writing ... it was bullshit though lol

DignityPassesBy said:
i'm so bored i'm going to write about how bored i am ... and i'm going to complain that U2 should hurry up and annouce something or earnie should write something stupid that annoys me to think for a few days again ... and guess what i did, i actually managed to fit U2 into an imaginative story for my HSC somehow it just went well into what i was writing ... it was bullshit though lol

Haha me too. I used adapted lyrics in some parts.

For example, I appropriated the "shards of glass, splinters like rain" bit from Please to describe something. Plus, for some strange reason I thought of Bono's drumming during Love and Peace and as a result worked that in to as part of a metaphor lol.

Oh, and i used the "colour clashed" bit from Bad.

I need a life
:| :wink:

is anyone thinking about ordering the DVD from overseas? do you think we will have a release date close to the US & Europe dates?

This is the gossip on the yahoo list:

FEB 06 - Japan

FEB/MAR - Australia/New Zealand

APR/May - Far East ( there's a rumour of China???)/South America

JUN/JUL - U.S Stadiums

AUG/SEPT - Europe (Indoor & Outdoor)

Yeah, yeah, believe it when we see it :mad:

fullautoreverse said:
is anyone thinking about ordering the DVD from overseas? do you think we will have a release date close to the US & Europe dates?

Well, as I play region 1 DVDs, I'll be ordering from the US anyway ...

Does anyone have any new information they can add?

Its all gone very quiet in here.

What about that Ticketek announcement this week? What was that meant to be?

Hi all,

I have just received this info from Universal Music Australia, regarding the Vertigo Tour DVD from Chicago:

"Thanks for your email. We will be releasing this DVD on the 13th November. This is all the information we have at this stage.

SUMMARY:

The biggest show of 2005 has just rolled around to DVD. The U2//Vertigo 2005 tour had been on the road since April and has played to millions across the US and Europe.

This show, captured in Chicago, is the band at their powerful best. Opening with City Of Blinding Lights, the set list moves through classic U2 tracks like An Cat Dubh, New Year’s Day, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Sunday Bloody Sunday and Where The Streets Have No Name. The set list also includes the hits from the new album including Vertigo and All Because Of You. Limited edition version of the DVD features a documentary about the tour and bonus Audio.

Single disc version for the U2//Vertigo 2005 tour recorded live in Chicago. Single disc edition features the full length concert performance. The live show was designed by long-time friend Willie Williams.

Set list:

1. City Of Blinding Lights

2. Vertigo

3. Elevation

4. Cry / Electric Co

5. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart

6. Beautiful Day

7. New Year’s Day

8. Miracle Drug

9. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own

10. Love And Peace Or Else

11. Sunday Bloody Sunday

12. Bullet The Blue Sky

13. Running To Stand Still

14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

15. Where The Streets Have No Name

16. One

17. Zoo Station

18. The Fly

19. Mysterious Ways

20. All Because Of You

21. Original Of The Species

22. Yahweh

23. 40

I do know that we will release a LTD Edition, as well as the standard version - unsure of the difference at this stage, however, I think it may just be the packaging. More information should come to us this week and I will post on the website.

Kind Regards,

Universal Music Australia"

:drool:

Just to let you guys know...

I've been talking to one of my sources today and they can confirm that the month of February is going to happen next year.

I can't be specific as it is still in planning stage. But at the moment they are looking at about 28 or 29 dates, nationally.

As for U2, they are not quite sure. :huh:

I can't wait for February to come to the Gold Coast! :hyper:

Actually, I can. :|

Please schedule June instead.

Far East? That would be the first time for them...

I think Japan/Australia/New Zealand in Jan/Feb and then S. America/Mexico in March.

I don't see US and Europe getting visited again - unless they're more serious about a quick follow-up to Bomb than it seems.

(that said, I wouldn't mind a few dates in the eastern/southern parts of Europe for a change)

Last edited:
I gotta say I've got no enthusiasm about buying the DVD. I don't feel like watching yet another DVD of a tour that may not get here :mad:

timothius said:
Just to let you guys know...

I've been talking to one of my sources today and they can confirm that the month of February is going to happen next year.

I can't be specific as it is still in planning stage. But at the moment they are looking at about 28 or 29 dates, nationally.

As for U2, they are not quite sure. :huh:

Hey Tim Tam, what do your sources say about July?:hyper:

28 or 29 dates nationally? do you mean playing around with 28 or 29 dates 'specifically' or 28 or 29 'actual shows' nationally?

radio (locally here on the gold coast) has never played so much U2, were getting at least 2 songs a day on Sea FM and frequently on Hot Tomato...dunno what that means, but its weird..a good weird tho..arrrghghghhgh...lol

hopefully they have their fingers crossed for a tour too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom