War horses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Walk On every once in a while would be a better closer than what they've had so far. But I'm glad that it's not a regular this tour for sure.

I would not be surprised to see Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own get played this tour. Maybe it would have a Kite on Vertigo type resurrection.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
hmm i dont think walk on should be in the encore! honestly would be happy if 360 was the last time they played it! but if they had to would want it second half of main set!
NYD would be a great encore song! wish theyd rotate 40/bad for closer that would be my dream

Is everyone overlooking that SBS has been rearranged and is completely different in character? This is the best that song has been since the late 80s.

I've read a few people here have a similar opinion but I really don't care for it and find it disappointing .

I think they stripped the song of one of the things that makes it so powerful and that is the passion from the guitar and drums(they clearly still have the lyrical passion in how it is sung but that's only half if it).To me it's just a notch above an acoustic version. This song is supposed to be a beast, perhaps THE beast of U2 songs and instead it sounds almost like a ballad.

For me, the best version was on Elevation Tour. I loved it more than any version before and since.

OK, name some decent performances of Sunday after 80´s.

U2 Go Home on the Elevation Tour version was incredible and my favorite version by far of the song.

Edges guitar and back up singing is top notch here.

Sure, I'll just name one fresh from memory. Madison Square Garden- July 22, 2015. :up:

Of course, the best one ever was from the War tour in 1983, but U2's performance of SBS on the 2015 tour has been kick ass as well.

The problem is, the song is determined to be done in a very dynamic way full of rage. The band is certainly mentally somwhere else in their 50´s. So it is not a good choice for them to perform it last couple of tours every night. However, at some special occassion like a few ZooTV shows, the BIll Clinton event it was okay. Generally I would say it sounds now very dad rock, but you would crucify me. So I say it sounds very outdated.

The problem is, the song is determined to be done in a very dynamic way full of rage. The band is certainly mentally somwhere else in their 50´s. So it is not a good choice for them to perform it last couple of tours every night. However, at some special occassion like a few ZooTV shows, the BIll Clinton event it was okay. Generally I would say it sounds now very dad rock, but you would crucify me. So I say it sounds very outdated.

Honestly, I don't know where to begin with you, so I won't even bother. Your use of the term "dad rock" has become a stale cliché. Everybody has an opinion and you're certainly entitled to one, but I don't see how yours can be taken seriously. There are probably millions of people who disagree with you about SBS and more than likely you couldn't care less about that. U2 will always have a "rage" about something. Be it war, AIDS or poverty, etc. You haven't even been present for their current tour and seen SBS performed for your opinion to have merit. SBS is a timeless classic. It doesn't have to be kept in a time capsule marked "1983" for it to have relevancy.

U2 Go Home on the Elevation Tour version was incredible and my favorite version by far of the song.

Edges guitar and back up singing is top notch here.

:up: :up: Love that version so much, my favorite as well. And I totally agree about Edge's backing vocals and guitar work, they are really great on that one.

Honestly, I don't know where to begin with you, so I won't even bother. Your use of the term "dad rock" has become a stale cliché. Everybody has an opinion and you're certainly entitled to one, but I don't see how yours can be taken seriously. There are probably millions of people who disagree with you about SBS and more than likely you couldn't care less about that. U2 will always have a "rage" about something. Be it war, AIDS or poverty, etc. You haven't even been present for their current tour and seen SBS performed for your opinion to have merit. SBS is a timeless classic. It doesn't have to be kept in a time capsule marked "1983" for it to have relevancy.

I know some people have allergy for that term dad rock, even if it perfectly describes what it is. Eventually, maybe that´s why... :) Anyway, this is why I used "outdated". For example I find "All Because Of You" a bit awkward and it wasn´t as succesful as they wanted to be. Because it aspires for something so badly, that the results looks forced. It sounds a bit tiresome. It demands youthful energy and rage that U2 cannot create for these songs anymore. I cannot imagine them playing in such a passionate and furious way like they did when they performed Sunday in the 80´s. Or Womanfish, Homecoming, Hawkmoon, God part II, Wire, etc. This is why I don´t think it would be a good idea to perform Acrobat now. I know it is a dream for many of hardcore fans, but I think it would be rather disappointing. In their 50´s their strength is somewhere else and there is nothing bad about it, it´s evolution of the band. However, it is interesting they can still perform E-co or Outta Control pretty well...

Yeah, something tells me that All Because of You will never see the light of day ever again, so you got that going for you. :wink: That song will never be considered a "warhorse". I've got no problem with the song, but there are many others that I like better from Bomb. Like it or not, Sunday Bloody Sunday will continue to dominate U2's concert setlists for the rest of their career. Even though they're a bunch of guys in their 50's, they'll continue to play the shit out of it, youth be damned. :wink:

Someone once made fun of me for listening to Dad rock in front of my daughter.

That's easy!!

And most 360 performances were at or near this level.

As was already mentioned, it was pretty good on Elevation. Slower for sure due to Bono's voice, but plenty of passion.

The only time this song really slacked was on the Vertigo Tour.

A lot of warhorses slacked on Vertigo. One and WOWY were at all-time lows, Pride was pretty bad, Streets suffered with the intro speech and the flags, SBS and Bullet were probably at their worst...

That's easy!!

And most 360 performances were at or near this level.

As was already mentioned, it was pretty good on Elevation. Slower for sure due to Bono's voice, but plenty of passion.

It is very emotional to see U2 perform in city of Berlin at that place, where so many crucial things happened in 20th century...

Anyway, the problem of Sunday is not only that it doesn´t have that youthful vibe anymore, but also the song sounds very oldschool, outdated. Very 70´s\B0´s.

Side note: It´s unbelievably hilarious how weak rapper Jay-Z is. He has no clue what flow is and his lyrics are usually piece of crap. :)

Last edited:
I wish they actually played it during Lovetown, though. :) :lol: I'm sure they would've been great performances. The JT versions, IMO, are truly untouchable. Lovetown was full of amazing performances, especially of Bad, Streets, Running To Stand Still, Hawkmoon, etc. Those are some of my favorite bootlegs for sure.
Elevation was a great comeback for the song, Vertigo was awful, 360 was okay and I/E versions have been pretty good.

I was more speaking of the Lovetown Tour as a whole being musically superior. I just now realized they never played SBS on Lovetown! My mind is blown!

Back
Top Bottom