Assassination of the Sun - It's the Communist Sun God Worshippers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was trying to get at with an earlier post of mine. There has to be a mixture of evolution and education because just like other phobias and -isms (homophobia, racism) get passed down through the generations, so does sexism and gender roles.

You're right, we have come a long way, but at the same time, there's a lot more to be done.

Anyway, I'm off, I'm going to go hang out with a friend for awhile. :wave:

There's always going to be more to be done unfortunately...I just wish the solution was simple genetics...but unfortunately stupid humans have free will to be idiots...

Bye Cassie :wave:

LemonMelon, I haven't seen you in here before :wave: How goes it?

Hiya, Emma. :wave: Quiet evening in the superthread, so I'm just checking out the action here.

BTW, Screwtape, I was searching through the earlier pages of this thread and saw your top 50. :up: Good stuff, and a couple made my own list.

It's cool that you can post in here when the other thread's slow moving, I think because of time zones and such that thread seems to be quite when this isn't an vice versa... tis craziness of course!

You're right about transsexuals and hermaphrodites Zee, and I think it's because we in the west are so hell bent on classifying people and fitting them into very specific boxes. And naturally these people go against specific stereotypes and don't particularly conform. And as people generally loathe what they don't understand...

^ for the above post I meant to quote Lemon Melon. I'm such a fool!

See John, Western civilization is the society that ostracizes them and places a stigma. If you look at Native American culture for example, or the Azande people of Africa, they have names for trannsexuals, etc . They also give a lot of respect to them and treat them well, believing that they are specially blessed to have both genders. However, with the Spanish explorers, the Native American tradition of a "Berdache" was considered sodomic and barbaric. It just seems as if the West wants to categorize what it deems fit ....

It's cool that you can post in here when the other thread's slow moving, I think because of time zones and such that thread seems to be quite when this isn't an vice versa... tis craziness of course!

I have no particular allegiance to any thread, superthread, bar, or otherwise. I just go where the people are...like a traveling salesman or something. Still don't know what product I'm selling though.

See John, Western civilization is the society that ostracizes them and places a stigma. If you look at Native American culture for example, or the Azande people of Africa, they have names for trannsexuals, etc . They also give a lot of respect to them and treat them well, believing that they are specially blessed to have both genders. However, with the Spanish explorers, the Native American tradition of a "Berdache" was considered sodomic and barbaric. It just seems as if the West wants to categorize what it deems fit ....

I'm aware of that but what I'm simply wondering is numbers, which are impossible to obtain but would most certainly be interesting. Especially if the numbers were increasing over time, could show a link between transsexuals and evolution which would just show the idiocy of the people who single them out.

I have no particular allegiance to any thread, superthread, bar, or otherwise. I just go where the people are...like a traveling salesman or something. Still don't know what product I'm selling though.

I'm sorry, but we don't want anyone selling anything here in the Communist thread :wink:

I'm aware of that but what I'm simply wondering is numbers, which are impossible to obtain but would most certainly be interesting. Especially if the numbers were increasing over time, could show a link between transsexuals and evolution which would just show the idiocy of the people who single them out.

I suspect those numbers are increasing...

I suspect those numbers are increasing...

Couldn't you pull it off to evolution then? The western world no longer requires genetic gender roles so they are decreasing and in some ways being inverted. Transsexuals are going to increase in future, but they're only transsexuals if we keep using gender roles so concretely.

The future will sure be interesting that's for sure

I personally think the lurkers should say hello, it's only polite dears :D

Couldn't you pull it off to evolution then? The western world no longer requires genetic gender roles so they are decreasing and in some ways being inverted. Transsexuals are going to increase in future, but they're only transsexuals if we keep using gender roles so concretely.

:yes: Like you said, you are seeing traits of a specific gender appear in some in the other. I think that is something that will become more and more common.

If we didn't have gender roles, we wouldn't have transexuals. That's what I think the big problem with someone who's a transexual is - it's because of all these unnecessary gender roles we have that they can't just be themselves, they feel like they have to conform to something. It's sad, I can't imagine the pain and loneliness you'd feel as a transexual and I think it's completely the fault of our society.

If we didn't have gender roles, we wouldn't have transexuals. That's what I think the big problem with someone who's a transexual is - it's because of all these unnecessary gender roles we have that they can't just be themselves, they feel like they have to conform to something. It's sad, I can't imagine the pain and loneliness you'd feel as a transexual and I think it's completely the fault of our society.

And gender roles are basically thousands of years out of date. Evolution is already replacing them, with transsexuals and people who show traits generally found in other sexes but society seems to not want to catch up...

Transexuals are normal physically, biologically speaking. But to society, they're wierd and can't be placed into a category and specifically, accordingly labeled. I hate society wants everyone to confirm, ick. We keep saying its about individuality but it's really not.

Transexuals are normal physically, biologically speaking. But to society, they're wierd and can't be placed into a category and specifically, accordingly labeled. I hate society wants everyone to confirm, ick. We keep saying its about individuality but it's really not.

A group wants conformity. An individual wants individuality. Society needs to become a group of individuals not a just a group of people.

Society wants people to conform of course it does, if people didn't conform in the beginning we would of got nowhere as a species; the problem is we're past the stage where evolution requires us to conform to survive.

Gender Roles still affect society and there's a reason for it, but the problem is (well to some people to me it's great) that people are evolving out of them but society still tries to force them back into it, which is just in the end hampering progress.

A group wants conformity. An individual wants individuality. Society needs to become a group of individuals not a just a group of people.

Like I said in my last post; I think it depends on the level society is at. At first the world needs conformity always, that's how evolution works. But we have now finally past the level where conformity is what is best for society and society needs to realise that and let us move forward.

Like I said in my last post; I think it depends on the level society is at. At first the world needs conformity always, that's how evolution works. But we have now finally past the level where conformity is what is best for society and society needs to realise that and let us move forward.

Yeah. I was thinking of developed nations.

Yeah. I was thinking of developed nations.

Yup, once a society is secured in its existence, then it is the time for conformity to disappear for the most part. I mean hundreds of years ago you could make statements like men are stronger, women are more compassionate etc. But now, it is men/women are generally whatever and in future I think those things are just going to decrease as evolution no longer needs the two different sexes to be completely distinct. Of course we need society to adapt too...

Yup, once a society is secured in its existence, then it is the time for conformity to disappear for the most part. I mean hundreds of years ago you could make statements like men are stronger, women are more compassionate etc. But now, it is men/women are generally whatever and in future I think those things are just going to decrease as evolution no longer needs the two different sexes to be completely distinct. Of course we need society to adapt too...

Hopefully people make the best of it and be themselves. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom