Adam's housekeeper's fraud trial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Independent are considered a bit of a gutter rag in Ireland, but they have generally been quite fair to U2.

Adam's partying days are long since over, but I think that comes as no surprise to anyone on this board!

He objected with defence counsel that Ms Hawkins became "indentured to him as a bond servant"

jeesus... people say the stupidest things sometimes...

i hope Adam's case is successful! that's a horrible breach of trust!

"I met him once, in an amazing hotel suite in Barcelona on the eve of U2's last tour. The former wild man of rock was one of the stillest, most centred people it was ever my discomfort to sit with."

"At a time when celebrities expend an enormous amount of energy convincing us they are just like the rest of us and we shouldn't envy them, Adam Clayton pulled off an extraordinary feat. Not only did we not envy him, we actually felt slightly sorry for him and his odd life. He was just like us, only less so."

HOW INCREDIBLY TASTELESS AND CRUDE.

Calling this a "rag" is being kind. What a sad person this writer is.

Clayton has found peace in his life and being called dull for it.

As*hole.

financeguy said:
! I hope the fraud has not left him penniless.

Your joking arent you the money these guys have is unreal. He would need to be robbed more then oncec to leave him penniless

I think it's also about her calloused betrayal of Adam's trust after he was so generous to her for all those years besides being about the actual theft.

Adam Clayton former PA gets 7 years for theft of €2.8m - Courts, National News - Independent.ie

Based on the judge's statements about her, it doesn't sound like she was very sorry for what she did. Adam might not have missed the money that went missing, but I bet it hurts a little to find out someone he trusted so much has been taking advantage of him. I know I'd be really upset if I was in his place.

The sentence is relatively tough by the standards of Irish law. The judge's assessment that she did not display remorse would certainly have made a difference.

Considering Adam's past and personality, I am sure that he had his one or two hits with this one too.

Nah, Adam's status and debonair looks allow him an endless supply of girls who are unarguably knock-outs. Like perfect 10 knock-outs :wink:

Back
Top Bottom