An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart/Out Of Control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
Does anyone else LOVE this little song trio? I actually didn't appreciate it for ages, because I usually am doing other things as U2 plays in the background, but I had Boy on and paid attention, and I love how these three especially seem to blend into one another, and it's like a mini-journey, as well. From the sort of almost creepy vibe of uncertainty in An Cat Dubh, and then rather introspective (in my opinion) Into The Heart which just flows on, and then Out Of Control seems to be an explosion of the thoughtfulness self-restraint showed in the previous two, while still retaining that anxiety.

If that makes sense, I'll be amazed. :) But I really like it.

I love how the two combine... An Cat Dubh is an eerie song, that fades in and out, like when Bono sings "Say goodnight, she waits for me to turn out the light" I picture the darkness and some light, and then they go into "Into The Heart" it reminds me of being in a place like a beach, and the way it plays it wants to take you back to your youth, a very good soothing tune, and then after it fades out... BAM Out of Control... its a really good pick me up, the drumming from the end of Into the Heart straight into Out Of Control is out of this world.

good on ya, chickadee

flows perfectly and they're three fantastic tunes. An Cat is by far my favorite Boy tune

I ADORE those togethar :love: :heart: :bow: :combust:

The whole thing gives me tingles all over when i listen to them!!

The only minor problem I have with that trio is after 3 minutes where soft drumming and a bass line, Out of Control's first 10 seconds or so are the same. That annoys me, but otherwise, it is a great little trio. Deserving to be mentioned along with WtSHNN/ISHFWILF/WoWY and Ultra Violet, Acrobat and Love is Blindness.

COBL_04 said:
The only minor problem I have with that trio is after 3 minutes where soft drumming and a bass line, Out of Control's first 10 seconds or so are the same. That annoys me, but otherwise, it is a great little trio. Deserving to be mentioned along with WtSHNN/ISHFWILF/WoWY and Ultra Violet, Acrobat and Love is Blindness.

those three have always been among my favorite trios...

also of note:

Promenade/4th of July/Bad
Velvet Dress/Please/Wake Up Dead Man

I must agree... it's a great trio. But I must admit that Into the Heart means nothing to me... it's only the waiting for Out of Control, one of my favourite U2 songs :)

So agree! These guys are the masters of the mix!!!!!!!!
Another one that gets me everytime is Please right before Streets.

Back
Top Bottom