(05-27-2004) Bono, The Edge Rock With Sinatra - ArrowFM*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono, The Edge Rock With Sinatra

Nearly ten years ago, U2 frontman Bono and American icon Frank Sinatra were seen hanging out together like two drunks in a Bowery bar. Actually, Bono not only presented the lifetime achievement award to Sinatra at the Grammys, but also recorded a song with the maestro on his duets album. Rumor also has it that Sinatra and Bono would go rounds trying to drink each other under the table (Sinatra reportedly won). Legendary tales aside, there's probably no doubt that the two singers had a rapport folks could only speculate on. Everyone except for Frank's daughter, Nancy, of course, who recently invited Bono and U2 guitarist The Edge to appear on her forthcoming album, To Nancy, With Love. The album will hit stores late summer or early fall. The daughter of the legendary troubadour will croon "Two Shots of Happy" with the Irish rockers, who originally wrote the song for Ol' Blue Eyes himself. "It's a little difficult emotionally because this is about Dad, but it's a bang-on description of him," Nancy said in a statement. Others expected to make an appearance on the album include Elvis Costello, Steven Van Zandt, Pete Yorn and Jon Spencer. Here's looking at you kid!

http://www.arrowfm.com/grapevine/stories/05-27bono.shtml

Thanks to Regina O'Numb!

She should have invited Adam and Larry too not only she then could say she did a track with U2 on her new album but it would have been a classier move. Adam and Larry make any song better.

Two Shots of happy...it is one of my fav songs!!
It amazing how it talks about someone that can be satisfied with what he has...not complaining!! We all should be like that!! Many people loose their time complainign about everything...letting the truly good things pass them by!! That's something that taught me a lesson!!! :)

WOW! my_kite, I thought that song was about Bono fred up with his music career! Have I got it inside out?! lol. :wink: That is a very good lesson! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom