(02-14-2003) U2 Take The Stage for Alice Temperley - Vogue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.vogue.co.uk/

LONDON PREVIEW: TEMPERLEY

U2 could be set to make their debut appearance at London Fashion Week next week at Alice Temperley's show. And you might see Natalie Imbruglia there, too, at Notting Hill's Twentieth Century Theatre on Wednesday evening. "I don't know why, but apparently quite a few music people like my label," Temperley shrugs modestly. "The celebrity thing certainly isn?t something I try to do." The show, which will be Temperley's first ever catwalk presentation, is likely to feature some impressive catwalk faces as well, including Liberty Ross, Kirsty Hume and Jodie Kidd. And as if that weren't enough glamour, the clothes are bound to be pretty spectacular. "There are lots of Egyptian-inspired prints and ornate coin embroidery," explains Temperley, who studied textiles at St Martins before completing an MA at the Royal College of Art. "It's very romantic. I guess it's an Egyptian winter, Dr Zhivago-style." Temperley attributes her fashion success to a background in textiles design, which she sees as the basis of each collection. "I decide what I want to do with prints and embroidery and then the collection comes from that, rather than the other way around," she says. "And I make sure that I make pieces that I'd like to wear myself." Whatever she does, it seems to work - there have been more than 1000 tickets requests for the show, which only will only seat 200. (February 14 2003, AM)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom