2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anaheim has a grass infield (unlike Rogers Centre's artificial surface), so the infield area in Anaheim (including the dirt area) will be blocked off.

Unfortunately, this means that there will be a large empty space between the back of the Field/GA and those fans sitting in the area behind home plate. Not exactly great for concert atmosphere.

???

wouldn't they just put down matting like they do....everywhere else?

I can't believe they are coming to MSU! I would have bet money they'd play at Ford Field or Comerica Park... But not complaining that they will play at my alma mater!!!! :dance:
I honestly think that U2 360 shows at college stadiums are some of the best on the tour so far. I'd expect it to be the same at Spartan Stadium next year.

I'd strongly suggest that people make it a point to try to catch a U2 show next year in East Lansing or some other college town that might get announced in the next few weeks.

Anaheim has a grass infield (unlike Rogers Centre's artificial surface), so the infield area in Anaheim (including the dirt area) will be blocked off.

Unfortunately, this means that there will be a large empty space between the back of the Field/GA and those fans sitting in the area behind home plate. Not exactly great for concert atmosphere.

Historically, U2 has not avoided the San Diego market on their tours.

There were no U2 shows in San Diego on the WAR TOUR and UNFORGETTABLE FIRE TOUR.

they better change up the setlist if i'm gonna go out of my way to see them again. and i don't mean change the encore from zoo station/fly to first time/stuck

I hope St Louis is one of the dates still to be announced.

(And there's no way U2 is only going to do 12 shows next year! I expect a bunch more places to get added.)

they better change up the setlist if i'm gonna go out of my way to see them again. and i don't mean change the encore from zoo station/fly to first time/stuck
there could very well be a new album out 6 months from now

that'd mean a ton of potential new songs! :applaud:

There's nothing worst than a ball park show where the infield is roped off and you end up sitting right behind the baseball diamond. I did this for a smaller ballpark this past summer and it felt lifeless. The show was amazing but the crowd was not into it because the band felt so far, far away. For those wondering it was Wilco in Lowell's LeLacheur Park. I saw The Police at Fenway and luckily I sat on the third base line, so I had people in front of me on the floor. But if I sat behind home plate or anywhere else it would have sucked.

i just noticed the u2.com dates says in italics "additional dates AND CITIES to be confirmed"

Well between the Europe dates and NA dates for the first and 2nd legs, they took 22 days off. Currently with the dates listed theres only 20 days in between. Doesnt sound like they will add any after the last show listed in NA before they move to Europe. There doesnt look to be enough days in between those dates to move to an entire different city.

yeah, East Rutherford will almost certainly be the end of the North American leg next year

I honestly think that U2 360 shows at college stadiums are some of the best on the tour so far. I'd expect it to be the same at Spartan Stadium next year.

I'd strongly suggest that people make it a point to try to catch a U2 show next year in East Lansing or some other college town that might get announced in the next few weeks.

Agreed. The one show I've been to this tour was in Raleigh, with my brother, an NC State freshman. It was a mindblowing concert and I hear that it was one of the best this tour. Despite finally being 21, it was also quite nice that nobody was spilling beer on anybody since the venue was dry. I'm totally in love with a concert at my school's stadium and already very glad that I'm a student here: Spartan Stadium is in the center of MSU's campus, so there aren't very many roads, so parking is gonna be even more of an nightmare than normal for most people but it won't be my nightmare. Also, it's an awesome place that can seat about 75k for football games, it's in the center of a very beautiful college campus, and we're one of the best party schools in the nation, which is generally embarrassing but means that we'll give the band everything we've got. I just hope tickets don't sell out too fast to this gem of a concert 'cause I don't have the money to waste on that U2.com presale business.

travel_aerial_2005H-Y_800.jpg

They could play the Yale Bowl in CT? Not likely but it would serve CT,RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME. 64,000 capacity as opposed to Gillette's 68,756.

Well between the Europe dates and NA dates for the first and 2nd legs, they took 22 days off. Currently with the dates listed theres only 20 days in between. Doesnt sound like they will add any after the last show listed in NA before they move to Europe. There doesnt look to be enough days in between those dates to move to an entire different city.

And keep in mind it looks like U2 will in fact begin the European leg on 4 August 2010 in Turin ... between that and a probable extra NYC gig on 20 July, that's not much of a gap at all to get the staging across the Atlantic.

Baseball teams are protective of their infield turf as much as they can be (football games notwithstanding).

As someone who worked on a groundscrew (of a field actually mentioned in this thread) I can attest to this. The infield is extremely difficult to take care of. Grass can be replaced, but when damage is done to the infield its almost impossible to fix. With the exception of groundscrew members or players, theres really no one else allowed to walk on the infield. Even before games everyone tried to stay clear. An owner once explained to me that with the amount of money they spend on players they view them as an investment and any outside source damagine the area they will be playing on needs to stay off limits to protect their investment.

So this means they wont be around the NE area until at least what, 2012? Thats if they even keep touring right? Looks like 2020 it is! :hyper:........:sad::sad:

Does anyone here still believe they'll announce more European dates?

That Zurich stage diagram is still on U2.com, last I checked, and the Italian dates remain on the cards. I don't think this North American announcement precludes the announcement of additional European shows at all.

How likely is it that they'd announce additional NA cities after tickets go on sale for these confirmed NA dates? I don't want to buy tickets for NY or Philly only to find out later that they're playing in my back yard (Gillette).:huh:

Does anyone here still believe they'll announce more European dates?

I think Turin, Zurich and perhaps 2nd nights in the shows still to go on sale, according to demand. Though this still leaves the relatively long gaps after Istanbul (Zurich?) and Brussels.

I wonder if the delay in announcing Zurich and no Vienna 2 as of yet are connected?

How likely is it that they'd announce additional NA cities after tickets go on sale for these confirmed NA dates? I don't want to buy tickets for NY or Philly only to find out later that they're playing in my back yard (Gillette).:huh:

In Europe, the Brussels show was announced after numerous gigs were already put on sale, and it looks like there may be a couple more cities yet to be announced. So yes, quite possible they may announce more North American cities after the first sales begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom