Apple to sponsor tour, concerts on iTunes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john1800

The Fly
Just a couple thoughts...

The Vanity Fair article mentioned that U2 were in talks with an "information technology" company about sponsoring their tour, and the article about the Vertigo iTunes tv ad had this little teaser: "You will hear more about Apple and U2 working together in the coming weeks."

Could Apple be sponsoring the next world tour? And if so, might U2 be contemplating releasing some, or even all, of the concerts on iTunes? Remember a couple of years ago, Pearl Jam released cds of all their US concerts. It would be even more profitable, and in keeping with their pro-technology stance, for U2 to release concerts exclusively to iTunes. These would naturally be high quality versions, and if they are going to have more varying set lists on this tour, fans would be enticed to buy several different concerts from the tour.

I completely agree, and I would welcome it. Apple is the only company I trust to not only do things very well, but do the right thing. They also have a huge presence and brand at the moment, and we've already seen how that's helped U2. While it's nice not to have a sponsor to worry about, I really like the idea of Apple being involved. It would result in some awesome things for fans, such as near-instant concert downloads.

Here's some more proof to back this up: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89752

I should have said also that I would completely support such an arrangement. When I think about how many days and how much bandwidth I spent getting bootlegs from the Elevation tour (with varying degrees of quality), it would be so nice to have high quality concerts readily available. It would no doubt be worth the price, and I'd probably buy more than one.

I think there's a lot of hypocrisy if U2 did it. They always told that they would never do anything like this... I also think it will not result in cheaper tickets. just look at the highly sponsored Stones Licks tour (T-Mobile). Tickets were never so expensive!

Can we not accept that Sponsorship of this kind is slightly different, particularly if they're the first major band to fully embrace something new. Neither are they a particularly odorous company to my knowledge.
Hell thinking about it again there's not many people I wouldn't accept if it meant Soundboard quality boots for every show with easy conscience clear downloading.

An alliance is born........

apple.jpg

Back
Top Bottom