(01-19-2005) U2 Sweep Rolling Stone Readers Poll -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Sweep Rolling Stone Readers Poll

Readers of Rolling Stone magazine have made U2 'Best Band' and 'Artist of the Year' in their annual poll... and that's not all.

Readers voted 'Vertigo' as 'Best Single' - beating off competition from Franz Ferdinand ('Take Me Out') in second place.

They also elected 'How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' as 'Best Album', pipping Green Day ('American Idiot') as well as Brian Wilson ('Smile'), Franz Ferdinand ('Franz Ferdinand') and Eminem ('Encore').

And 'Vertigo' bagged 'Best Video' ahead of Gwen Stefani ('What You Waiting For?').

In the' Artist of the Year' category, U2 were No.1 ahead of Green Day and Ray Charles while in the 'Best Band' category they won ahead of Maroon 5 and Green Day.

And given that the band weren't touring last year, that they don't do Hip-Hop, weren't making a come-back and don't have a 'Female Performer'.... there really wasn't that much else to win!

--U2.com

Now this is awesome! But isn''t it always that when U2 come out with a new album, they kick ass anyway. It is not a suprise that they beat in every category, it would've been a suprise if they didn't. :wink: :wink: :sexywink: :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:

Awesome! I still have that 1987 Rolling Stone with a lucious picture of Bono on the cover--Best Band-Best Voice-Best Album! Yes!

"...beating off competition from Franz Ferdinand..."

I hope whoever wrote this got a stern talking-to...! :eyebrow:

Has the issue been released? They certainly couldn't put U2 on the cover AGAIN, could they? They were just on the cover, what, two issues ago?

Zoocoustic said:
They did this in 87, 88, 91, 93 in Rolling Stone as well (swept their reader's choice awards)

They also did it during the ATYCLB era. So I guess the only blip in the radar was `97.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom