(05-29-2004) U2 Honor Bono's Late Father - Rolling Stone*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Honor Bono's Late Father
"Tough" targeted for U2's tenth album

U2 have recorded "Tough," a tribute to singer Bono's father who passed away in 2001, for their tenth album, which they hope to finish this summer for a fall release.

Among the other new tracks to be featured on the follow-up to 2000's Grammy-winning All That You Can't Leave Behind is "Full Metal Jacket," which Bono describes as "the mother of all rock tunes."

The band began recording in Dublin last year with producer Chris Thomas (Sex Pistols, Paul McCartney); in February, Steve Lillywhite, who recorded U2's early records, took over.

"The record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2," Bono added. "It's driven by a guitar player who's sick of the sight of me shaking hands with dodgy politicians."

U2 plan to kick off a world tour in Miami in March 2005.

-AUSTIN SCAGGS

Thanks to Regina O'Numb!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6072061&pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

Last edited:
Is this for real this time? We've heard that 'tough' rumor so many times it's become a joke. :sigh:

Rolling Stone is pretty credible, and with the band telling them so, it's a toss up now with print confirmation, but we might also lose the songs in the final mixing process. Hard to tell, chica. :shrug:

You know something, I think "Tough" would be a great album title for this band at this time. They've been through 28 years together, with many, many ups and downs, and they've got the grey hair and wrinkles to show for it. These are four tough, grown up men who've survived and excelled in a very tough business. I could easily live with that as the new album title.:yes:
Tough, by U2.

all rumors are rycled until something official is said by the band. How many times have we been hearing about Guns N' Roses coming out with a new album? We know better than to hear a direct quote from say a press conference.

The orginal article in the print version of RS mentioned the song title "tough" but not the album itself - still it is good to see rumors printed in a cred. magazine - even if they (the rumors) have been circulating around the internet for months, if not longer. The tour news is nice:applaud:

biff said:
You know something, I think "Tough" would be a great album title for this band at this time. They've been through 28 years together, with many, many ups and downs, and they've got the grey hair and wrinkles to show for it. These are four tough, grown up men who've survived and excelled in a very tough business. I could easily live with that as the new album title.:yes:
Tough, by U2.

I agree. It's amazing when it's so easy to burn out in that business.

ya these quotes are old, nothing new here. They even brought up "Full Metal Jacket", and hasn't that been changed over to the title "Native Son" anyway?

Yep, it's all pretty old hat as far as I can work out - although I totally agree that 'tough' would be a grand title. Can anyone think of a band that have survived longer than U2 (+25 years) with their original line-up still intact?

Back
Top Bottom