2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 19th, 2010 - Seattle, WA
July 17th and 18th, 2010 - Foxboro, MA
July 20th, 2010 - Philadelphia, PA
July 24th and 25th, 2010 - East Rutherford, NJ

I hope these are true!!!!!!

*marks mental calendar temporarily

This.

Don't know if I'd be able to go out west, but Foxboro is a definite. Philly and Jersey, maybe.

No dates for the Uk, not even vague rumours!!???!!

Not liking this much. :doh: :|

What are the odds of me seeing them in their hometown on my birthday this year and me seeing them in my home state on my birthday next year.

Please take time and sign this petition to bring U2 home for the European tour 2010 thank you . Bring U2 to Ireland 2010 Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

is there really a need for a petition right now? there's no doubt they'd go back to ireland. these dates were just announced, and u2 are announcing their tour piece by piece. i think a petition would be necessary once the whole tour was announced. it's probably already been booked, they just haven't come out with it yet.

What are the odds of me seeing them in their hometown on my birthday this year and me seeing them in my home state on my birthday next year.

Jesus christ, does anybody on this forum still need to be reminded when your birthday is?

Awesome news. U2 had only played in Finland twice before 2010, and now they're playing there twice on the one tour!

Awesome news. U2 had only played in Finland twice before 2010, and now they're playing there twice on the one tour!

2nd show in Finland possibly means no show in Oslo on the 18th

???

2nd show in Finland possibly means no show in Oslo on the 18th

???

Although it's unlikely Oslo gets a show on the 18th, I think it has nothing to do with the Finnish show. In theory it's still possible to have a show on the 18th...But great news for people in Finland!

I think Oslo's probably missing out this time around. The only "rumour" of Oslo (to my knowledge) was some guy's personal speculation of a show on the 17th, which was proven bollocks as soon as Horsens II was announced.

Not entirely sure WHY there probably won't be a gig, though. Oslo could sell out a show. Initially, it seemed logical - the usual venue U2 play in Oslo (Valle Hovin) isn't a tiered stadium, and all the available tiered stadiums aren't terribly big (and probably busy for soccer in August 2010). But Nice this year and the probable Zurich gig next year prove tiered stadiums are unnecessary, and Sheffield and Horsens proves the stadiums don't have to be huge.

Still, there are six Scandinavian gigs on 360 - double the amount on Vertigo.

I hope the rest of the dates will be announced soon. With Finland getting a second gig there is a higher possibility of Vienna getting a second one, too.

Does anyone know more about a Rome rumour. It's very quiet around possible Italian dates. Same counts for UK/Ireland and Netherlands...

8/06 Rome?
8/07 Rome?
8/10 Frankfurt
8/12 Hannover
8/15 Horsens
8/16 Horsens
8/18 ??
8/20 Helsinki
8/21 Helsinki
8/25 Moscow
8/26 Moscow?
8/30 Vienna
9/01 Zurich?
9/03 Athens
9/04 Athens?
9/06 Istanbul
9/07 Istanbul?
??? Tel Aviv?
9/15 Munich
9/18 Paris
9/22 Brussels
???
9/29 Seville
10/2 Coimbra

Does anyone know more about a Rome rumour. It's very quiet around possible Italian dates. Same counts for UK/Ireland and Netherlands...

8/06 Rome?
8/07 Rome?
8/10 Frankfurt
8/12 Hannover
8/15 Horsens
8/16 Horsens
8/18 ??
8/20 Helsinki
8/21 Helsinki
8/25 Moscow
8/26 Moscow?
8/30 Vienna
9/01 Zurich?
9/03 Athens
9/04 Athens?
9/06 Istanbul
9/07 Istanbul?
??? Tel Aviv?
9/15 Munich
9/18 Paris
9/22 Brussels
???
9/29 Seville
10/2 Coimbra

Nothing for the uk/ireland at the moment. Same for the Netherlands .

Be very suprised if there isn't a second Paris show announced (19th September) very soon.

Don't think there's going to be any UK dates this time round. Also think it's unlikely that there will be any Irish dates either as by the end of the tour we are into October, not the best time of year for an outdoor gig in Ireland.

Don't think there's going to be any UK dates this time round. Also think it's unlikely that there will be any Irish dates either as by the end of the tour we are into October, not the best time of year for an outdoor gig in Ireland.

Maybe they will wait till the end and then do the DVD Indoors in Cardiff lol!!!!:hmm:

but i doubt it!!

Looking at that schedule, there's only two possible locations for Dutch dates. Either before the German dates, aka instead of the Rome rumours, or Between Brussels and Seville. I'm not very hopeful right now though.

Okay, so here's my schedule, for what it's worth:

August 7: Rome
August 10: Frankfurt
August 12: Hannover
August 15: Horsens
August 16: Horsens
August 18: Oslo
August 20: Helsinki
August 21: Helsinki
August 25: Moscow
August 28: Prague
August 30: Vienna
September 3: Athens
September 6: Instanbul
September 9: Tel Aviv
September 13: Zurich
September 15: Munchen
September 18: Paris
September 21: Brussel
September 22: Brussel
September 24: Lyon
September 27: Madrid
September 29: Sevilla
October 2: Coimbra
October 6: Dublin
October ?: Belfast

So I believe Rome will happen, as well as Oslo, Prague, Zurich, Lyon and Madrid. I wouldn't even be surprised if Rome would get two dates. Same for Madrid (26th)

And I don't believe St Petersburg and Budapest are going to happen.
About Tel Aviv I have strong doubts, but I included it in the schedule for benefit of the doubt sake.

As a Dutch citizen, I doubt there'll be a date in the Netherlands.
And I even think a 2nd date in Brussel is more likely than a 2nd Paris, for Brussel is easy accessible from both France and the Netherlands and also because Lyon is rumoured as well. Then again: perhaps even a second date in both Brussel AND Paris (17th) seem possible to me.

I know there are some 'gaps' in the schedule above, but come on, the band needs a break too. Same happens in the current leg.

Personally, I believe in the following schedule, though I have no inside sources or anything. So don't take it too officially

O wait, I almost forgot: I do believe in those Irish dates (despite all the weather pessimism here on the forum), based on the news that the U2 tour crew had booked hotels in Dublin.

Jesus christ, does anybody on this forum still need to be reminded when your birthday is?

This comment really isn't neccesary and I'm taking it as a personal attack. You don't know me or what my birthdays have been like in the past, so maybe you should think before posting something obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom