(08-23-2006) Be the Cause – Walk for Hope 2006 -- African Well Fund*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Be the Cause – Walk for Hope 2006

The African Well Fund is pleased to announce that we will participating in Be the Cause’s Walk for Hope 2006. The event takes place on September 23, 2006 at El Dorado East Regional Park in Long Beach, CA from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The walk is a truly unique event. The 5 kilometer route is lined with hundreds of inspirational quotes. The route also features several interactive activity stations designed to educate, build compassion and inspire. In addition, the walk is entirely free, complete with free t-shirts, free snacks and live entertainment.

The walk presents a couple of different ways to support AWF. First, you can register to walk on our team. There is no registration fee for the walk but participants are offered the opportunity to make a donation to the charity of their choice when registering. Just select African Well Fund from the list when registering.

The Walk for Hope also offers the opportunity to gather additional donations for AWF by getting others to sponsor your walk. You can find a detailed guide to fundraising here.

If you are unable to make the event but would still like to participate, you can sponsor one of our team members. Just click here to view the AWF team.

AWF will also have an informational booth at the walk.
For more information about the walk, to join our team of walkers or to volunteer please email Annette Quintero at aquintero@africanwellfund.org

We hope to see many of our Southern California supporters at the walk. It is a wonderful, inspiring way to help provide HOPE to the people of Africa.

For more information on the African Well Fund, visit www.africanwellfund.org.

--African Well Fund

*bump*

Tomorrow (Saturday) is the walk and AWF will have a booth as well. Come by and say hi if you are in the Long Beach area! If you want to walk, please email me tonight at oktobergirl@yahoo.com so we can hook up before 9am when it starts. or meet us at the start up line. Look for AWF shirts :)

Here is a link to the info:
http://www.bethecause.org/walk/?location=home

Walk For Hope 2006

The Walk for Hope on September 23, 2006 at El Dorado East Regional Park in Long Beach, CA is unlike any walk-a-thon you have ever experienced. The purpose of the entire event is to spread more love in the world.

Along the entire 5 kilometer walk route are hundreds of inspiring quotes... all of them hand-made. You can also expect to find interactive activity stations placed along the walk route.

What's more is that it is entirely free with free snacks, free T-shirt, and live entertainment. The Walk for Hope is our gift to you.

The Walk for Hope can also be used as an opportunity to raise funds for your favorite charity. Just list the name of the charity when you register and follow the instructions. Here is a list of charities that we recommend.

Register Now!
Date: September 23, 2006
Times: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Distance: 5 Kilometers (3 Miles)
Location: El Dorado East Regional Park, 7550 East Spring Street, Long Beach, CA [map]
Registration Fee: The entire walk is free. You have the option of making a donation to a non-profit organization of your choice when you register.

Live Entertainment at the Walk includes:
- Milele - A contemporary ensemble from Kenya
- International Peace Choir
- Laker Girls Warm Up
- David McQue
- Danny McGaw

*The walk is wheelchair accessible. Dogs are welcome on the walk.

Be the Cause will not retain any of the proceeds raised from this event. Be the Cause is a volunteer-run organization and the walk is paid for entirely by its volunteers.

:applaud: This sounds like a really well planned event and I hope it goes really well. Good luck, post pictures! I wish I was closer to Long Beach, but I donate to AWF and Build a Well for Bono's Birthday every year, so I feel I've done my small part.

Back
Top Bottom