(03-08-2006) Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed. - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am sitting here reading all the messages and everytime i get chills and goosebumps allover because of all the compassion and love you feel for this special band! i mean, they give me so much in every way with their music, words and performances... every day!
So i send them all my love and thoughts - and i really sense this on the postings for this topic that everyone does this. health and love/loved-ones really are the most important things in life. materialistic things are so NOT important in such matters.

I also want to add my prayers. And well wishes....

dabiggestu2fan said it perfectly. We will all be always be here!

The important thing right now. Is that the "ill family member." Gets better. U2, take all of the time you need......we'll be here for you!

Thoughts and prayers to all members and their families. I hope you feel the love and support of this GIANT U2 family! :hug:

Re: Re: Re: AUSTRALIAN FAN - DEVASTATED

fly so high! said:

For !@#$ sake! Can't anyone be allowed to express themselves here, when was it the last time you saw them,huh!........if you don't like what some people have posted keep it to yourself....i know maybe thats what i should have done with your post.....but Christ, i've just about had enough of fans (some that have already seen U2 on this tour) chastizing other fans......GET KNOTTED!!!!

Oh, come on. Give me a fucking break.

It's not about someone "expressing themselves". It's about someone bitching that they have to wait a whole other couple months to see the band, when someone very close to a band member is gravely ill.

I'm sure U2 didn't want or plan for this to happen. They aren't doing this to jip Australian fans out of a show or two. The decision to postpone was probably well-thought out and carefully discussed at length before the decision was made. Considering the lengths that U2 have gone to to perform every night on a consistent basis (Bono having to take oxygen during set breaks of Popmart just so that he could sing, for example), we know that this HAS to be quite serious for them to postpone an entire leg of the tour.

The fact that someone has the sense of entitlement that they should be so upset that the band has to postpone a show for a couple of months because a family member is that ill is disappointing. I'm aware that he or she later in the post expressed best wishes for the ill person, that's fine. I'm not upset at them, just sort of disappointed that they put their desire to see the show above the band's desire to be with a sick family member.

Christ, it's only a couple more months. I waited 8 full years to see a show too (became a fan in '97 and saw my first show in '05), so I know what it's like to wait. But in a situation like this, I find it difficult to understand how anyone can fault anyone associated with the band for postponing the show.

But hey, that's just my opinion. :shrug:

The anger wasn't appreciated, BTW.

question

Mr_Boingy said:
Yes, best wishes to whomever is ill.

From a purely selfish fan point of view, it's very disappointing (I'm sure it's ok to point out one's disappointment).

I wonder if it will be possible to re-arrange my £2,500 holiday (from UK to Hawaii) and get my $450 back for the 2 tickets... doubt it.

Seen them twice already on Vertigo, once at Manchester and their last night in New York (yes, the one with the DREADFUL fiasco of an ending...)

I was hoping to see the last ever Vertigo concert go out in a blaze of glory (ending with Vertigo I was hoping!) to remove the bad taste left from the NY one.

Never mind, that's just a piddly problem considering the current situation.

Hi there,

This is a bit irrelevant, but I was also at the final NY show (MSG, Nov 22nd). I thought the ending with Patti Smith was a bit strange, yet energetic and the crowd appeared to be fair-weather fans who were only into the hits (unlike us on this site).

Anyway, I'm curious to learn why you thought it was a fiasco....

MBH
NY

my thoughts and prayers are with them. The way this tour was going it almost seemed too good to be true. Certainly puts things in perspective.

Those who did have tickets to the postponed dates should consider themselves lucky. When U2 returns, those will be some incredibly powerful and emotional shows.

Last edited:
:sad: I never thought of it that way Tah, I can barley type now, it is hard to see through my tears. I am one of the many people here who had planned for the last show of the tour. I could care less about cancling my flight, room, etc. I just want Edge's baby to be well. I hope and pray for the best....

Peace :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( My thoughts and prayers are with the band and their families.

Imagine trying to perform and entertain 20,000 people when someone you love is suffering. Your heart would be at the bedside of that loved one, not on the stage. I am sure that this decision was well thought out and I know it was the right one. I can't even imagine one of my kids in that situation. All of the U2 family are in my prayers. I pray that God brings His healing and His peace.

I'm so sad&upset for the family member who's ill&like everyone else has said, it especially breaks my heart if it's Sian :sad: :(

So my thoughts to Edge and Morleigh if it's the case&please let it all work out for them soon :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart:

And i cannot believe how many selfish, lousy :censored: have the nerve to complain about what they'll lose out on on the tour boards! Jesus, have a bit of compassion! :tsk:

Oh my:sad:

so sorry to hear about this...

I'm so sorry for all the fans who will be disappointed--all those Aussie fans who'd waited so long!-- but we all *know* that they'd not have done this if it weren't absolutely necessary.

So, I hope U2 don't worry about anything but being there for loved ones; it's of course the absolutely right thing to do, and we all hope and pray for recovery.

We'd wished and maybe came to expect that this was all behind them, but now that it seems there's more to this road, then I hope they feel the fans' support with them on it...

Last edited:
Now is not the time to be selfish. My thoughts are with the band members and their families. As mentioned by others before.....we'll still be here

I wish a speedy recovery for whoever it is that is that is sick. Besides, when you get right down to it, good health is much more important than a rock show.

Best of luck, thoughts, and prayers to the U2 family. :sad:

Compassion, understanding, and patience for the U2 fans whose concerts have been postponed. :(

I'm sure many of you here feel like this, but honestly, i feel like one of my extended family members is ill. Those 4 guys from Ireland have one of the biggest families in the world.

'Sisters, brothers', you know.

I do believe that our prayers are good for whoever out there needs them. May Allah grant the families and friends the patience and strength to deal with this difficult time.

Even though I am basically a stranger to any of the band members, I hope they understand that my thoughts are with them.

As for the fans that are going to miss out - I'm sure the band will retrun to your shores in the near future and rock your socks off!

Re: Re: Re: Re: AUSTRALIAN FAN - DEVASTATED

DaveC said:

Oh, come on. Give me a fucking break.

It's not about someone "expressing themselves". It's about someone bitching that they have to wait a whole other couple months to see the band, when someone very close to a band member is gravely ill.

I'm U2 didn't want or plan for this to happen. They aren't doing this to jip Australian fans out of a show or two.

I think there is a difference between being disappointed and being selfish.

Of course I fully understand the need for the cancellations and hope that the poorly family member makes a full recovery. I don't blame anyone for the situation.

That doesn't mean that I am not disappointed though because my trip to Hawaii is non refundable and no transferable - I can't reschedule either so I will have spent £3000 on a trip to see U2 when there is no U2 show. Under these circumstances people are bound to feel disappointed and are going to want to talk about it. IMO that does not make them selfish.

I hope that the sick person gets better soon and maybe that you all get your dates rescheduled one day. I won't be able to afford to go back again so I won't be there when it does happen.

Mr_Boingy said:
Yes, best wishes to whomever is ill.

From a purely selfish fan point of view, it's very disappointing (I'm sure it's ok to point out one's disappointment).

I wonder if it will be possible to re-arrange my £2,500 holiday (from UK to Hawaii) and get my $450 back for the 2 tickets... doubt it.

I was hoping to see the last ever Vertigo concert go out in a blaze of glory (ending with Vertigo I was hoping!)

Never mind, that's just a piddly problem considering the current situation.

Same situation here Mr Boingy (nice name by the way). Yeah it seems a big deal to me but I know it really is a piddly problem in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Even though I don't personally know any of the guy's family members, my heart still dropped and my eyes still teared up at reading this news. U2 has given me so much of themselves and made such an impact in my life...I think we can all give them time to take care of each other.

Saw this on U2log.com and U2 Slovenija

the 2nd Buenos Aires show (the last show for a long time I think), at the end of Zoo Station Bono sings:

Daddy coming home now, hang on now Sian, hang on there little diva.

Back
Top Bottom