Anna Nicole Smith's 20 Year Old son Dies!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as this dingbat woman drives me insane, I have to say I feel for her now. What an emotional up and down to welcome the arrival of a new baby and see your eldest child pass on within mere days. My son is 20. As a mother I wouldn't wish losing a child on any other, and it really hits home hard for me being that my son is the same age. Very sad news.

The death of Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son, Daniel, in the Bahamas Sunday was not due to natural causes, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"The cause of death is not natural," Her Majesty's Coroner Linda P. Virgill tells PEOPLE. "However, we wish to reserve the cause of death at this time pending the toxicologist examination and report for confirmation of cause of death. Friday is the likely release date for the autopsy and toxicology report."

Daniel Smith was found sitting upright in a chair after going to see his mother and his new half-sister in the private Doctors Hospital in Nassau, Reginald Ferguson, assistant commissioner of the Royal Bahamas Police Force, told reporters late Monday.

"It would appear from our report that the mother had gotten up, saw him in the chair and he appeared to be sound asleep. She tried to wake him up, he was unresponsive and she sounded the alarm," Ferguson said.

According to Virgill, a coroner's inquest with a jury will take place, and Anna Nicole Smith will likely be asked for her testimony. "All persons who are relevant witnesses, like his mother and hospital staff and airline personnel who had contact with him, would have to testify," Virgill says. "The inquest would happen late October or early November to determine how, when and by what manner Daniel came to his death."

She continued, "The family wishes to return the body to the United States, but it won't be released until the reports are in."

From the NY Daily News online:

Drug overdose may have killed Anna Nicole's son

Investigators suspect a drug overdose may have killed ex-Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son after an autopsy showed he did not die from "natural causes" or a heart attack, the coroner said yesterday.
Daniel Smith died on Sunday in his 38-year-old mother's maternity ward hospital room in Nassau, Bahamas, just days after she gave birth to a baby girl.

"We have a cause of death, but I am reserving it pending complete toxicology reports. We have to be sure," Bahamian coroner Linda Virgil told the Daily News. Test results are expected tomorrow.

"It was not natural causes. Heart attack was ruled out," Virgil said.

She refused to confirm a report in yesterday's Nassau Guardian newspaper that "various medications, along with drugs, were found in his system."

The toxicology tests she is awaiting are used to determine levels of drugs, alcohol or poisons in the body.

Anna Nicole Smith had credited her son with helping her get clean when she became addicted to painkillers a few years ago.

But her half-sister Donna Hogan says the buxom model's party-girl ways may have corrupted her son.

"It was really hard to have her as a mother. ... She was known to be wild and he was around that his whole life," Hogan told the TV show "Inside Edition."

"I think Anna's lifestyle had a very big part in this ... the cost of fame, the drugs, alcohol and a wild life that absolutely caused a young man's death."

The Guardian, citing hospital workers, reported gruesome new details of how Smith allegedly died.

"Daniel was reportedly vomiting uncontrollably shortly before he collapsed and died. ... His mother went into a violent rage helplessly trying to revive her son. The room was a total mess ... vomit and blood splattered everywhere," the Guardian reported.

Hospital chief Barry Raffin said Daniel Smith "attended to his mother" at 6:20 a.m. and then apparently fell asleep in a chair in her room. At 9:38 a.m. he was found "unresponsive" and medics spent 22 minutes attempting to revive him.

Numb1075 said:
Anna Nicole Smith had credited her son with helping her get clean when she became addicted to painkillers a few years ago.

But her half-sister Donna Hogan says the buxom model's party-girl ways may have corrupted her son.

"It was really hard to have her as a mother. ... She was known to be wild and he was around that his whole life," Hogan told the TV show "Inside Edition."

"I think Anna's lifestyle had a very big part in this ... the cost of fame, the drugs, alcohol and a wild life that absolutely caused a young man's death."

Even if there is some truth to that, I think it is still awful to say it. A woman lost her son, and you are placing blame on her?? Talk about heartless. :|

people don't always say the right thing in situations like these.

My guess is that the uncontrollable vomiting is the body's natural reaction to ingesting poisons (possibly contained in the drugs) and attempts to purge itself.

Bonochick said:

Even if there is some truth to that, I think it is still awful to say it. A woman lost her son, and you are placing blame on her?? Talk about heartless. :|
I agree.
Didn't see the interview, but it sounds like the half sister is looking to get into the spotlight to me.
A close family member should never make a statement of that type.

Bonochick said:

I am thinking the same thing.

(AP) -- The death of Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son was termed "suspicious" by the coroner's office Wednesday, and a formal inquiry that could lead to criminal charges has been scheduled.

Authorities said at least one other person was in the hospital room when Daniel Wayne Smith died Sunday while visiting his mother, a reality TV star and former Playboy playmate, three days after she gave birth to a baby girl.

The person was not a member of the hospital staff, Reginald Ferguson, assistant commissioner of the Royal Bahamian Police Force, told The Associated Press.

He refused to reveal the person's identity, saying he did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

Her Majesty's Coroner Linda P. Virgill scheduled the inquest for the week of October 23, saying it "is the right course of action."

If jurors at the inquest decide a crime took place, the case would be sent to the attorney general's office, authorities said.

"Whenever there is a suspicious death we would have an inquest to determine how the person died," Bradley Neely, chief inspector of the coroner's office, told AP Television News.

The inquest would be open to the public, Virgill said.

She said authorities believe they know what killed Smith, but were awaiting a toxicology report to confirm the findings. She declined to disclose details but said there was no sign of physical injury to Smith.

"I can confirm that there was definitely a third person in the room at the time of death and I do know who that person is," Virgill said. "But I am unwilling to reveal that information at this time for various reasons."

Police were reconstructing Smith's steps since his arrival Saturday in the Bahamas, Ferguson said.

He told the AP that no drug paraphernalia or traces of illegal drugs were found on Daniel Smith, in the hospital room or near the room.

Police believe Smith went directly to Doctors Hospital in Nassau, where his mother was, after flying in to the Bahamas, Ferguson said.

Huh? What does that mean? "suspicious" and a "3rd party in the room"

Are they suggesting that drugs did not play a factor?

Numb1075 said:
Huh?

Are they suggesting that drugs did not play a factor?

That is what they said on ET. No drugs were found in his system, but they know how he died, they just aren't saying.:shrug:

I'm really intrigued (in a morbid/sad way).

A 20 year old dies, drugs not suspected, and a 3rd person in the room.....whom the authorities won't identify......sounds like the game/movie "Clue"

Reuters is reporting who the 3rd person in the room was:

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage3

Anna Nicole Smith tried to revive dead son
Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:35pm ET

By John Marquis
NASSAU, Bahamas (Reuters) - Anna Nicole Smith tried frantically to revive her 20-year-old son even after he had been pronounced dead by officials at the Bahamas hospital where the former Playboy centerfold had given just days before, her attorney said on Wednesday.
Moreover, she was so traumatized by the sudden death on Sunday morning of Daniel Smith, which local authorities have termed "suspicious," that she experienced memory loss, and had to be reminded of what had happened, according to a statement from Michael Scott.
Mother and son, along with her longtime attorney and spokesman Howard Stern, had spent Saturday night together in Smith's room at Doctors Hospital in Nassau, where the reality TV star was recovering from the birth of a daughter last Thursday.
When Smith noticed, about 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, that Daniel did not appear to be breathing, she awoke Stern, who checked his pulse and immediately summoned hospital personnel.
"Unfortunately, despite their best efforts, the medical staff was not able to revive Daniel," Scott said. "Even after Daniel had been pronounced dead, Anna Nicole and Howard frantically continued resuscitation efforts."
Smith was sedated and quickly taken from the hospital, the statement said. She was so shaken up, that she experienced memory loss.
"It was necessary for Howard to tell Anna again that Daniel had passed away," Scott said.
Autopsy and toxicology reports will be withheld until the October 23 inquest when they will be introduced as evidence, Coroner Linda Virgill said at a news conference Wednesday.
The coroner described the death as "suspicious" because it was sudden and because of Daniel's age, but cautioned that the scheduling of an inquest did not necessarily mean foul play was suspected.............

I haven't been following this too far. Is Howard Stern the baby's daddy in addition to being Anna-Nicole's attorney/spokesperson?

Last edited:
no, he is not the father.

Another quote from another article said that Anna was overheard screaming "You did this to him !!" It's not known who she was yelling at. However, Stern is the one being mentioned at the 3rd party in the room.

I found this perusing another website...

The "suspicious" death of Anna Nicole Smith's son is about to get more complicated!

According to new reports:

- Other hospital patients overheard Anna Nicole Smith "screaming loudly and blaming someone" for her son's collapse about 9 a.m. - 38 minutes before hospital officials say a nurse was called to the room and attempts were made to revive Daniel.

- The ex-reality show star was heard screaming, "You caused this!" to the third person who was present in the room.

- The identity of third person in the room remains a mystery.

- Some are describing the male as a "boyfriend" of Anna Nicole Smith's, but it was not her ex-flame Larry Birkhead, who is rumored to be is the father of her baby.

- Michael Scott, an attorney for Anna Nicole Smith, said the third person in the hospital room was Howard K. Stern, another Smith lawyer.

- A possible overdose was suspected in Daniel Smith's death. But no illegal drugs or paraphernalia were found on his body or at the scene.

- The body had no apparent physical injuries, and an autopsy ruled out heart attack and other natural causes of death.

The toxicology / autopsy results should be known any day now.

I heard on TV tonite about the 3rd person in the room and that it was the attorney Stern. It's all very sketchy to me. Why did she give birth in the Bahamas? Did she go there for a reason? Ana and her son were so close and she and her life just seems so strange, would he have been the baby's daddy? Hmmmmm.....

"Drugs were not found on him"....I think that means like in his pockets etc.

that doesn't mean they weren't in him

Carek1230 said:
I heard on TV tonite about the 3rd person in the room and that it was the attorney Stern. It's all very sketchy to me. Why did she give birth in the Bahamas? Did she go there for a reason? Ana and her son were so close and she and her life just seems so strange, would he have been the baby's daddy? Hmmmmm.....

She's a legal resident of the Bahamas and planned on living there after the baby was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom