Vancouver #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like tonight's radio stream is only a few songs:

ALT 98.7
@ALT987fm

We're checkin in w/ @U2 at 8:30p tonight & airing a few songs from their show tonight! 8:30p! bit.ly/1cOQN8Q #U2ieTour

giphy.gif

I can't believe how close we were to getting a Popcore on the third leg of Vertigo. I wish U2 had tried it out. It would've been heaps of fun.

Though as much as I agree that an energetic encore would be desirable, nothing could compare with Bad as the closer.

ending with Bad or All I Want is You is preferred, at least those have a great climax. I know everyone loves 40, but it can drag on. MOS was even worse because there was no singalong with it. loved the 5th leg Vertigo encores. Saints are Coming/Desire or Angel of Harlem/Kite or AIWIY or One Tree Hill. something like that would be great

WOWY/MOS was such a snoozy way to end the huge spectacle of 360. I'm fine with a slow ending as long as there's release (Love is Blindness with the guitar solo, One/extra song after Mysterious Ways on Popmart, et al)

glad I registered here to have these conversations, my more casual friends have no idea what I'm talking about

ending with Bad or All I Want is You is preferred, at least those have a great climax. I know everyone loves 40, but it can drag on. MOS was even worse because there was no singalong with it. loved the 5th leg Vertigo encores. Saints are Coming/Desire or Angel of Harlem/Kite or AIWIY or One Tree Hill. something like that would be great

WOWY/MOS was such a snoozy way to end the huge spectacle of 360. I'm fine with a slow ending as long as there's release (Love is Blindness with the guitar solo, One/extra song after Mysterious Ways on Popmart, et al)

Yep, agreed. I think the ideal way to still get in 40 is how they did it at some Vertigo shows, with a reasonably lengthy 40 snippet near the end of Bad. If it weren't for One Tree Hill at Auckland II, that would be the greatest closer U2's ever had.

Yep, agreed. I think the ideal way to still get in 40 is how they did it at some Vertigo shows, with a reasonably lengthy 40 snippet near the end of Bad. If it weren't for One Tree Hill at Auckland II, that would be the greatest closer U2's ever had.

Bad/40 is the best way to end a show. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm very hopeful they stick to their guns this tour, and keep playing lots of the new stuff.

I don't want to see them repeat the 360 tour - where for the first time ever they morphed into band playing the "greatest hits". I thought that tour had so much potential....and I was very disappointed as a hard core fan. (Though I can understand that the casual fans probably loved it.). To a lesser degree, we saw the same thing with Popmart.

I hope they give the haters and naysayers a big middle finger this time around, and just stick with the plan. I think this album can stand on its own and truly be the backbone of this tour.

I'm very hopeful they stick to their guns this tour, and keep playing lots of the new stuff.

I don't want to see them repeat the 360 tour - where for the first time ever they morphed into band playing the "greatest hits". I thought that tour had so much potential....and I was very disappointed as a hard core fan. (Though I can understand that the casual fans probably loved it.). To a lesser degree, we saw the same thing with Popmart.

I hope they give the haters and naysayers a big middle finger this time around, and just stick with the plan. I think this album can stand on its own and truly be the backbone of this tour.

Part of the reason 360 changed was the lengthy delay. Bono's back recovery took months. And since not only was NLOTH not doing well, but it was the 20th anniversary of AB, a move towards that material made more sense. I saw 360 in Tampa in 09 and then in both E Lansing and Pittsburgh. It was almost as if I'd seen two different tours because there were so many changes. That said, I loved having the experience of both the NLOTH material and the ZooTv-style AB nostalgia-esque shows. Seeing them perform Streets on a stage as magnificent as The Claw while using the same exact JT footage that was used on ZooTv...it was stunning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Part of the reason 360 changed was the lengthy delay. Bono's back recovery took months. And since not only was NLOTH not doing well, but it was the 20th anniversary of AB, a move towards that material made more sense. I saw 360 in Tampa in 09 and then in both E Lansing and Pittsburgh. It was almost as if I'd seen two different tours because there were so many changes. That said, I loved having the experience of both the NLOTH material and the ZooTv-style AB nostalgia-esque shows. Seeing them perform Streets on a stage as magnificent as The Claw while using the same exact JT footage that was used on ZooTv...it was stunning.

Fair enough. I saw the Seattle show. It was definitely the AB-centered show, which was cool, being a fan of AB myself. But I really felt like something was missing. I wanted more NLOTH songs. I felt like they weren't touring an album. I felt like I was truly watching an AB tribute show....and maybe that's exactly what it was.

i'm bummed i'm not there, so is it ok to root for an absolute clusterfuck so long as nobody gets hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom