Adam has become a real showman!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Adam always had the moves, like the way he holds his bass sometimes (kinda of reminds me of how keith Richards holds his guitar), and always tried a few things here and there but he never really seemed to have much charisma as a performer (at least not like Bono or Edge), it never seemed to come naturally to him. However I think this has changed a lot on this tour. I was watching th Sao Paulo show again and Adam seems to be much more confident on stage and his showman abilities seem to come much more natural, it doesn't look like he is just trying something, it looks like he knows what he is doing and he knows it works. He has more presence on stage now than he ever did. And it's not just the usual things he does on stage or the extra smiles.

I'm not just talking about him walking around the catwalk during New Year's Day, there is a particular moment on Beautiful Day, for exemple, during the bridge in a moment that he doesn't play where he just raises his bass up and looks at the crowd. He looks straight into their eyes at many moments and just plays to them. And at many times without that grin like he's a bit embarrassed. There is another moment during Streets where he just plays with Bono (for the kiss, which Adam btw seems to push for) and another one during LAPOE where he plays with Edge (when it's just both of them there).

It's an extra confidence in himself that has made him much more enjyable to watch. He has become a much more natural showman and to me, at least, U2 seems to be this time around more complete on stage and even more interesting to watch, something that I did not think was possible. Thank you very much Adam! :up:

Am I the only one who feels like this?

I got to be in front of Adam in the ellipse for a show and it was the best time I've had at any of them. He spent a lot of time at the edge of the stage, interacting with us - smiling, laughing, posing for pictures.. I think maybe he realizes now the reactions he can get out of the crowd(especially the females ;)) by doing little things like that and is playing into it more. It seems also that he's more confident and content in his life in general and that's translating into the way he is on stage. :yes:

That self-confidence class really paid off :wink:

Adam has been the real showman this tour. During ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation he was really to himself. Except during MW, he is always moving on that number.

:adam: + Vertigo Tour= :ohmy:

I am so happy that Adam is getting the love he deserves!!:love:
This is making me so excited about Hawaii!:up:

I think someone else on Interference said this first...Adam seems very comfortable with himself, and it shows big time on this tour. It has been a real treat to see him walk the catwalk, and he's been loudly cheered whenever he does so.

And as an "Adam girl," I couldn't be happier about that!

In Santiago Adam walked toward us in the catwalk like in 5 or 6 songs, he was smiling and giving us "winks" all the time, even my brother touched his bass!!!!

el_milagro said:
In Santiago Adam walked toward us in the catwalk like in 5 or 6 songs, he was smiling and giving us "winks" all the time, even my brother touched his bass!!!!
Wow, that's awesome :) I thought I saw him pointing his bass down towards the audience in a few videos. It's a wonder no one grabs it and pulls him down with it :lol:

kafrun said:

Wow, that's awesome :) I thought I saw him pointing his bass down towards the audience in a few videos. It's a wonder no one grabs it and pulls him down with it :lol:

They're not super heavy but not that light either. ;) Well the one I have isn't that heavy but I can imagine the higher-end ones weighing a bit more.

I've come to the conclusion he's gotta be the strongest member of the band, considering the instrument he's been playing all these years. I know someone who got to hold that space bass of his from the Popmart tour, said it's really really heavy.

Edge followed closely. How he does that pogo thing while having an electric guitar slung around his body...strong fella.

Carmelu2fan said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I would have been freaking out if I was that close to him:faint:
I WAS that close to him in Buffalo(Because you know.. I haven't mentioned it enough times) :wink:
I just wasn't the Adam girl I am now yet. That night made me an Adam girl though :yes:

kafrun said:

I WAS that close to him in Buffalo(Because you know.. I haven't mentioned it enough times) :wink:
I just wasn't the Adam girl I am now yet. That night made me an Adam girl though :yes:

Ah yes, Sir Clayton has that effect on many women.:giggle:
I screamed my head off every time he came around the ellipse. He looked at me and I froze:ohmy:
He laughed and winked:wink:

:combust:

Carmelu2fan said:

Ah yes, Sir Clayton has that effect on many women.:giggle:
I screamed my head off every time he came around the ellipse. He looked at me and I froze:ohmy:
He laughed and winked:wink:

:combust:
Oh I know that feeling. The fact that I was jumping up and down and screaming his name accomplished what I wanted it to when he looked at me, but then I'd just turn into this :reject: I figured out pretty quickly that a smile or a wink would be a better response(and would get one in return) :lol::combust:

Yeah, I feel like I blew it ....I wish I had given him a :flirt: or even better :sexywink: but instead I just totally freeze up.:ohmy: I am such a dork when it comes to cool ass Ads. I am so glad some one eles shares my pain.

Carmelu2fan said:
Yeah, I feel like I blew it ....I wish I had given him a :flirt: or even better :sexywink: but instead I just totally freeze up.:ohmy: I am such a dork when it comes to cool ass Ads. I am so glad some one eles shares my pain.
:hug: Perhaps we'll get our chance in Hawaii? :hmm:

OMG!!! Are you going to Hawaii too?!
I am going to try my best to be cool :cool:
I also do not want to embrasss my friends who are uber cool already:shifty: To bad they are both Bono girls... I would love to have another Adam girl by my side. :hmm: Perhaps a sign is in order, that would get his attention.

Carmelu2fan said:
OMG!!! Are you going to Hawaii too?!
I am going to try my best to be cool :cool:
I also do not want to embrasss my friends who are uber cool already:shifty: To bad they are both Bono girls... I would love to have another Adam girl by my side. :hmm: Perhaps a sign is in order, that would get his attention.
I HOPE I'm going to Hawaii! I can't afford it on my own, but luckily it's right around my birthday, so I'm hoping enough (nagging, begging, pleading) persuasion of family members will get me there as a birthday present. It'll be the big 2-5 after all. That + U2 + Hawaii + Mr. Clayton up close = :love: I should know in a couple of weeks :hyper:

:ohmy: Take up a second job!!!(my Ga buddie did) DO what ever you can...get your arse there!! It is well worth it...(I know Hawaii is very expensive though)
But if you do not make it...:sigh: I know this is not there last tour and you will be better prepared to go the next time around.

Back
Top Bottom