Am I too old to buy a concert T-shirt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't care what age you are if you are a fan - then it is cool
it's the people who have no earthly idea what songs are even on War (or a Ramones album for that matter) that wear concert/band shirts that make me mad:mad:

I am 44, still have the U/F tour shirt from Dec 84. It has shrunk to the size of my wife, (petite). When we atended the June 25th Dublin show, I had her wear it It was great to see the looks from the crowd as to where that came from. I of course bought two more shirts..yea I wear outside of work...never too old I guess.

Salty, you are never too old. My only rules are "DON'T BE THAT GUY". You can't be the guy wearing the shirt of the band that you are going to see to the concert. Also if you are tailgating in the venue parking lot, then you can not listen to a cd of the band that you are about to see. The rules are simple. If you need more explanation then check out the movie PCU. Jeremy Piven goes over the rules.

:wave:

jackman said:
Salty, you are never too old. My only rules are "DON'T BE THAT GUY". You can't be the guy wearing the shirt of the band that you are going to see to the concert. Also if you are tailgating in the venue parking lot, then you can not listen to a cd of the band that you are about to see. The rules are simple. If you need more explanation then check out the movie PCU. Jeremy Piven goes over the rules

No way! I always like listening to the band I'm going to see before the show. And really what's wrong with wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? It's the same as wearing the jersey of the team you're going to see. I'm gonna be "THAT GUY" in every sense of the word.:wink:

This thread killed me....
I admit I have worn my concert tees to work! That's almost all I've worn, plus jeans. I'm 30 and will continue to wear my tees w/pride. Just a little less often. I had bought a program, thinking that I would make a tee from the images. Well I'll just buy one at MSG. (laaaaaazy!)

I am 21, but I wouldn't wear a U2 shirt in public - not oen that said U2 or had any reference to the tour dates - I dunno why - I am not particularly fashion conious but it would feel weird.

I wouldn't mind one of the Vertigo symbol shirts that Bono wears* (but I don't think they sell those anyway) - in the end I didn't buy one because the stalls were busy or there was never one near me anyway...

*Which has a similar design to Ben Sherman shirts in the UK so a lot of people owuld probably think it's that anyway

Chizip said:
id say someone born in 72 is probably too old to be using the internet too

:huh: what the hell??

I see all these 30-45 year old men and women in their gorgeous U2-shirts (from -82 and such) and get all jealous. I feel like I'm too young to wear them, haha :wink:

< keeps looking in on this thread to check if anyone as old as me still wears U2 T shirts. Must go and transfer them to jim-jam drawer. (peels U2 sticker off laptop before she goes) :lol:

TOO OLD?!!!....i would say your never too old to wear what you like!
So buy one if it makes you happy and wear it proudly! :)

I'm 31 and you can bet that i will be buying a U2 shirt..come November :wink:

I bought one, and by that I mean three, (but I'm 17) and I wear mine a lot. They're really comfortable and are made well and fit me well so :shrug: I haven't bought one with concert dates etc. though, just the more stylistic (?) ones.

ShellBeThere said:
Like one with the symbols and no other stuff (the girls get more options in that regard often, what with the 'cleaner' babydoll models),

Yea, I really wish they had the symbol shirt w/out the dates on the back.

I'm not a big fan of all the dates of the tour on shirts. However, I like when bands (like Pearl Jam) have customized shirts for each city. Thats always cool.

On that note, anyone know where I can find the ZooTV/Zooropa/POPMart shirts with the 3 symbol motif on the front?

amerrydeath said:
I bought one, and by that I mean three, (but I'm 17) and I wear mine a lot. They're really comfortable and are made well and fit me well so :shrug: I haven't bought one with concert dates etc. though, just the more stylistic (?) ones.

Its seems they have changed the brand of shirt since first leg (I think it was hanes or something) they were very stiff and too long. The shirt I got the other day is sooo much softer and fits better. I love it..

edited to add a picture :)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/387088/Picture015.jpg

Last edited:
mo786 said:
I am 21, but I wouldn't wear a U2 shirt in public - not oen that said U2 or had any reference to the tour dates - I dunno why - I am not particularly fashion conious but it would feel weird.

I wouldn't mind one of the Vertigo symbol shirts that Bono wears* (but I don't think they sell those anyway) - in the end I didn't buy one because the stalls were busy or there was never one near me anyway...

*Which has a similar design to Ben Sherman shirts in the UK so a lot of people owuld probably think it's that anyway

I am 24 and have no problem wearing my U2 shirts in public. I also have Bowie, Springsteen, and OMD shirts that I also wear in public. I love them too much to have them sit on my closet. :wink:

i haven't read a single response to the title.

if you never where a t shirt then it's probably not cool, but if you ever where a t shirt, what's cooler then sporting a U2 t shirt? Seriously, it's so hip to wear a U2 t shirt poser's do, but if you like U2, that'll show through.

lol *that rhymed*

Carek1230 said:
I'm 48 and I wear U2 and other t-shirts all the time. You're never too old! :rockon:

:applaud:

OK, Im going out on a limb here.... but the fact is I'm 49. I bought a shirt in Chicago in May, and I've worn it for exactly 1 hour. Not that I wouldn't wear it in public - but it's so special that I dont want to just wear it anywhere. It has to be the right place, and I guess that place hasn't come up yet. I do plan to buy another in Pittsburgh in a week and a half...(OH MY GOD ITS ALMOST HERE!!!!!) and probably another in Cleveland in Dec.

Carek1230 said:
:applaud: Awesome! I take better care of my U2 shirts than I do the others. It only makes sense! Glad to hear there are others "out there in U2 land" our age! :hug:

LOL! you're not one of the ladies in the Anaheim picture thread are you Carek? Maybe we should have a special section for 'the older fan' on Interferece. That'll be 2 of us posting.

:wink:

No no no no that's not me in that picture! In 20 years maybe, but not now! Noooooooo........I do like my t-shirts tho, and I wear them proudly. I love U2! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
No no no no that's not me in that picture! In 20 years maybe, but not now! Noooooooo........I do like my t-shirts tho, and I wear them proudly. I love U2! :wink:

Did you get an Interference t shirt? They are really nice!

I posted this in another thread and thought it might be appropriate here...

olderBonofans.jpg

Back
Top Bottom