2012 AFL Thread III - Why Do We Even Bother With Our Stupid Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably tip GWS for next week's game, considering they've got two wins to Gold Coast's one... but it'll be one of the few chances Gold Coast have had to get a win. Although this week they had a pretty good chance too, and blew it.

Losing to a depleted Essendon team. Fuck my life.

See above re: we'll somehow blow it. You've got two and a half quarters yet!

I'll probably tip GWS for next week's game, considering they've got two wins to Gold Coast's one... but it'll be one of the few chances Gold Coast have had to get a win. Although this week they had a pretty good chance too, and blew it.

I think I'll tip Gold Coast, since its their home game. They don't seem to travel well much of the time (unless it's to Cairns to play Richmond, apparently!), and the margin this week against Melbourne wasn't completely embarrassing to them. I think they'll pick up for a home game. Meanwhile GWS had a fair bit of occasion riding on it being Sheedy's 1,000th, and Port were just demoralised and dismal ... probably the loss began before the first bounce, when the Power merrily assembled to help form a guard of honour for Sheeds when he came out and tore through a ceremonial banner. I'm surprised they agreed to that. Yes, roll out the red carpet for the opposition coach, that's exactly the way to get into the right mindset for a must-win game.

I think I'll tip Gold Coast, since its their home game. They don't seem to travel well much of the time (unless it's to Cairns to play Richmond, apparently!), and the margin this week against Melbourne wasn't completely embarrassing to them. I think they'll pick up for a home game. Meanwhile GWS had a fair bit of occasion riding on it being Sheedy's 1,000th, and Port were just demoralised and dismal ... probably the loss began before the first bounce, when the Power merrily assembled to help form a guard of honour for Sheeds when he came out and tore through a ceremonial banner. I'm surprised they agreed to that. Yes, roll out the red carpet for the opposition coach, that's exactly the way to get into the right mindset for a must-win game.

I thought that was a nice touch, but probably not the best for their pre-game mindset, no.

Fair points... I might just leave that game up to the coin.

And heeere's the comeback.

Time for me to head out to Mark Gardener's gig. Even if the Bombers blow this, nothing can stop tonight being awesome.

That was way too epic for me to handle. Way too epic. Essendon put in their best match in quite a while with so many outs. We weathered the storm. Wowee.

Thank you, Adelaide.

They let the fans have a kick on the ground after the MCC vs Gold Coast match. Should be done more frequently.

intedomine said:
Thank you, Adelaide.

They let the fans have a kick on the ground after the MCC vs Gold Coast match. Should be done more frequently.

I don't think they should ever have stopped doing that.

So you're telling me Essendon lo-

IIIII DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TRUUUUUTH

Thank you, Mark Gardener.

Also Paul Roos is really destroying his credibility by commentating on football matches. All he ever does is continuously whine about either team if Sydney are not playing.

I want Mick Malthouse and Leigh Matthews to commentate a game together one of these days. You just know it'll come to blows.

Maybe one day they'll clone Dwayne Russell and then that will be the last day we'll ever live.

Maybe one day they'll clone Dwayne Russell and then that will be the last day we'll ever live.

What's worse: nuclear winter or a clone of Dwayne Russell?

I'll take my chances with the nuclear winter.

How about Dwayne Russell commentating the nuclear winter?

>turns the heater on and/or mildly successful attempt to warm self
'That's as warm as it gets!'

I read that when Hocking coached a WAFL side he put the whole team in the backlines because they were getting thrashed and to teach them a 'lesson' and the opposition team kept on nailing goals from outside 50. :lol:

Used to do AFL on MMM about ten years ago. Super commentator.

Was doing VFL in '04 on ABC one afternoon and two hours later he was commentating handball for Ch7 at the Athens Olympics! He's a wonder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom